Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the "dragon particle" - ET Lifeform?

Jacques Terreur

hey y'all,

i just found this via forteantimes and thought i share it with you.

I haven't heard ANYTHING about that before, but if it was what the article claims,

wouldn't that have made much bigger news??

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/518510/Aliens-do-exist-scientists-find-proof-of-life-in-space

(to shortcut it for the lazy readers: the article claims that scientists found a microbal alien lifeform

in material they gathered from earth's stratosphere)

Everyone just remain calm, thats it, now look this way... Good...now stare into the light.... :lol:

Edited by taniwha

If it's from the strosphere, how can they be sure it's not Terrestrial in origin? Some sort of extremeophile?

• Like 1

to be honest, to the untrained eye (just as mine), it appears to be some rocks just lumped together.....

• Like 2

Hmmm, sounds similar to last years claims.

British scientists claim they have proof of alien life after a balloon they launched into space returned with organisms that did not come from Earth. The supposed discovery does not end the debate over life in space as researchers need to thoroughly analyze the findings.

http://www.ibtimes.com/aliens-are-here-scientists-say-they-have-proof-alien-life-there-should-be-plenty-skepticism-1408322

So were the results positive or negative? Maybe they were just inconclusive.

If it's from the strosphere, how can they be sure it's not Terrestrial in origin? Some sort of extremeophile?

Im going with extremophile, but maybe one of atmospheric origin? Consider the size of the stratosphere alone is about 40+ km deep encircling the entire planet from 10+ km up. That amounts a far far far bigger volume of living space than in all the seas and waters combined on Earth. Imagine how hard it would be to find a life form even as big as a blue whale up there? Its amazing any life the size of a dragon particle would even be found unless of course the stratosphere is abundant with them?

In anycase it doesnt look very lively to me.

If you ever wondered how large all Earths water combined is compared to the size of Earth itself you might be as suprised as me.

http://io9.com/if-you-collected-all-of-earths-water-into-a-sphere-ho-5908108

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl...." ~ Pink Floyd

• Like 2