Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

AA artifacts - evidence or speculation ?

ancient aliens proof evidence statues petroglyphs drawings

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#46    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

Exeter makes a good point. We barely know the tip of the ice burg regarding our past.

and to backup MY quotex on behalf of evolving backwards: (the special non google edition for kmt_) :yes:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2291228/Have-scientists-discovered-reverse-evolution-Study-shows-house-dust-mites-abandoned-parasitic-lifestyle-free-living-just-like-ancestors.html

I may just have a new theory here.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 07:10 AM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#47    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hello Sheep smart!

Thats called artist creativity.

What do you say on this, below?

Posted Image

TMNT?

Or this?

Posted Image

And last I like the most.
You dont actually think that Natives from Colima... :blush:

Posted Image

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#48    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

1st one - a flying tortois BECAUSE it closely resembles a UFO. Ha! and probably because there was no Pottery Barn back then.
2nd one- that is def an astronaut  in...... possibly disney inspired gear.

3rd one - Do you happen to have the x-rated version off hand?????????

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#49    Exeter

Exeter

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

• He's always on my mind

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hi the L.

You're using extreme examples in an attempt to prove your point which is not far removed from a strawman argument. I know the previous posts have been addressed but to be truly open minded you have to allow for a margin of doubt.

Donna

UFOs = weather balloons of the Gods.

#50    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,730 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostExeter, on 05 May 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

Not to stir up **** here (more that's been already) but seriously who can claim to truly understand what the ancient people really thought? Even today with so much available communication world wide there's more than a few cultural blocks. What I mean by that is that even if you go live abroad with a different culture and learn everything you can about them you still will never have their mind set.

The ancients made art and wrote a lot about their every day lives. Who's to say that what we interpret as just their beliefs and myths weren't actual descriptions of what really went down?

Time machine or it didn't happen. lol

So we can dismiss the theories from professional archaeologists and anthropologists who spend the better part of their lives studying ancient cultures who then must put those theories into the lion's mouth called peer review? Simply because they weren't there? All the artifacts, all the documentation and records, all of the oral histories passed down to descendants, all of the cultural evidence left behind by ancient civilizations don't matter?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#51    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 05 May 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

So we can dismiss the theories from professional archaeologists and anthropologists who spend the better part of their lives studying ancient cultures who then must put those theories into the lion's mouth called peer review? Simply because they weren't there? All the artifacts, all the documentation and records, all of the oral histories passed down to descendants, all of the cultural evidence left behind by ancient civilizations don't matter?
I dont dismiss them, I just dont care to acknowledge them because for one theories of ancient history come a dime a dozen. Accepted theories are not necessarily proven.
Like exeter said, we seem to think we know everything about people and thier beliefs, myths, and everything theyve seen thousands of years ago.

#52    Exeter

Exeter

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

• He's always on my mind

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 05 May 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

Hi Slave2Fate.

That was not my point at all. The academics have done a wonderful job of exploring and deciphering how ancient people lived and what they believed in.

From what I have personally experienced is that even today people have difficulty grasping the intricacies of a foreign culture. Experiences are expressed in their own language and/or beliefs, and the way we have been trained from day one to interpret things eventually will get in the way of understanding what they are describing. Now apply that to people who lived thousands of years ago and that really complicates that by several factors.

It's like the islanders who thought WWII planes were gods (sorry I can't remember all the dentals right now). That was relatively recent. Why couldn't have an alien race visited in the past and the indigenous people have made images of what they really saw?

I know it's just speculation, but so is a large part of what has been submitted by archeologists.

Donna

UFOs = weather balloons of the Gods.

#53    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Whats the purpose of this, just one of the many hundreds at Nazca, a 6 mile long runway looking line for religious purposes ? I seriously doubt that and if anyone suggests this is naturally made im certain reverse evolution is in full effect  
Posted Image

#54    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

for the genius who made the remark about "visual aid" heres some more since the thread is based on visual images.

some 13-15th century paintings with "natural occurances"  (that just so happen to look like ufos) in the background.
Whats the latest theory on these?
Posted Image
The Baptism of Christ by Aert de Gelder (1645-1727)
Posted Image
"The Crucifixion" (1350)
Visoki Decani Monestary
Kosovo, Yugoslavi
Posted Image
"Madonna col Bambino e San Giovannino"
(Madonna and Child with the Infant Saint John)

Posted Image
"The Annunciation with Saint Emidius" (1486)
Carlo Crivelli (1430-1495)
National Gallery, London
Posted Image
"Adoration of the Child with St. Benedict and Angels" (c 1480)
Vincenzo Foppa
(ca.1430-1515)
Posted Image
"Tenture de la Vie de la Vierge"
Unknown Artist
(1330)
Notre-Dame

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#55    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Sheep, when you see the paintings, what do you do?

For me, when i see the paintings, the small/tiny depictions do look like Flying suacers. UFOs etc.
But do i make a sudden conclusion whether they are indeed UFOs?
No i dont. because i need to know more about these depictions.
So what do i do?
I research. I read material. I use my common sense. I use occam's razor. i arrive at my conclusions.
that is what every thinking man should do.

for your information, have a look at this link regarding the 'depcitions of UFOs in Medieval Art"

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#56    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 May 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

For me, when i see the paintings, the small/tiny depictions do look like Flying suacers. UFOs etc.
But do i make a sudden conclusion whether they are indeed UFOs?
No i dont. because i need to know more about these depictions.
So what do i do?
I research. I read material. I use my common sense. I use occam's razor. i arrive at my conclusions.
that is what every thinking man should do.

for your information, have a look at this link regarding the 'depcitions of UFOs in Medieval Art"

Well, if its nice outside I sometimes I put on my french maid outfit and pop a ****load of acid. Not today though, no acid on Sundays,

thats fabulous. ive done all that but i still see what looks like the same thing thousands of people claim to see each year while reporting a ufo sighting. so you see how that works dont you? after all my thoughts are different from yours. are they not? if i started this thread and i stand by what i think and back it against the herd, isnt that my own conclusion?
if it looks like a duck, in every picture....
you should really use your own razor.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#57    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

thats fabulous. ive done all that but i still see what looks like the same thing thousands of people claim to see each year while reporting a ufo sighting. so you see how that works dont you? after all my thoughts are different from yours. are they not?
if it looks like a duck, in every picture....
you should really use your own razor.

Putting aside the pithy remarks, take a look at the link that i have provided and do give your comments.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

#58    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 May 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Putting aside the pithy remarks, take a look at the link that i have provided and do give your comments.

please dont put them aside.
yea, i dont really agree with the shape shifting cloud- star theories.
You dont really expect me to change my mind after that read do you?

#59    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

i realize its off topic, but can you explain your somewhat contradictive quote

:unsure2:

#60    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

No comments. :innocent:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users