Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One question I keep asking myself.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#46    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,367 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

There is a thoughtful story about a poor farmer and his son. I will be hacking this story up a bit but the moral remains intact.

The poor farmer and his son were barely able to make ends meet. They toiled day and night to feed the family.

One day, there was an accident, ... one involving the son, who thus lost a leg. The farmer was totally distraught. Besides the concern for his son, now with only one leg, the farmer was also concerned about his farm and how he was going to make ends meet. He struggled. But somehow, they were doing better than before, despite one less laborer on the farm. It seems the son was good on the business end of things and had the time to develop marketing practices that aided in the income  of the farm. Knowing this, the farmer was once again happy.

Then there came a time when his home country went to war. The farmer was again distraught, for his son would not be able to fight in the war to help save the country. This war led to the deaths of most of the community's sons. He saw neighbor after neighbor lose a child due to the war. Upon watching all this, the farmer was once again happy that he still had his one-legged son.

The war was eventually lost. The farmer became yet again distraught. His country was invaded and a new government was set-up. Much changed for the country following the loss during this war. Yet as time passed, while the son carried on his good business sense while the farmer toiled on his small parcel of land, the farmer learned that the invaders placed higher value on developing agriculture. He received more money for his produce and was able to buy more land. The farmer was once again very happy.

The moral of the story (and I will also be hacking this up a bit), and there is more than one moral,  is that there is good that comes with the bad, and there is bad that comes with the good. This story also teaches us that we cannot allow the peaks and troughs of the cycles of good and bad to influence our happiness or our faith in ourselves and/or others. We must accept the good with the bad and the bad with the good, because they walk hand-in-hand.

Edited by regeneratia, 20 March 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#47    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,656 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 20 March 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

By taking away your ability to have power over evil, not just it's definition but also it's results, you have fallen into a very duelistic trap. If you claim to have a part in each, to see each as a part of the other, then you can control it. I honestly do not think you can seperate good from evil because they are part of the very same thing, part of the same spectrum of human and incorporal capabilities.

The power over evil is choice; people are not more powerful than evil but can choose Divinity if given the choice, or good on a daily basis(Greek). Try to find evil in an angel; it can't be done--by definition--unless that angel had at some point chosen against the divine becoming evil. Like I said: if the divine is not accepted then all you are left with is good and bad.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#48    SYNAPSE

SYNAPSE

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

it is, why after i try and try again:is everyone still messing things up?

#49    TheLogic

TheLogic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I think people who are "evil" are just mentally deficient.

#50    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

A quote I remember of my childhood (a looooooong time ago) from my mother was, son without the bad days there wouldnt be any good days, ....... if my ma could read my mind, she would've slapped me silly for I would be saying to myself, Shut up ma I want every day to be a good day! Funny how when we get older we realise our parents were right.

#51    True Lotus

True Lotus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

View PostTheLogic, on 14 March 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Why does evil exist?

Surely their must be some sort of end to evil, I hear on the news everyday about so much evil.
But what about kindness? Love? Happiness?
Do these things not exist?
Maybe I'm being optimistic but I believe that one day evil will just die out and there will only be good left.

Hopefully all things such as: Rape, Murder and Hatred will just die out.

The world would be a much better place rather than the putrid abyss that it is today.

Well to answer the question of why does evil exist the sad fact is there can never be good without evil one side can not exist without the other. How would we know what good is if there was no evil to compare it to?
Even if lets say for the sake of argument there was a period of time in which we achieve Utopia a perfect society with nothing bad in it. can it last? no it can not because evil is apart of human nature for where ever there is human there will always be a conflict inside every one and remember when you were a teenager or at least some point in your life you either revolted out or thought about it thought about revolting just going against the authority why is this I don't know other then its part of our human nature. and at that point when some one does revolt against authority they will be seen as evil and evil will once again be reborn worst then ever because there will be no guidelines for them to follow and they will do what they feel like. at least with our society it may not be perfect but at least with things like gangs they have rules that they follow some more respectable then others but they all have rules other wise there would be no evil it would just be chaos, and would no longer be considered good or evil.
so you see everything is connected to each other on a fundamental basis.

#52    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostTheLogic, on 14 March 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Why does evil exist?

If evil did not exist, good would not exist. By definition, you need one to be able to describe the other.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#53    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,602 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 02 April 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

If evil did not exist, good would not exist. By definition, you need one to be able to describe the other.
This is true enough but couldn't we have more good and just a little evil?

#54    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 02 April 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

Exactly! We shouldn't be worried about the existence of evil because it won't disappear. We should be worried about evil taking over the world.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#55    True Lotus

True Lotus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 02 April 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

but the thing about that is the more you try to fight against or surpress something the stronger it fights back and the stronger it comes out.

#56    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,758 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

we are maintaining a social structure that permits 'evil' to be profitable and a social environment that allows evil to proliferate ...

'we' as in 'modern society'

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#57    UFO RETALIAN SHAPESHIFTER

UFO RETALIAN SHAPESHIFTER

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• "WE SHALL BREE WITH THEM"

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

apparently evil will olways exist because they apparently, want to get something easier  because they do lazy to do hard work. but you must remember the evil olways get caught theres no esape. and olso there olways more good than evil.

C:\Users\Guest\Downloads\picture-of-reptilian-alien.gif

#58    bassai26

bassai26

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "Nobody can choose which star to be born under"

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

evil exist because of majority thinking, if all of thinks that something is evil then it will be. one reason is the people who control power shall be the law and justice no matter how twisted their mind is when they say it is the good or bad then we shall abide.

#59    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,602 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 05 April 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

we are maintaining a social structure that permits 'evil' to be profitable and a social environment that allows evil to proliferate ...

'we' as in 'modern society'
This is as "Marxist-taken-to-irrational-extreme" as it gets.  I think Pol Pot showed us what is wrong with this kind of thinking.  Modern Communist societies recognize that people evolved into what they are and changing the social environment won't change the people and how they evolved.  The idea now is to understand all this and to create things that take advantage of the way people are, even their less desirable characteristics.

#60    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,758 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 04 August 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

This is as "Marxist-taken-to-irrational-extreme" as it gets.  I think Pol Pot showed us what is wrong with this kind of thinking.  Modern Communist societies recognize that people evolved into what they are and changing the social environment won't change the people and how they evolved.  The idea now is to understand all this and to create things that take advantage of the way people are, even their less desirable characteristics.

"desirable characteristics" ?
The world showed Pol Pot what is wrong with the kind of thinking that I mentioned .... Pol Pot showed us what is wrong with the kind of "thinking" that most adheres to today ...

Its a two way street ... action and re-action ... done and undone ... doing and not doing counts ... not just what we judge as is or perceives as acceptable ... or not.
Even if it is not acknowledged ... it is in the same pot :yes:

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users