Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

A New Muslim Plan

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

View Postand then, on 03 April 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

I didn't feel like trying to find the passage from my reference so I googled.  It will be brought forth by Al Mahdi
Al Suyuti wrote, “The reason he will be known as the Mahdi is that he will show the way to a hidden thing. He will bring the Ark (of the Covenant) to light from a place called Antioch.” (Suyuti, al-Hawi li’l Fatawa, II, 82,). See,http://www.harunyahy...f_covenant.html
Related by Sulaiman ibn Isa (radhi Allahu ta’ala anhu): “I was informed that the Ark of the Covenant will emerge from the Tabariyya Sea through the efforts of Imam al-Mahdi. It will be placed before him at the Sacred House (Bayt al-Muqaddas in Jerusalem). When the descendents of Judah (the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham) see this (Ark), all except a few will embrace Islam.” (Ibn Hammad transmitted in al-Fitan (1:360#1050); and Suyuti copied it in al-Hawi li’l Fatawa (II:83).

Sounds good. Thanks!

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#62    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Yet another religious extremist thread,... hoo-ray

Frankly I'm getting sick of it.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#63    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Postacidhead, on 03 April 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Yet another religious extremist thread,... hoo-ray

Frankly I'm getting sick of it.
Last I checked, participation on these forums was voluntary.  But if you follow this particular thread it has had almost NO vitriol or arguments.  It started with the premise of rapprochement.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#64    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,402 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

I do think that if humanity becomes extinct at some point in the future, it will be beause of Islam.  I'm not predicting that -- most Muslims would strongly object to launching a suicidal bacteriological or chemical or nuclear offensive -- but there are enough Muslims who would rather see that happen than have Islam never rule.

#65    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 03 April 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

I do think that if humanity becomes extinct at some point in the future, it will be beause of Islam.  I'm not predicting that -- most Muslims would strongly object to launching a suicidal bacteriological or chemical or nuclear offensive -- but there are enough Muslims who would rather see that happen than have Islam never rule.
This is a succinct view that I share.  I realize that out of nearly 2 billion Muslims worldwide the number who are extreme in their hatred is limited to the tens of millions.  I also believe their hatred is being used for political purposes that they may not necessarily agree with.  But with the weapons at their disposal in the 21st century it is a catastrophe we'll be facing soon.

#66    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postand then, on 03 April 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

I didn't feel like trying to find the passage from my reference so I googled.  It will be brought forth by Al Mahdi
Al Suyuti wrote, “The reason he will be known as the Mahdi is that he will show the way to a hidden thing. He will bring the Ark (of the Covenant) to light from a place called Antioch.” (Suyuti, al-Hawi li’l Fatawa, II, 82,). See,http://www.harunyahy...f_covenant.html
Related by Sulaiman ibn Isa (radhi Allahu ta’ala anhu): “I was informed that the Ark of the Covenant will emerge from the Tabariyya Sea through the efforts of Imam al-Mahdi. It will be placed before him at the Sacred House (Bayt al-Muqaddas in Jerusalem). When the descendents of Judah (the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham) see this (Ark), all except a few will embrace Islam.” (Ibn Hammad transmitted in al-Fitan (1:360#1050); and Suyuti copied it in al-Hawi li’l Fatawa (II:83).

As i expected, i was told the Hadeeth was unauthentic. Moreover, i was told this is mainly embraced by Shiites (Muslim sect) that Sunnis (Muslim sect) believe they're not Muslims (lol)

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#67    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Postgoodconversations, on 05 April 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

As i expected, i was told the Hadeeth was unauthentic. Moreover, i was told this is mainly embraced by Shiites (Muslim sect) that Sunnis (Muslim sect) believe they're not Muslims (lol)
I also have noticed that when an inconvenient point is made quoting a hadith it is refuted in this way regularly.

#68    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,402 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Sunni Muslims count Shiites as Muslim when it is convenient and don't when it isn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users