Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

obscure hobbies

tendo

this thread is to discuss those little quark hobbies we know we all have, but may not like to admit it... mine is vampirism...i admit that i like them, but, i really wanna get fangs implanted...i wont, but i want to. also im a closet nick jr. watcher...i just cant help but like some of those kiddie shows...

ok, your turn, dont be shy

every now and then i write up reviews for things. they'e pretty good, pretty funny, and they're one of the few things i can write and not think it sucks. i'll review pretty much anything, i get THAT bored ohmy.gif

that's really the strangest thing i can think of...other than collecting old weapons devil.gif

Speaking of that, when do we get to see Movie Monsters #2?

Edited by Falco Rex

this thread is to discuss those little quark hobbies we know we all have, but may not like to admit it... mine is vampirism...i admit that i like them, but, i really wanna get fangs implanted

That sounds more like a fetish.

And what does quark mean? huh.gif

And what does quark mean? huh.gif

I think he means quirk. laugh.gif

A quark is a particle. wink2.gif

Edited by Kellalor

I think he means quirk.

A quark is a particle

haha, yeah, thats my dorky physicist side showing...

sorry

Speaking of that, when do we get to see Movie Monsters #2?

heheheh, good question. also good to know that there is a demand cool.gif

I think my most obscure Obsession has to be watching absolutely boring documenteries over and over and over...well then there is also the hobby of Playing a little game called "would you do her?" Basically walking around public and looking at women and asking that question to myself...I have gotten some...erm...interesting answers..... tongue.gif

Then there is imagining I am the lord of chaos, or king of the seaotters......But then I have my more normal hobbies like D&D or obsessively playing Decpetion 2 trying to get a true perfect game...............yes quite healthy hobbies........

new movie monsters post up about one of my most hated movies. my 2nd most despised excuse of a film, "Carnivore."

the "rocket launcher" game. Me and my brother play it on Halo, it's fun, basically you throw grenades and fire rocket launchers at your feet and see how high you go when they explode, I got all the way to the top of the level once.

And poking daddy, thats fun happy.gif

I like shoujo-ai blush.gif

wha? the blush makes me wonder if i even want to know...

wha? the blush makes me wonder if i even want to know...

Its a sub-culture of anime fandom grin2.gif

I collect action figures, but that's hardly obscure.

Annoyingly.

Edited by Cufflink

I collect action figs too, but only if they are from animes I like (right now I'm desperate for an Asuka Langley to stand with my Rei Ayanami... oh oh No, I want a Misao Amano (from Pretty Sammy/Magical Project S) model!! bounce.gif ), Res Evil or Final Fantasy 7 & 8.

I really, really like spinning around, as fast as I can, until I make myself sick. Then I run fast as I can, face first into walls. It's clean family fun.

I also collect Pez dispensers.

i customize action figures to look like comic characters, people i know ,or movie stars alien.gif

one of my obsessions...which im quite ashamed of is...*deep breath in* watching documentaries...(i see one of u can empathize tongue.gif) this is getting worse...b4, i was only a casual watcher, i just watched the nature ones, then, i started to become more serious, and actually watch to learn, and the nature ones werent always on so id go to discovery health and watch the ones about physiology, then, i started to abuse it, (ex. telling others of what i learned on the programs, and sometimes being surprised that others did not know this) and now, i am a full blown addict...i know this, because i just downloaded part of a NOVA docu. on string theory off of their website...among my friends i am somewhat known as a 'freakin genius' and these docu's are the true secret behind it all... and after watching all of these shows, and reading a brief history of time (cant wait til i get universe in a nutshell [im a total nerd...)) this is a face i see from ppl i talk to, quite often... eek7.gif

whats wrong with documentries it's better than watching friends reruns

Documentaries rock and they are much better than reality TV

documentaries - various . Yes , they must be watched .

I climb redwood trees by nailing into them in the spots between the bark ( redwoods have extremely thick bark and you need to be carefull you dont nail into more bark then you do tree . ) with extra large nails then using the nails as a ladder nailing them in as I climb . Not easy , but few view's of the world are better then the top of a 130 ft redwood ! Especially at night . Its also not too hard once you get up to 25 ft or so because then you can just climb the branches as they are high up .

As far as I know , nobody else even attempts that .

for you who live outside of where redwoods grow , here is a pic .

user posted image

• Like 1

hmm...that is by far the most obscure, yet niftiest hobby on here lol...red woods...WHO KNEW?!

I used to have two redwoods (though one branched off into the equivilant of two trees. . .thus being three. . .) in my front yard. My friend liked to climb them and them jump onto his roof. . . . anyway. . . .

I too have a thing for vampires. I can't wait until I can get a good set of fangs. I don't think I'll have them made permanent, but custom ones would be good (as opposed to the weird ones you get at Hot Topic. . .) And no, it's not really a fetish. . . though I don't know how to describe it. . . .

I write obsessively because I don't like anything that I read. Since I can't find a good book to read, I write one. Does that count?

Pill bug races ?

Moe once had a pillbug. His name was Harry. Harry won many pill bug races. We had much fame and fortune. Then one fatefull day ( i think it was a tuesday) Moe accidently squashed poor Harry and his Lil wife Esther. They had been celebrating one of his victories in my left shoe. They must have gotten drunk and passed out there instead of returning to theri little pill bug hole.

Poor Harry. A master Pill Bug racer, reduced to nothing but a smear on my sock.

For you Harry :

user posted image

Edited by moe eubleck
  • Like 1