Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tanker washed ashore near NYC

questionmark

Looks like a salvage job now. I wonder if there would be any way to pull it back into the water.....

Looks like a salvage job now. I wonder if there would be any way to pull it back into the water.....

Is it worth it? Christened in 1941 makes it 71+ years old! LOL. Can't believe the thing is still afloat. Maybe the web site is wrong but it looks like an old boat.

Is it worth it? Christened in 1941 makes it 71+ years old! LOL. Can't believe the thing is still afloat. Maybe the web site is wrong but it looks like an old boat.

It is an old boat, and as it was moored probably part of the strategic reserve of some shipping company (they all have one or two moored old tubs in case one of the modern ones has trouble). On my Sailor days I was on a boat build in '45, there is no modern one I would trust as much.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This didn't even make the news here. Staten Island was a black out zone .

sure it was covered. i've seen it on first day after the storm. a lot more than once

No station I watch had it .

NBC,CBS,PIX .I don't watch FoX .

All I did was watch the news,as that's all that was on .

And I posted the 18 th century boat on here somewhere .

There was a very large ship washed hundreds of yards above the high tide line in '69 after hurricane Camille in coastal Mississippi. They had to cut it up for scrap.

• Like 1