Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayan doomsday 'safe zone' shut down

sean6

Mayan doomsday 'safe zone' shut down

Citing fears that doomsday believers, curiosity seekers, and "above all" journalists, will flood a French mountaintop on Dec. 21, the supposed day of the Mayan apocalypse, local officials are banning access to the mountain.

The spot, Pic de Bugarach, is rumored to be one of the only safe places on the planet on Dec. 21, according to Raw Story. On that date, a major cycle of the Maya Long Count calendar ends. The calendar is split into several chunks, including 400-year spans called b'ak'tuns. Dec. 21, 2012 on our calendar marks the end of the 13th b'ak'tun and the beginning of a new cycle.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49862332/ns/technology_and_science-science/

• Like 1

This can`t be, I have already have bought my ticket, 2 grand it cost me and all my worldly possessions goes to some guy called Mr Rich Gullible, Rich is short for Richard he told me. Sounded so nice on the phone!

i am even getting a pair of plimsoles to travel up there in, (my free gift for registering) ;) , how lucky am I?

• Like 3

From the Raw Story article:

"Local officials banned access to the Pic de Bugarach, a mountain in the southwest where rumour has it the hilltop will open on the last day and aliens will emerge with spaceships to save nearby humans."

Alrighty then!

• Like 3

I have just had an idea, if mountain is shut, anyone wishing a safe haven can sit it out on my man made bunker, its cheap, just bring a few candles and tins of food...will also need a cooker cos I have already given mine to Richard.....oh and a sofa, and a few blankets.

Ps: cash only.

thanks.

From the Raw Story article:

"Local officials banned access to the Pic de Bugarach, a mountain in the southwest where rumour has it the hilltop will open on the last day and aliens will emerge with spaceships to save nearby humans."

Alrighty then!

makes sense to me - if there's a bunch of people up there when it opens up someone's gonna get hurt

• Like 6

makes sense to me - if there's a bunch of people up there when it opens up someone's gonna get hurt

yep, and will there be ambulances waiting for them at the bottom?

• Like 1

I think they are a bunch of party poopers, I was looking forward to someone documenting the antics of these folks for hours, possibility days of shared you-tube hilarity afterward. <_<

• Like 4

What makes these gullible people think that sitting on top of a mountain is gonna be safe if there was an Apocalypse , Its the last place I would be. Doomed, Doomed oh dear.Will they ask for their money back when it doesn't happen , or be redirected to another site when the next one is due.

I think they are a bunch of party poopers, I was looking forward to someone documenting the antics of these folks for hours, possibility days of shared you-tube hilarity afterward. <_<

I read that there are only about 200 people who live in this village. I don't blame them wanting to keep out 20,000 nuts.It would have been fun to see the look on their faces the next day though. :)

• Like 2

I read that there are only about 200 people who live in this village. I don't blame them wanting to keep out 20,000 nuts.It would have been fun to see the look on their faces the next day though. :)

two hundred you say...

maybe it's a big conspiracy. they're pretending they think it's nonsense, but in actuality they want to be the 'chosen ones' to get taken up with the aliens.

that's it! those sneaky petes!

• Like 1

Time to buy real estate in the area and charge thousands per night. They won't care as the world will end anyway why not spend your last few nights in a real bed and room instead of a tent!

Time to buy real estate in the area and charge thousands per night. They won't care as the world will end anyway why not spend your last few nights in a real bed and room instead of a tent!

if you get my old builders, it would never be ready in time.

• Like 1

The world needs to get rid of drug dealers? The people that make up these stories are on something?

The world needs to get rid of drug dealers? The people that make up these stories are on something?

on a mountian perhaps which could do with a bit of publicity?

What a bunch of miserable spoilsports!

Edited by 27vet
  • Like 1

How dumb. Who would want to be left alive when everyone you love is gone?I wonder what those doomsayers will say if nothing happens on Dec. 21st. No point in shopping for Christmas I guess lol.

How dumb. Who would want to be left alive when everyone you love is gone?I wonder what those doomsayers will say if nothing happens on Dec. 21st. No point in shopping for Christmas I guess lol.

Send me your Christmas present all the same. Thanks!

• Like 2

keep your receipts. ;)

• Like 2

Send me your Christmas present all the same. Thanks!

I am sending you a load of money, it may be useless if there are no shops left, but you can use it to light a fire.

• Like 1

What a bunch of miserable spoilsports!

Yeah they could have had a big End Of The World party,raked in loads of cash.

this is such a funny story, i used to believe until i was told, the true year was in the 14th century, lmao!Something like only 236 day in thier calender for a year, the world may stop spinning and we all get crushed from the gravity......

this is such a funny story, i used to believe until i was told, the true year was in the 14th century, lmao!Something like only 236 day in thier calender for a year, the world may stop spinning and we all get crushed from the gravity......

Soooooo you're saying if the translation was amended and the date was changed again to some time in the future you would believe the world is going to end?

More importantly, why would the aliens want those sort of people on board their aircraft?

Because they're the kind of people who won't report the probing to the authorities.

I would want to be alive, it's called survival. A lot of people you love will be gone before you are. Edited by Timonthy