Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Skeptic Challenge

Tannenisis

Hey there, everybody. I haven't been on these forums very long, but I thought I'd like to try something in the spirit of the AP Test that was recently conducted. I read a lot of this forum about folks not stepping up to the plate. So I'm stepping up, even if that means that I'm proven to be wrong in the public arena.

I'm looking for folks who would be interested in placing their hats in the ring for me to "read" them and see what I sense. I'll post what I sense in public view. The skeptics can feel free to share their observations with everybody else, tell me I'm off in la-la-land or whatever else you want to say...as long as we keep it friendly. My responses will all be made in the evenings after 9pm (which is when my rugrats are usually asleep).

If at the end of this, I have not said anything remotely accurate about anyone, I will change my signature and avatar to whatever you like. It can even say "Psychic Wannabe," :alien:, or anything else, though I hope you'll be more innovative than that! I'm married to an atheist, have a good sense of humor and I'm not here to draw lines in the sand. Consider me willing to be marked on the forum by whatever the skeptics decide.

So when stating that you would like me to read you, also post your nomination for what the signature and avatar should be.

I'd like to do this from today until Wednesday, shorter or longer depending on the response.

Remember: it's all for fun!! :lol:

Any takers?

Edited by Tannenisis

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tannenisis

• Jjbreen

• Darkflame

• She-ra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a skeptic but fair play anyway for allowing yourself to be tested like that. Even with a personal risk at stake :D . But sure, for fun, let's see what you can get of me!

Edited by RedFFWolf

Hey there, everybody. I haven't been on these forums very long, but I thought I'd like to try something in the spirit of the AP Test that was recently conducted. I read a lot of this forum about folks not stepping up to the plate. So I'm stepping up, even if that means that I'm proven to be wrong in the public arena.

I'm looking for folks who would be interested in placing their hats in the ring for me to "read" them and see what I sense. I'll post what I sense in public view. The skeptics can feel free to share their observations with everybody else, tell me I'm off in la-la-land or whatever else you want to say...as long as we keep it friendly. My responses will all be made in the evenings after 9pm (which is when my rugrats are usually asleep).

If at the end of this, I have not said anything remotely accurate about anyone, I will change my signature and avatar to whatever you like. It can even say "Psychic Wannabe," :alien:, or anything else, though I hope you'll be more innovative than that! I'm married to an atheist, have a good sense of humor and I'm not here to draw lines in the sand. Consider me willing to be marked on the forum by whatever the skeptics decide.

So when stating that you would like me to read you, also post your nomination for what the signature and avatar should be.

I'd like to do this from today until Wednesday, shorter or longer depending on the response.

Remember: it's all for fun!! :lol:

Any takers?

Ok - I'm game.... :)

Jj -

I'm game as long as you don't refer to anything I've already posted about myself. It has to be new information. :tu: Jody

I think I'll join in this one too !

Alrighty-then...my first post will be later on tonight. Have to go to a Buddhist gathering first and will get started as soon as I return ... :P

Thanks for playing!

Tangie

I'm in. c: Really think this will be interesting, and I can't wait to see what readings you come up with for everyone; not to mention their responses.

As for a signature/avatar nomination, you put whatever you want in it. xD I honestly don't quite feel like I should tell you what to put in them, even if you're happy to throw anything up there. xD;;

I'm in :)

I would like to be among the other UM members to be read but i have, in the past months revealed allot of information about myself to so what i think would be fair(in my opinion) is for you to read/connect with my wife since she has never been on here before and at the same time i have hardly spoken of her at all, if your up for the challenge, and i will most definitely let you and all other UM members know exactly how close you come to describing her. :tu:

If there is any info you need on her (date of Birth,etc) let me know..

Edited by the14u2cee

I'm not a skeptic but fair play anyway for allowing yourself to be tested like that. Even with a personal risk at stake :D . But sure, for fun, let's see what you can get of me!

Here is what I sense:

Right now there are persons in your life that are attacking the way you live your life. Though they claim to speak for your own good, this is false. They do ont understand that the way you live and the vision you hold for your future are intertwined.

In the recent past, love matters have knocked you off balance. It began with possibility, but ended before it could ever really get off the ground on her end. You spent too much time dwelling on these memories. It doesn't matter if she is not who you thought she was. At least it was revealed who she really was. So now its time to stop making excuses as to why its not behind you.

In your current work/school situation you are frustrated and losing optimism. There is a male influence keeping you from assuming more of a leadership role; thus you feel like you are dancing to rules not of your making. Dance a bit more because it is not likely to change very soon.

You are indecisive at the moment. Stop asking yourself if you should stay or go. You can't keep walking away from situations as soon as it gets a little rough. They are here to teach you that the answer is neither leaving nor staying, but finding balance to achieve the success you want. In doing so, all aspects are satisfied and you can stop the mental tug-of-war.

Whether you find these words true or not, blessings to you on your path!

Tangie

Ok - I'm game.... :)

Jj -

Here's what I sense:

You are hard to read. :P

The outside world has not been a great place to be in recently, has it? Medical news, notwithstanding, you're waiting for all things to blow over. Didn't help that you didn't get that little financial "pick up" that you'd hoped for. So now you have become an emotional hermit, keeping your distance from things.

Overwhelmingly I sense that you are lonely in a way that you can't communicate to others. You crave a break from life, but aren't getting it in the manner you want it in. So you have withdrawn more. And this is causing rifts with others. You know that, see it happening, but just watch it as if from a distance. It's too much to deal with right now.

I sense that you will continue to do this to your detriment. Internally, you are a house divided, attempting to shed a part of yourself like an old skin. But the real issue is deep within your inner child, where you are vulnerable. That is where you have not gone because it makes you uncomfortable. Until you do this, you will keep on having this disharmony. You will be successful in shaping your mind as you wish, but it will have external ramifications. There are two women in your life that the rift will widen further with because they represent the part of yourself you are shedding.

The external is a mirror into the internal. The conflict arising without is the same conflict inside. Change the inner; the outer disharmony fades.

Tangie

Edited by Tannenisis

I'm game as long as you don't refer to anything I've already posted about myself. It has to be new information. :tu: Jody

Not sure what you've posted in your history; although I post here, I'm an admin on another forum and that takes up my internet time.

But I'll give it a go anyway. Here's what I sense:

It's all about your inner state of mind; I'm not seeing other folks here.

Temperance is your middle name. You like to keep an even keel during troublesome times; people have a hard time knowing that they have affected you unless you allow them to see it. And if you allow them to see it, then the pain had to be bad enough to force you to let your guard down.

Things have been changing for you so much and there has been an underlying anxiety within yourself. You've managed to offset this with time alone and some good introspection.

But I have a question for you:

Why do you insist on thinking that your situation is a judgment that you deserve? Things are the way they are because it is the cycle of life, not penance for something you've done. The very spiritual forces you seek so greatly are denied when you do this.

You have been breaking mental chains slowly, transforming yourself into something new. But a coming event is going to remind you of those dark times of your soul. It won't be as bad as you think it will: a monetary boon is going to offset it. That is why you are temperance: something happens to you and immediately the opposite follows right on its heels. You don't have time to get too stuck in a rut because of this.

This is your real judgment: the fact that life responds to you this way. There is no all-consuming negativity because the positive pushes its way into your view all the time. And you are aware of it. So stop thinking such negative thoughts (I keep getting something about being a failure). No, your life isn't the way you pictured it. Nobody's is. But it is time to stop using those mental swords against yourself.

Whether these words are true or not, blessings to you on your path!

Tangie

Okay, I will do more tomorrow. In the meantime, I hope the others will post their thoughts on what I said.

Sorry about posting so late. I got back later than I thought and anybody here with small ones knows how it goes when the bedtime routine gets wrecked. It all goes out the window!! Have fun, guys!

Later,

Tangie

Ok. I do have a question for you I have always wanted to ask of on line readings . . . How do you "sence" through the www? Well that aside, I'm in. Let me know what you think

What happened to the other topic like this before?

Is it temporarily locked?

hi there

well done for stepping up to the plate .. im far from a skeptic but i do question everything also and have to find things that sit well with me before i will just accept them so im looking forward to what you have to say

so count me in as for your avatar well i think we'll see how you go first lol

good luck and again well done for trying for me in advance wether you hit the mark or not you still have courage in my eyes its very hard for people to make claims as they then have to prove these claims. i myself make no claims to anything im just ME lol

looking forward to your response

Edited by spiritual_soul79

Here is what I sense:

Right now there are persons in your life that are attacking the way you live your life. Though they claim to speak for your own good, this is false. They do ont understand that the way you live and the vision you hold for your future are intertwined.

To be honest, this is probably the only close part I've found. Some of my friends are just fairly different from me but I don't have many problems around me.

In the recent past, love matters have knocked you off balance. It began with possibility, but ended before it could ever really get off the ground on her end. You spent too much time dwelling on these memories. It doesn't matter if she is not who you thought she was. At least it was revealed who she really was. So now its time to stop making excuses as to why its not behind you.

In general, I haven't had any love matters in the past. (I.E. Haven't got into any relationships yet.)

In your current work/school situation you are frustrated and losing optimism. There is a male influence keeping you from assuming more of a leadership role; thus you feel like you are dancing to rules not of your making. Dance a bit more because it is not likely to change very soon.

If anything, I'm more optimistic than ever. I'm getting on really well with my classmates and even all the teachers. I'm very confident with my recent exams and even in the last month, I've been given a free scholarship to a Gaeltacht school for three weeks worth over 700euro. (A kind of boarding school where you speak nothing but Irish. It's mainly fun with sports, art, music etc, only about two hours less of learning Irish better etc.) And I haven't any problem with a 'male influence'.

You are indecisive at the moment. Stop asking yourself if you should stay or go. You can't keep walking away from situations as soon as it gets a little rough. They are here to teach you that the answer is neither leaving nor staying, but finding balance to achieve the success you want. In doing so, all aspects are satisfied and you can stop the mental tug-of-war.

I can't honestly find anything in my life at the moment that ties in with this.

Tangie

Thanks, but most of these words didn't seem to be in place in my life at the moment. Thanks again, it was interesting and good luck with the others!

P.S. If the rest of the readings don't go well, I won't suggest anything for the new avatar, I don't think you deserve that kind of 'punishment' for taking your time to read people who've asked for it. :blush:

Edited by RedFFWolf

Count me in. ^_^

I'm In!

Here's what I sense:

You are hard to read.

==- A lot of "readers" say this... LOL! So I guess I would say this could be apparently 'right on'.

The outside world has not been a great place to be in recently, has it? Medical news, notwithstanding, you're waiting for all things to blow over. Didn't help that you didn't get that little financial "pick up" that you'd hoped for. So now you have become an emotional hermit, keeping your distance from things.

==- Money wise, my wife and I are not 'hurting' and there was no 'financial pick up' expected and or needed. (Actually one investment paid off quite nicely.) So I'd have to say - with the exception of the health issues, which was very public news.

Overwhelmingly I sense that you are lonely in a way that you can't communicate to others. You crave a break from life, but aren't getting it in the manner you want it in. So you have withdrawn more. And this is causing rifts with others. You know that, see it happening, but just watch it as if from a distance. It's too much to deal with right now.

==- Not even sure what this means in the communication w/others. Communication has never been a challenge for me.

==- The break again would only be from some of the health issues that have been a part of my life more than not.

==- Not withdraw and there is no rift w/family, friends or other wise. Well except the people I p*** off, once and awhile. Exception not the rule. I guess the accounting departments that get my bills of service might was too feel a 'rift'.... ;)

I sense that you will continue to do this to your detriment. Internally, you are a house divided, attempting to shed a part of yourself like an old skin. But the real issue is deep within your inner child, where you are vulnerable. That is where you have not gone because it makes you uncomfortable. Until you do this, you will keep on having this disharmony. You will be successful in shaping your mind as you wish, but it will have external ramifications. There are two women in your life that the rift will widen further with because they represent the part of yourself you are shedding.

==- Again not sure what this means. I'm not 'divided' within me. I can actually say after 52 years, I'm fine w/where I'm at. Health issues not withstanding.

==- As for the "two women" - hmm.... the only women in my life is my wife of 32 years. Well except my daughters and g'daughter.

==- As far as my mind is concerned, I just kind of had to chuckle a little at this. So did my wife. As my wife stated, "wow, if you mind was any more focused and disciplined, I'm not sure what I'd do with you." I have a very Focused and controlled mind - it's a good reason I do what I do for living - using my mind, so I really have to challenge this one.

The external is a mirror into the internal. The conflict arising without is the same conflict inside. Change the inner; the outer disharmony fades.

==- Again not sure what conflicts you are talking about, unless you can be more specific, since the only disharmony would be the health issues. That is the only challenge that keeps 'haunting me'.

As I told the other person that tried to read me, "Maybe you should have just left it to, "you are hard to read" - I would have agreed w/that totally. Since other "Readers" like yourself have stated the same thing.

The "Too hard to read" is probably the only thing you got correct, with the exception of the already known health challenge.

Now I might add at the time that you posted this reading, depending on your time zone: I was in the ER since 2pm to 8pm. Due to the Biopsy, my lung has 'slightly colapsed' and infection was detected. I was in some pain. But both of these were expected to happen. So I was more than just a tad frustrated especially with the coughing that only exasterpated the pain in the left chest.

If you would like to try again - feel free. Sometimes it's taken two attempts for people to read - though even then they were either reading totally someone else or just missed the mark. It's your call. :)

Edited by Jjbreen