Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Oklahoma Cryptids

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Titanic's Deck Swab

• 5,569 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:52 AM

Yes I just came across that recently, and find it quite suspicious I have never heard anything about it, all the time I've lived here, from all my friends and family, for over thirty years, who've been all over the US, including Oklahoma. Just saying...

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor

#32    Wafflepal

Wafflepal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

I've got a story on the oklahoma octopus. ^_^

One day, near a large lake in oklahoma, a boy was going out to far into the water. His mom told him to come back, but he couldn't here her. Suddenly, the boy screamed,, and shouted that something was pulling him under. A life guard came to save him, but it was too late. He was drowned. The culprit was an octopus the size of a horse.

http://animal.discov...lahoma-octopus/

Check this place out for more on that.

Edited by Wafflepal, 01 April 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#33    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

• no, of course i'm not all right. i'm half right. the other half is left.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

View PostWafflepal, on 01 April 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

I've got a story on the oklahoma octopus. ^_^

One day, near a large lake in oklahoma, a boy was going out to far into the water. His mom told him to come back, but he couldn't here her. Suddenly, the boy screamed,, and shouted that something was pulling him under. A life guard came to save him, but it was too late. He was drowned. The culprit was an octopus the size of a horse.

http://animal.discov...lahoma-octopus/

Check this place out for more on that.
how can an octopus live in lakes that are man-made (or any freshwater lakes, for that matter)? and how can native american legends refer to something that lives in lakes that are only about 60 years old? i smell something fishy (hehe)

bigdaddyinge

#34    Drago

Drago

Annoying Skeptic Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

• Bolted doors and windows barred,
    Guard dogs prowling in the yard,
    Won't protect you in your bed,
    Nothing will, from Pumpkinhead.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Yeah.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread, when people talk about the Oklahoma Octopus, they never mention how the lake it's supposed to live in is less than sixty years old, was totally manmade, and as far as I know, isn't connected to any other rivers to allow something in.  :P

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn!

Attention all '2012 is when the world will end' advocates: If, on January 1st 2013, the world has not ended, I will expect a written formal apology from each of you.  That is all.

#35    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

View PostDrago, on 01 April 2010 - 05:47 PM, said:

Yeah.  As I mentioned earlier in the thread, when people talk about the Oklahoma Octopus, they never mention how the lake it's supposed to live in is less than sixty years old, was totally manmade, and as far as I know, isn't connected to any other rivers to allow something in.  :P
oops. didn't read the read of the thread, because i thought it a case of necroposting (the first post was from a long time back). i agree, this whole oklahoma octopus is a very unbelievable story.

bigdaddyinge

#36    Drago

Drago

Annoying Skeptic Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

• Bolted doors and windows barred,
    Guard dogs prowling in the yard,
    Won't protect you in your bed,
    Nothing will, from Pumpkinhead.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

It's less likely than the Loch Ness Monster - and from me, that's saying something.  XD

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn!

Attention all '2012 is when the world will end' advocates: If, on January 1st 2013, the world has not ended, I will expect a written formal apology from each of you.  That is all.

#37    Cascade

Cascade

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

View Postbigdaddyinge, on 01 April 2010 - 05:42 PM, said:

how can an octopus live in lakes that are man-made (or any freshwater lakes, for that matter)? and how can native american legends refer to something that lives in lakes that are only about 60 years old? i smell something fishy (hehe)

Not that I think it's a very believable scenario; but just to put this out there:

Stupid person buys small pet octopus, doesn't like it, releases in the lake. Octopus somehow survives in lake, grows, someone sees a tentacle, panic ensues.

Posted Image

#38    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:27 AM

View PostCascade, on 03 April 2010 - 01:26 AM, said:

Not that I think it's a very believable scenario; but just to put this out there:

Stupid person buys small pet octopus, doesn't like it, releases in the lake. Octopus somehow survives in lake, grows, someone sees a tentacle, panic ensues.
IF an octopus came to live in a lake, then this is a plausible scenario. but octopus cannot survive in freshwater. they even avoid brackish water if possible. i think if one were to be released into a lake, it would be belly-up in a matter of hours. the catch is, there is supposed to be a tie-in to native american legends regarding this oklahoma octopus, but how can this be if the lakes where it's supposedly seen are no older than 60 years old? all of it just doesn't make sense to me.

bigdaddyinge

#39    Eklezys

Eklezys

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:03 AM

View PostPanthera leo atrox, on 26 May 2006 - 03:22 PM, said:

I've read in the newspapers of bigfoot sightings, and I found a reference in a book about strange occurrences in Oklahoma to some sightings of a sort of deer-like Canid.

Now that is interresting... I live in Quebec, Port-Cartier on the north shore to be exact. I've seen an animal that the words "deer-like canid" would describe it at its best. It was like a huge all-white dog with a deer-like head with no antlers. And yes, with the same big black eyes (just like a horse, for a better reference). The best part? One of my friend also seen this "beast". He did describe it perfectly. Another guy says he went to his chalet and saw it too. We can't be sure of what it is really, but we can be sure of what it isn't! Not a bear, not a wolf, not a caribou or deer, not a lynx and certainly not a moose... and it's about the only big mammals that are in our woods!

Edited by Eklezys, 20 August 2010 - 02:04 AM.

#40    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

View PostEklezys, on 20 August 2010 - 02:03 AM, said:

Now that is interresting... I live in Quebec, Port-Cartier on the north shore to be exact. I've seen an animal that the words "deer-like canid" would describe it at its best. It was like a huge all-white dog with a deer-like head with no antlers. And yes, with the same big black eyes (just like a horse, for a better reference). The best part? One of my friend also seen this "beast". He did describe it perfectly. Another guy says he went to his chalet and saw it too. We can't be sure of what it is really, but we can be sure of what it isn't! Not a bear, not a wolf, not a caribou or deer, not a lynx and certainly not a moose... and it's about the only big mammals that are in our woods!
Hi Eklezys, nice post, very interesting story. I like the expression "deer-like canid" although I have a vegetarian version of what the large mammal could be Baboon vs Hyrax, yes, an evolved cousin of the rock hyrax. Here's a classic video of the Dartmoor Beast, which is also reputed to have a strange agile gait The Beast of Dartmoor? (as seen on Fact or Faked)

Attached Files

Edited by Smugfish, 25 August 2010 - 10:05 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#41    fatbadger2

fatbadger2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

• you cant kill the metal, the metal will live on....

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

I have a friend over there in oklahoma, he has told me about this deer like thing before too. Says sightings are relatively common where he's from.

Now don't get me wrong I love what you've done with the place, I just wish we had a chance to help build it, instead of just moving into this home of disrepair and expected to work,prosper and then care - enter shakari-juggernauts

#42    MysteryMike

MysteryMike

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

• Just a average 21 year old guy with a creative mind.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

About the Oklahoma Octopus. We all know Octopuses can squeeze through the smallest things. Maybe it's a species of Octopus that can survive in freshwater and it could have made tunnels connected to the ocean or cracks down in the lake that links to the ocean. Very unlikely though but that's just a theory.

My Youtube Account - http://www.youtube.c...r/Dinospikester

My Deviantart Account - http://mikespikester11.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction.net Account - http://www.fanfictio...2/CrossoverMike

#43    clauzules

clauzules

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

i have gone on several oklahoma investigatione for the nature man in cache oklahoma they all turned up somthing i alson looked for
the oklahoma octopus and found got a thermal that was convinceing so thats it

#44    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Postclauzules, on 25 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

i have gone on several oklahoma investigatione for the nature man in cache oklahoma they all turned up somthing i alson looked for

The "nature man"? Who is he, and how much did he charge for you to tag along on investigations?

A thermal of an octopus? You do know they are coldblooded right? Then again we are talking about a magic octopus so anything is possible.

#45    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postclauzules, on 25 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Do you have a convincing thermal image? Can we see it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users