Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Maryland Haunting, c1974

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 06:37 PM

ya, i know what that is like.  try reading Nietzsche.  good God, that man's sentences feel like a page!  i can reread his stuff twice then ask myself a question about it and draw a blank.  way too deep.                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#17    Sidhe

Sidhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:04 PM

Nietzsche is deep like a pile of dinosaur doo.  Stay away from that stuff, it causes canker..

For literary twists and turns, try Hawthorne or Henry James.  Them fellows never met a sentence they didn't like to extend on past mortal comprehension..

For mind boggling try the poetry of Wallace Stevens.  It makes you go "wuh?" until you catch on to "the trick"..

Philosophy is fun, though I haven't had any straight since college.  I do know that Nietzche offers a one way ticket into the black hole of self love.. WILL TO POWER!! I AM THE UBERMAN!! ALL KNEES BEND TO ME!!!!  wacko.gif

No thank you!                                                  

#18    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 09:10 PM

I think I'll stick to my Robert Frost and my e.e. cummings, if it's all the same...

mellow.gif                                                  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#19    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 25 April 2003 - 09:22 PM

You have good taste LB!   wink.gif                                                  

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#20    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 03:12 AM

when it comes to poetry, ive always enjoyed TS Eliot.  when it comes to philosophy, ive always enjoyed Kant.  

i love history.  there are so many cool things to read- i especially love ancient history.  one of the coolest things i read in Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire was a story of the games and celebrations.  things like an Emperor bringing in countless animals- i am talking thousands of animals.  lions, tigers, bears, hippos, giraffes, whales, dolphins, dogs, wolves, crocodiles, etc... all for a show in the colosseum.  the shows would have both land and sea.  they would recreate naval battles complete with an ocean and sea animals- lasting for days.  then they drained the sea and moved an entire forest into the colosseum, bringing  in enough animals to watch them hunt and interact with each other- again for days on end.  they would then stage days of hunts, celebrations, and feasts.  they would eat until they vomited and then eat even more.  i was struck by how fun life must have been in those days.  i honestly cannot believe the things they did, it almost seems surreal to me.

reading is great fun  biggrin.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#21    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 10 May 2003 - 03:31 AM

Haha Sidhe, great story!                                                  

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users