Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indigo Children

Christin

Have you heard about the Indigo Children, the children withe psychic abilities that are her to change the world?

Are you one of them? What's your opinion about them?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjbreen

• Please Explain

• erynys

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

Have you heard about the Indigo Children, the children withe psychic abilities that are her to change the world?

Are you one of them? What's your opinion about them?

There is no such thing. It has been well established that this is nothing more than a "New Age", BS - to do two things:

A: The promoters of this to make $$$$.

B: Screw up children to believe they are something more than they are.

The sad truth is, for a lot of parents today - they are forcing their kids to grow up to damn fast. Kids are not allowed anymore to just be kids. From sports to school, they are being forced to 'make something for your future'. Not to JUST HAVE FUN!

All the lists out there, that ask: Do you fit this? If so - U R INDIGO. But as a few other threads have dialoged - these lists are "ONE SIZE FITS ALL". They are intended to be this way, other wise they will not sell books. Go read these lists and give 20 people the list and 20 people will see themselves in the list. It is designed that way. There is NOTHING special about it, nothing at all. Certainly no "psychic abilities". There are NO documented proof, evidence or anything to suggest this, with the exception of pure SUBJECTIVE REALITY.

Here is the one proof of this:

Where are these 'answers to change the world'?

Not one of them can come forward and show anything 'psychic' at all - except on a pure subjective level and nothing more. When asked, "can you show us..." it is met with lame excuse after excuse. Or, they do not show us, they go to U-Tube and Google Video to show SOMEONE ELSE. That BTW, they have no clue who this person is, what or how they are doing. But the individual is not able to show anything, except that they are a kid.

No, this is nothing more than a $$$ making scam. Once the scam isn't working anymore, these 'authors' will find a "new find" to sell books.

Good lord, if I had a quarter for all of the people that have thought they were indigo children, I'd have enough to hire a hitman to kill all of them! B)

I know about the lists you are talking about, and the truth is that they are not well designed.

They exist, I am one of them and I just wanted to see what are peoples opinions. You know when you are born with those abilities you have them in your mind as standard. Just like talking or walking. And when you are little you believe that all people have those abilities. And when you grow up and you find out that people dont display them you don't feel "special". Indigo's never feel special. just different and many times they think that its not good to be different. They don't like it. In young age they try to believe that they can become just like everyone and not feel different. It's not easy being an Indigo Child because of the way that people treat you.

Thanks about your opinions :)

I know about the lists you are talking about, and the truth is that they are not well designed.

They exist, I am one of them and I just wanted to see what are peoples opinions. You know when you are born with those abilities you have them in your mind as standard. Just like talking or walking. And when you are little you believe that all people have those abilities. And when you grow up and you find out that people dont display them you don't feel "special". Indigo's never feel special. just different and many times they think that its not good to be different. They don't like it. In young age they try to believe that they can become just like everyone and not feel different. It's not easy being an Indigo Child because of the way that people treat you.

Ok - and so what are your 'abilites' to help save/change the world?

Plus - why would you tell people you are this? What sort of "treatment" from others do you expect to get?

Edited by Jjbreen

Sorry, don't believe you. Good luck.

Are you 'one' because you just want to feel like you are special? There is nothing wrong with that, most people like that feeling.

Why is it important to you what others think about it?

Making claims on the internet is a tough row to hoe....Maybe you are telling the truth, but people just aren't going to believe you without some sort of real, tangible proof.

Man, I have never seen quite so many trolls in one area before.

One of the biggest arguments is that there is NO documented proof of this. Well, if they are meant to change the world, why would government sponsored scientists document proof? Wouldn't that give hope to people that it is possible to change?

Also is there anything disproving this?

I have SEEN studies that show that psysic powers do exist, but they come up with the lamest excuses to "disprove" it.

There are some people out there that just want attention and have no ability whatsoever, but I have done things, and seen things that make me a believer.

Rather than be such a troll, maybe you could be a tad nicer to someone asking a question.

One of the biggest arguments is that there is NO documented proof of this. Well, if they are meant to change the world, why would government sponsored scientists document proof? Wouldn't that give hope to people that it is possible to change?

I have SEEN studies that show that psysic powers do exist, but they come up with the lamest excuses to "disprove" it.

There are some people out there that just want attention and have no ability whatsoever, but I have done things, and seen things that make me a believer.

So we are using the argument that government would try to supress this? :blink: Think about that for just a minute. IF this were true, there would be those who 'whistle blow' this to kingdom come. Independent groups would come up w/their own evidence that would be easily verifiable. This has got to be the strangest conspiracy theory I've heard of yet.

Funny the easiest way to disprove it is by asking these 'wonders' - 'show us'. Hey I'll be the first one inl line to support them if there was even an ounce of truth to this - for which there isn't.

As I have stated in another post. I am all about Accountablity, Crediblity and such. IF one is going to make claims of 'being an answer' - then they had better expect the clear and expected reality - they are going to be asked to 'show their stuff'. Accountablity and Crediblity is then called into action - will they or will they come up w/lame excuses? This is the case - I cannot even say, "more than not..." because no one has been Accountable enough to prove the "... then not." It is just "not".

It is not wrong to ask for proof. We ask it in just about every area of our life, when extraordinary claims of any kind is given. We want proof - it's an historical constant. But current trend seems to be, "well 'I'm' the exception to that rule!" ... Why would one think that?? That is so not even close to the real world we live in.

I actually am not sorry I have the expectation that people that make these claims be Accountable, be Credible, be Responsible for their claims and such. If that is 'wrong', than I am glad to be 'wrong' and have no future plans of changing that.

There are way too many cons, scams, liars, wanna bees and attention seekers out there, that the challenge to "put up" simply has to be the standard. Any thing less is just asking to be taken and rightly so.

So how have you used your abilities to influence the world to do good? What hope have you made in others that make them believe you are special?

I am sorry but I think it is nonsense. Everyone has the latent ability but do not use it so does that make everyone an Indigo? Also if there are so many of these Indigos around why is the world not a much better place because of their influence?

Sorry if I come accross as very skeptical but I don't like catagories that make some people better than others. That suggests that there are people who are inferior and that I do not tolerate...

Star

Rather than be such a troll, maybe you could be a tad nicer to someone asking a question.

OR maybe someone claiming special abilities should put up or well you know.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

I'm not sure if you are confusing the word 'troll' with 'skeptic'. Or even if your defination makes sense.

You have SEEN what studies? Are the 'disproven' excuses lame because you say so?

ANYONE can make a claim on the internet...why would you call people trolls that are just asking questions?

You can feel free to just believe any such thing you'd like, and never question anything if that makes you happy. In fact, I am sure that is what is expected of you. Don't question authority, don't question reality, don't question period.

This is so dumb, just a noob trying to get posts in a thread that has been discussed sooo many times already on this site

if i were a mod i'd have deleted this thread already

Strange that we are talking about the special mental powers of the new generation in an age when we have to re-norm the SATs. When I see a class of college freshmen who can write a coherent essay, I will be ready to entertain the idea that they have mind powers, and not before.

Strange that we are talking about the special mental powers of the new generation in an age when we have to re-norm the SATs. When I see a class of college freshmen who can write a coherent essay, I will be ready to entertain the idea that they have mind powers, and not before.

This is an excellent point, Boorite - very excellent point. It is amazying that even High Schoolers cannot pass certain tests that were given in Jr. High when I was in school. They have so lowered the standard of education that well - just showing up is doing 'good'. Forget being able to read, write and do math, oh and Critical or Analytical Reasoning Skills - forget that all together.

Yet some how they are 'special' and have 'the answers' for the world, yet they cannot answer the simplest of questions presented to them. They get afraid and run....

Ok - and so what are your 'abilites' to help save/change the world?

Plus - why would you tell people you are this? What sort of "treatment" from others do you expect to get?

My abilities won't help me to change the world. Only telepathy ca helps me and the fact that I can sense when I am lied to. There are so many Indigo Children out there and many es we can communicate through telepathy. Then communication is getting faster and there ll be no lies.

The fact that some rules and laws ae ****ed and we hate it and the "Warrior Spirit" we carry can help us to make changes a many systems like the educational one.

Well you know that many people may hate Indigo Children. I just told I am cause I wanted to see how will you treat me. And of course if there is anyone else who is an Indigo Child so we can share our thoughts :)

Sorry, don't believe you. Good luck.

It's ok and thanks

Are you 'one' because you just want to feel like you are special? There is nothing wrong with that, most people like that feeling.

Why is it important to you what others think about it?

Making claims on the internet is a tough row to hoe....Maybe you are telling the truth, but people just aren't going to believe you without some sort of real, tangible proof.

No, I never felt special. And I never felt better than others. Why should I feel this way? Because I see visions? No. I born with those abilities and they are a standard for me. just like walking or talking. I tought everyone got them and when I found out that it;s not true I was feeling too bad, like "Is it wring that I am like that? Am I ill?" It was not easy for me. And it's not easy bein an Indigo Child because of the way others treat you.

It is important cause we want people to accept us for what we are. We decided to come here and help the earth and it's very sad that we have this treatment from some people.

So how have you used your abilities to influence the world to do good? What hope have you made in others that make them believe you are special?

I am sorry but I think it is nonsense. Everyone has the latent ability but do not use it so does that make everyone an Indigo? Also if there are so many of these Indigos around why is the world not a much better place because of their influence?

Sorry if I come accross as very skeptical but I don't like catagories that make some people better than others. That suggests that there are people who are inferior and that I do not tolerate...

Star

Our abilities s I said, don;t help us to change the world. But our character. Our abilities help us to "survive". No I don't want others to believe that I am "special" I hate this word.

Because you know, many Indigos become too antisocial because of the way others treat them. We do need others people help to change the world. Do you know hw much they will help if they accept us? If they say "Ok go, I 'm here with you, I ll be by your side?" :) That's what we need :)

No, noone's better than someone else. We are all the same. And if some people who talk about indigo children are using the words "special" or "better" or I stuff like that is WRONG, completely wrong.

My abilities won't help me to change the world. Only telepathy ca helps me and the fact that I can sense when I am lied to. There are so many Indigo Children out there and many es we can communicate through telepathy. Then communication is getting faster and there ll be no lies.

The fact that some rules and laws ae ****ed and we hate it and the "Warrior Spirit" we carry can help us to make changes a many systems like the educational one.

Well you know that many people may hate Indigo Children. I just told I am cause I wanted to see how will you treat me. And of course if there is anyone else who is an Indigo Child so we can share our thoughts :)

Well I don't hate you or anyone else - so please make sure you do not label me as such.

I have to honestly ask, has there been any valid independent validation of this so called "telepathy". The reason I ask this is because locally where I live, we did test this w/some confirmed "Indigo" and they did not pass even the simplest of validation of 'telepathy'. What was actually going on was they were pretending and fitting into and agreeing what the other said verbally - as to what they thought. But no - there was no 'telepathy' going on at all. In fact it was debunked rather clearly.

So I would honestly look for independent validation of this so called 'telepathy', from a source that will just validate it, "yes" or "no". It is really easy to do. Before you say I do not believe in Telepathy - yes I do. It has been WELL validated to exist w/twins and they did pass even the simplest of testing with no problem. So if this is real, like the twins, you should be able to validate this w/an independent source.

Hm..In the internet there are some "tests" that gives you the answer "indigo or not". But those tests are nonsence, their questions can be answered "yes" by anyone, so many people believe they are indigos because "the test says that", and they don;t even know what indigo means.

After what you 've experienced with your friend it's ok that you are sceptical for indigos (if I am wrong please correct me). I have met such people.

Now I will answer your question. Yes there has been an independent validation of telepathy. But I experience it as well every day, (more when I communicate with an indigo)

I can give you an example :) I was with my friends in a cafe. And that friend of mine (the indigo one) wasn't drinking her tea. So after an hour I (without think of it) asked this with my mind "Why don't you drink your tea?" and when I finished the question I saw her grabing the glass..

With her there have been many similar experiences :)

Hm..In the internet there are some "tests" that gives you the answer "indigo or not". But those tests are nonsence, their questions can be answered "yes" by anyone, so many people believe they are indigos because "the test says that", and they don;t even know what indigo means.

After what you 've experienced with your friend it's ok that you are sceptical for indigos (if I am wrong please correct me). I have met such people.

Now I will answer your question. Yes there has been an independent validation of telepathy. But I experience it as well every day, (more when I communicate with an indigo)

I can give you an example :) I was with my friends in a cafe. And that friend of mine (the indigo one) wasn't drinking her tea. So after an hour I (without think of it) asked this with my mind "Why don't you drink your tea?" and when I finished the question I saw her grabing the glass..

With her there have been many similar experiences :)

those could have been 'good timing' and yet it does happen. My wife and I have many times in 32 years of marriage done thing that could pass as 'telepathy', but it wasn't. I have many friends were similar things have happened. This is why I asked about independent validated testing. What you have provided, no ofense is "Hear Say" - not valid independent testing. In this testing there would be simple to moderate to complex messages, pictures and such that would be given to the 'sender'. The it would be monitored how the 'receiver' responds and what they do.

See again, locally where I live, similar claims were made. That is why we did the testing to validate the claim. What they claimed they could do, 'telepathy' with each other and like you sighted examples. We even repeated the 'setting' in a few cases and it was found that telepathy was indeed not happening. After the tests it was dialoged to talk about their situations and it was nothing more then familiarity w/the other person well enough that they read body cues and such, nothing more and nothing less. Something anyone that knows another person well enough would 'pick up'.

I want to go on the record that I have no hate for anyone either....

questioning and doubting is NOT hate. To be honest, I don't know enough about the subject to formulate a real opinion of it. But, I do start out with a healthy doubt of the 'abilities'. Being attuned to your friend (and vice versa) is more a case of being comfortable with each other...knowing or 'sensing' body language, mood, etc. I don't think it qualifies as a real 'telephathic' experience (IMO).

What experiences do you have of people 'hating' Indigo children? Or treating them different? Help us ungifted ones know what is right or wrong behavior.

I want to go on the record that I have no hate for anyone either....

questioning and doubting is NOT hate. To be honest, I don't know enough about the subject to formulate a real opinion of it. But, I do start out with a healthy doubt of the 'abilities'. Being attuned to your friend (and vice versa) is more a case of being comfortable with each other...knowing or 'sensing' body language, mood, etc. I don't think it qualifies as a real 'telephathic' experience (IMO).

What experiences do you have of people 'hating' Indigo children? Or treating them different? Help us ungifted ones know what is right or wrong behavior.

Well I cannot speak about the OP, but only those that I have come into contact with. Some actually inflict the 'hate' by their words, actions and such. They come across w/no small ego, talk down to other's because they are "indigo" (speical). About 90% of it is cause and effect - of which they were the cause. They just didn't understand and I believe they honestly didn't understand. It was/is quite sad. They had expected to be treated as 'special' and when they weren't they were offended.

Again this is not directed towards the OP, but only those indigos that I've come in contact with.

I am not an indigo child, but I believe that they exist. I also believe in the existence of the Crystal Children. Some Crystal Children are diagnosed with Autism or Asperger's Syndrome(high-functioning form of autism), and I believe my brother is one of the Crystal Children. Indigo Children are a bit different from Crystal Children, am I not correct? I do not know much about Indigos. If someone would care to enlighten me more on the subject, that would be great!

I believe pigs can fly. Just as much chance of that as indigo children.

Said before. Goofy parents that want to label their children *special*.