Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian PM announces end of the world

xCrimsonx

Julia Gillard has recorded a tongue-in-cheek video address to the nation warning the world is about to come to an apocalyptic end, as predicted in the Mayan calendar.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2012/12/06/09/56/gillard-records-mock-apocalypse-message

In the 55-second spoof clip, recorded for Triple J radio, Ms Gillard addresses her "remaining fellow Australians" warning of zombies, hell beasts and a K-pop armageddon.

With an emotionless delivery, the prime minister says the end of the world is coming not because of Y2K, or even the carbon tax, but "it turns out the Mayan calendar was true".

"Whether the final blow comes from flesh-eating zombies, demonic hell beasts or from the total triumph of K-pop, if you know one thing about me it is this: I will always fight for you until the very end,” Ms Gillard says.

"And at least this means I won't have to do Q&A again."

Yep.,. This is what we have to deal with!

I thought we were already living in the aftermath of the red headed apocalypse. O.o

Bring on the March elections.

Meme quote Obama, "Think I'm doing a bad job, what about the red head in Australia". XD lol

• Like 2

Julia Gillard has recorded a tongue-in-cheek video address to the nation warning the world is about to come to an apocalyptic end, as predicted in the Mayan calendar.

http://news.ninemsn....calypse-message

In the 55-second spoof clip, recorded for Triple J radio, Ms Gillard addresses her "remaining fellow Australians" warning of zombies, hell beasts and a K-pop armageddon.

With an emotionless delivery, the prime minister says the end of the world is coming not because of Y2K, or even the carbon tax, but "it turns out the Mayan calendar was true".

"Whether the final blow comes from flesh-eating zombies, demonic hell beasts or from the total triumph of K-pop, if you know one thing about me it is this: I will always fight for you until the very end," Ms Gillard says.

"And at least this means I won't have to do Q&A again."

Yep.,. This is what we have to deal with!

I thought we were already living in the aftermath of the red headed apocalypse. O.o

Bring on the March elections.

Meme quote Obama, "Think I'm doing a bad job, what about the red head in Australia". XD lol

Am I the only one who is embarresed to have the *Snip* running the country ?

TiP.

Edited by Karlis
crude comment deleted
  • Like 2

Am I the only one who is embarresed to have *Snip* running the country ?

TiP.

I bet if they placed the concern in the next census they would get 100% on the surveys!

Edited by Karlis
  • Like 1

I bet if they placed the concern in the next census they would get 100% on the surveys!

Lets hope she doesn't survive till the next cencus , politically that is !

Do you rate Tony ?

TiP.

• Like 1

Lets hope she doesn't survive till the next cencus , politically that is !

Do you rate Tony ?

TiP.

To me Tony is the Romney equivalent, honestly his misses wears the pants so I think she should run for PM instead! XD

• Like 1

To me Tony is the Romney equivalent, honestly his misses wears the pants so I think she should run for PM instead! XD

Yeah we don't really have a good pool to select from , now if Russel Crowe was to run for Parliment , then I could get a bit more excited , at least he would have some balls !

TiP.

• Like 1

Vote One Angry Anderson! XD Big things come in small packages!

• Like 1

Vote One Angry Anderson! XD Big things come in small packages!

I met him once a few years ago , really nice guy , would be happy to vote for him also !

TiP

• Like 1

So a politician with a sense of humour and an ability to laugh at themselves is something to be embarassed about? Would you prefer so soulless grey suit wearing professional politicians (i.e. someone with no knowledge or experience in anything outside the Political industry)?

• Like 4

Honestly, I thought she was a good sport for doing that spot but that's just me :innocent: . Nobody is ALL bad, seriously.

• Like 4

I'm not sure this is going to work out well... I recall that Orson Well's "War Of The Worlds" Broadcast was done "tongue in cheek" and look at the mayhem it caused...

I seriously don't think that a sizable chunk of any nations population can tell the differnce between "This is a joke" and "This is the truth"...

About the lady's politics I have no clue (don't really keep up with things like that) - but she seems to have a sense of humor...

• Like 2

I just thought it was funny - kind of reminds me about that Saturday morning radio address by Ronald Reagan: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

:w00t:The Libs nearly had a STROKE :w00t:

Edited by and then

I just thought it was funny - kind of reminds me about that Saturday morning radio address by Ronald Reagan: "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

yes, that's just what I was thinking.

That's always been the funniest thing I've ever read a American president say.

What is it about the Aussies and totally inappropriate "jokes" this week?

On the bright side, at least Julia didn't try to call Kate

• Like 7

LOL --- there are certain factions laughing at this whole thing, the in joke and the out joke, which are you ? - wake up people!

• Like 3

da503d1ca1.gif

LOL!....She pulled that off with a completely straight face! I'm impressed...pretty funny lady if you ask me.

• Like 2

LOL --- there are certain factions laughing at this whole thing, the in joke and the out joke, which are you ? - wake up people!

...probably an 'outie'.

Edited by Likely Guy

LOL! Gillard knows how to play the signal of distress. We all need a sense of humor and December 2012 is the best time to crack some jokes on the "end times". The only thing is ending is 2012, not the world. Enjoy the new age this holiday season...and keep listening to K-pop. :santa: "WOOP THEM HOLIDAY STYLE."

this is mentioned in World Knews as well; --> http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=238784&pid=4567632&st=0entry4567632

LOL!....She pulled that off with a completely straight face! I'm impressed...pretty funny lady if you ask me.
indeed; what amuses me is the number of people who seem to be outraged that Political figures might perhaps have a human side, and a sense of humour.
  • Like 2

*Snip*

im general? I may have to agree.

For this though? No this is cool.

Edited by Karlis
  • Like 1

I hate Julia, but she gets a point for this gag. Very Australian, that's what makes us so frigging great!

• Like 1

I agree it was pretty funny... But what is K-Pop (seriously, I have never heard of it/them/him/her/whatever)... Is it an "Aussie" thing?

EDIT: Never mind... I looked it up... I would rather have a zombie apocalypse...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 2