Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Walking Dead Season 3

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hi Simbi Laveau,

Although off the topic, the film i'm really waiting for is about the Enfield Poltergeist, link below:-

http://www.express.c...e-house-of-fear

This was in Green Street, Enfield Highway, and i grew up in this area of the suburbs of London:-

http://en.wikipedia....Enfield_Highway

I was very lucky in 1977, as i was able to join the London Ghost Club, any can join now, but then it was more difficult:-

http://www.ghostclub.org.uk/

So i knew Maurice Grosse, and although i was a green investigating member back then, because i lived in the area, i did get limited access to this fascinating case, i was a witness to the 11 year olds strange gruff voice and did see objects move!

http://en.wikipedia..../Maurice_Grosse

I think i've always been weird, and until i was disabled i was a member of The College of Psychic Studies, however my membership of the Ghost Club expired years ago.

http://www.collegeof...cstudies.co.uk/

I'm always researching something even now.    I remember you saying that you had read a book on hauntings of U.S. Presidents, i hope you like some research i did a few years ago about Lincoln's assassination, 2 pages change at bottom of link:-

http://www.mauricefe....php?f=2&t=2094

The body doesn't work right now, but i keep my mind active ha ha!    Warm Regards.

#17    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

I can't wait for the new season to start, it's my favourite show on tv :gun:

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#18    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

All new characters too.
Teasers . Premieres Oct 14

I don't know... I have started to lose faith in that show - this last season was so bumpy that I have to consider it a general failure. I mean, it had it's good points once it got going, but it felt like it was taking 6 episodes to tell 4 episodes worth of story on a consistent basis... So I am not quite as excited about season 3 as I was before season 2...

#19    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

So it's too slow for you? Too many dialogues? Not enough zombie attacks?

I have to say I like how slowly the story is unfolding. Especially while they were hiding on the farm. It almost gave me cabin fever.

#20    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

I dont really follow any series on television but this one.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#21    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 19 September 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

I dont really follow any series on television but this one.

Which AB ,nothing showing .

Miss me?

#22    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 14 September 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

So it's too slow for you? Too many dialogues? Not enough zombie attacks?

I have to say I like how slowly the story is unfolding. Especially while they were hiding on the farm. It almost gave me cabin fever.

It's not that it is slow - I get that they were building characters and their motivations for much of season 2. It just seemed to me that the show was taking the long way around to do that is all - like I said, it seemed that at some points it would have 4 episodes worth of story stretched out over 6 or 7 episodes.

I don't mind slow storytelling if it is slow for a reason. What I start to mind is when a story is slow because it can't seem to think of anywhere to go... I don't like what feels like treading water in other words. Because, let's be entirely blunt here : The shows strength is not in it's dialog. This show is not at it's strongest when it is a bunch of people standing around and talking... I forget the episode, but I decided to play a "Spot the cliched dialog" game and came up with a count in the double digits.

Plus, there is an almost inexpressible something missing in much of this last season... The first season was really rocky and uneven, but it did seem to have a point of view to it that served as a unifying force behind it. This season felt like it was reaching for that same thing but just working too hard to get to it...

#23    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostWookietim, on 19 September 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

It's not that it is slow - I get that they were building characters and their motivations for much of season 2. It just seemed to me that the show was taking the long way around to do that is all - like I said, it seemed that at some points it would have 4 episodes worth of story stretched out over 6 or 7 episodes.

I don't mind slow storytelling if it is slow for a reason. What I start to mind is when a story is slow because it can't seem to think of anywhere to go... I don't like what feels like treading water in other words. Because, let's be entirely blunt here : The shows strength is not in it's dialog. This show is not at it's strongest when it is a bunch of people standing around and talking... I forget the episode, but I decided to play a "Spot the cliched dialog" game and came up with a count in the double digits.

Plus, there is an almost inexpressible something missing in much of this last season... The first season was really rocky and uneven, but it did seem to have a point of view to it that served as a unifying force behind it. This season felt like it was reaching for that same thing but just working too hard to get to it...

I think there were 2 reasons for this. One was that before the second season they fired Frank Darabont and I think he helped add that little bit of x factor to the first season. But the main thing that I think hindered the 2nd season was the budget. Amc owns the show so they could do whatever they wanted so They reduced the shows budget from 3.4 mil to 2.7 mil and then said oh btw we want 13 episodes not 6. They also decided to keep the 30 percent tax credit for amc and not allow the show to use it to make up the shortfall. All this to make the producers of Mad Men happy. Even with all that I still think that the Walking dead fielded a pretty decent season under the circumstances.

Hopefully AMC gets it's head out of its **** and gets back on the wagon cause I think The walking dead is one of the best series in quite sometime and it has the unique ability to bring in viewers that would not normally watch a "zombie" show. I know lots of people that would never think about watching anything with zombies in it that watch this show and love it. So I am excited for the 3rd season only 3 more weeks.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#24    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostGrey14, on 19 September 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

I think there were 2 reasons for this. One was that before the second season they fired Frank Darabont and I think he helped add that little bit of x factor to the first season. But the main thing that I think hindered the 2nd season was the budget. Amc owns the show so they could do whatever they wanted so They reduced the shows budget from 3.4 mil to 2.7 mil and then said oh btw we want 13 episodes not 6. They also decided to keep the 30 percent tax credit for amc and not allow the show to use it to make up the shortfall. All this to make the producers of Mad Men happy. Even with all that I still think that the Walking dead fielded a pretty decent season under the circumstances.

Hopefully AMC gets it's head out of its **** and gets back on the wagon cause I think The walking dead is one of the best series in quite sometime and it has the unique ability to bring in viewers that would not normally watch a "zombie" show. I know lots of people that would never think about watching anything with zombies in it that watch this show and love it. So I am excited for the 3rd season only 3 more weeks.

You probably hit the nail on the head, especially with the loss of Darabont. Darabont is a somewhat shaky director but overall he almost always has a good sense of how to use a camera in a story like this. The new people involved don't quite have that down yet.

I will say that they show, once it got going this season, seemed to be good. My only abjection was that it took so long to get going... But at the same time it was trying to really flesh out the characters (Which other shows might have been able to do in the first season, except this one was dealing with the dual pressure of a truncated first season and getting the hang of a longer second season). Perhaps season 3 will be more smooth in that respect.

#25    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,152 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Posttheend, on 11 September 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

what does tia mean? is it something to do with computnerd games?
It probably means you're not getting enough CELERY!

I have only watched season one so far. Waiting for season 2 on Netflix that way I don't have to sit through commercials and junk. I loved season one, one of the best series that I've seen in a while.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#26    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Teaser trailer !

http://news.yahoo.co...-140503948.html

Miss me?

#27    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 22 September 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

That 4 minute trailer literally gave me the chills and raised my anticipation ten times. :tu:

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#28    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,918 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Can't watch the trailer "from my current location" bah.  We are getting season 3 30 hrs after the USA what possible reason can there be to deny us the trailer???

Bleeding bureaucrats :cry: <_<

Never mind, all good - saw it on you-tube lol.

Edited by libstaK, 22 September 2012 - 02:32 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#29    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 22 September 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

Can't watch the trailer "from my current location" bah.  We are getting season 3 30 hrs after the USA what possible reason can there be to deny us the trailer???

Bleeding bureaucrats :cry: <_<

Never mind, all good -Asaw it on you-tube lol.
:):):)

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users