Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Advice on POSSIBLE paranormal experience.

jaytrhe

I am not sure if all of these things i will soon be discussing are merely coincidence or not but i am open to any advice on the matters. After viewing a photo of mine i had posted on a social networking site, I was enticed to look back on all the "paranormal" experiences i have had/did not have since i was a child. So i will start by explaining the photo (i will also attach it to this post). It is a photo taking of me using a digital camera i have and in the mirror appears to be a figure (not sure if it is merely a smudge of oil or not) with a wing or wings and two eyes possibly a beak as well (but also considering my art background and vivid memory recall and imagination, its easy for me to see figures and extra details in normal items that others cannot). After looking at the photo i showed some friends and they didn't know what to think. So lets get started on the background. When i was younger the first thing even remotely connected to anything paranormal that i can remember was when i was 8 and had moved into a new house with my family. Upon the first day of moving in we were going to the stairs to take a look upstairs and i had seen a shadowy type figure flash right up the stairs (it was about the size of a football or basketball and was a few feet above the ground). It appeared to just quickly zoom by and there were no background lights causing (like a car passing) this to happen as the only window was roughly 15 feet above and had a nearby light source that would not allow a shadow to be broadcast from external lights. Plus the shadow would be behind us and not below the window where it was. Ok after that there was an instance when i was walking down the stairs in the house (same age) and i had seen a figure of a small child (someone my age) run by the stairs into the living room. I thought it was my sister so i told her to stop playing but when i went into the living room no one was there. A few years later after moving into another house, things started happening. This time i am around 11. The television in the ling room and in my mothers bedroom would turn off all of a sudden or the volume would turn up and down and channels would change. This could possibly be electrical problems so i am not ruling it out. A few years after that i am in a new home again this time the instances occurred around ages 14-20. When going out to the movies with my friends the sinks (infrared) on the far end of the men's restroom would turn on. I thought this could be a mere electrical problem again. This would usually happen with no one around. It happened on many occasions and not always at the same theater or building (yes possibly electrical again). Once my friend had seen it happen and said "probably coincidence". Another incident that happened was when a few friends were over my house they had seen some orange ball of light in the hall. I didn't see anything because i wasn't looking that way but they swore by what they had seen. Another one that had occurred was a time that i had seen a shadow in the form of a sphere on the wall in that same house. I went in the room that had its light on and moved my hand around and tried to see if anything i did would affect the shadow but nothing did. Besides the previous mentioned incidents. When i was younger i usually was able to finish others sentences or tell what they were thinking and know what they were going to ask me before they did. Sometimes i would hear a song in my head (thinking about a song) and it would play on the radio immediately (within 15 seconds). Usually when someone was feeling sad i could tell (could be due to body language even though some showed no sings of sadness) and would ask them whats wrong, they would usually say nothing until i asked again and finally got them to tell me. Also some times when faced with a question (like say im playing poker and i ask myself what two cards am i about to get delt or what is this persons favorite number , color etc etc) i could hear the answer be "whispered" in the back of my head. Probably just really good guessing but when it came to asking a persons favorite "whatever" i was correct almost 100% of the time. Besides all of those things previously mentioned, my grandmother had said her mother was watching over her and would sometimes turn on the light when she wasn't home (shes pretty young and no where near the age older people start to suffer the effects of mental decline). I don't know if that has anything to do with the sitch but i am listing it for background purposes. There have also been times when i was in situations where one could have died (like almost getting ran over by a van speeding past the red light. I was frozen at first but all of a sudden took one step back and it barely missed me.) And once when i was driving and the gas pedal moved below my foot by itself, and as i looked to the side of me there was a car that was speeding out of the driveway and would have ran into me if that didn't happen. One more thing i forgot, the only type of bad dream i have had related to this kind of thing was when i was 18 or 19 and there was a demon or something i was afraid of in the dream that was in the house and wanted me for some reason, i went outside in the dream and the sky was dark and the clouds swirled in a circle, i went back in the house in the dream and tried to say the holy name of god Yahweh but i couldn't say anything. When i woke up i was scared shirtless and that was pretty much any time i ever had a dream/nightmare that frightening. Now I do have a clean bill of health, blood pressure is normal, no mental disorders, i do not take any drugs (besides the caffeine in coffee, nicotine in cigarettes and sugar) not even things like Tylenol, i had a therapist in the past (not by choice, only because i was a shy and quiet kid in elementary and my parent thought there was something wrong) and they had noted that i seemed fine and my mental "acuity" and health was stable. No depression, anxiety, anger or hearing voices of any kind etc. etc. The worst thing i have affecting my health is asthma. Now i am open to any suggestions on what this could be, even if it is all total bs and coincidence and me just connecting the dots to explain something that could be completely random. I do not believe in ghosts, spirits, or anything for that matter until i actually see for myself but still i remain open minded. I am not religious (have gone to church, and was a Jehovah witness most of my life) but i do believe in a higher "power" . I have felt in the past tho that there was something keeping spirits, ghosts, etc away from me or even driving them off wherever i went. Just a random thought due to the fact that everyone else around me was or had said they had seen something definitive but i had not. Now here is the picture below (the focal point is the mirror i guess) or attached and thanks for taking the time to read and/or post. post-142043-0-32988100-1378369493_thumb.

Edited by jaytrhe

Welcome to UM.. First of all, I do have to say I didn't mind reading your story at all.

My suggestion is next time space it out a little bit. :)

My other suggestion is not to smoke when you have asthma.

As for your dreams, our consciousnesses are very interesting things...

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of anything.

I like to believe there are set rules for our Universe, but I always have the feeling there's a bit more we don't understand.

As for your picture, it doesn't look too much like a smudge; I'm not sure what it is, frankly..

I can tell you that it gives me the creeps; I have a picture of me when I was 14, right around the time I joined this site, where there's a face in the reflection of the window.. I had seen that face several times, and to see it in the photograph made my hair raise on the back of my neck. I can understand where you're coming from, and I'm sure you want some answers.. I can't tell you what's going on. You have an interesting story, though.

I joined this forum as a believer of ghosts, but I'm a little more skeptical than I once was..

Do I rule it out? No, no one knows what happens after death.. I think reality is very strange; even the unknown parts.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 1

welcome to um,

nice story.

the photo looks like your mirror is dirty for I see streak marks or dust on it

• Like 1

I agree with the others.

Get a basis for comparison and you can rule it out. :)

• Like 2