Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Sockmonster

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 08:48 PM

Wasn't sure where to post this

but i read recently that everyone in the world can be connected in just six links

e.g. X 's aunties friend's postman once worked with a man who knew someone who lived next door to Y

I just fancied doing an experiment to see if it was true - so if anyone wants to see how they are linked to me it would be interesting ( however we are already linked because you will have replied to this post!!!)

The book I read it in was pre-internet so I expect that throws the statistic entirely off course.....

Just to get you all thinking...... tongue.gif                                                  

(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

#2    Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 08:50 PM

I believe it's known as the six degrees of separation.  cool.gif It's certainly an interesting theory.                                                  

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#3    AncientLight

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 09:56 PM

Never heard of it but it sounds interesting                                                    

#4    Kismit

• 7,680 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 12:11 AM

Ooops!! I allways thought it was 7 degrees of separation .

Do you know my sister used to hang out with Prince Charles's personal polo instructors Mother inlaw . True story  mellow.gif                                                  

#5    schadeaux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 02:48 AM

Y'know, Kismit, I do recall that my half stepbrother's cousin's mother's husband's sister inlaw's nephew's dog on his father's side was behind a resturaunt once with Prince Charles' personal polo instructor's mother inlaw's cat!  We are almost siblings, Kismit!

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."

#6    Sidhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 03:28 AM

I have rubbed elbows with a lot of rich and famous people.

They always looked at me real funny when I did that..  blink.gif                                                  

#7    Kismit

• 7,680 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:58 AM

laugh.gif very funny . and really only the cat between us Shadeaux it's bizzare  unsure.gif                                                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users