Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 13 Crystal Skulls

Kwikfox

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I would like to ask all of you, do you think the 13 mythical skulls (or 12, if you consider one of them to be an ethereal skull) are real, if so how were they made, and what was their purpose. There have been hundreds of alleged crystal skulls being "found", however only nine of them passes the test of being authentic.

According to ancient myths of South American tribes, (Ex. Aztec and Mayan) there are only 13 skulls within the world. The real skulls that have been found and studied have very interesting characteristics. First off, they have been created with little to no imperfections with ancient tools. Scientist say these skulls would have taken generations to construct. Also, the skulls are created by being cut against the axis of the crystal, which even today we cannot do with out shattering or at least cracking the crystal. Even lasers will break the crystal when cut against the axis. Also, experiments have been done with these skulls and show that the skulls have the ability to contain information, and highly likely that they have information of some sort stored, possibly even optical information, like some computer hard drives, which are read with special lasers.

So what do you guys think of this? Could this be real, or is it all fake? If you think its fake, please tell me how they can cut the crystal against the axis and with so much perfection out of material that is almost as hard as diamond. I would like to hear your guys' thoughts on it, whether its negative or positive I would like to hear.

-Kwikfox

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• The Roswell Man

• sanchera1978

• DJ_Quinn

Has anybody brought the nine that have been found together. It would be good to know, though i wouldn't want to be within 3000 km of them if they were brought together.

theres a lot of misconceptions in your post i expect you got most of them from a book somewhere that was written to make money rather than to reveal any truth.

the skulls are quartz rock crystal which is nowhere near as hard as diamond.

When they say that the ancients didn't have tools to do the job we mean that we don't know what tools they used to do the job. As far as i recall none of the skulls were cut rather they were sanded down.

you also need to remember that at the end of the day the origin of these skulls is completely unknown and in most cases the aztec tag they are labelled with is because museums don't like to put exhibits out that they know nothing about.

I'd heard the rumoyrs that they might be some kind of optical hard drive. There's no evidence for that and we couldn't construct a system that works like that using large lumps of impure rock crystal. Most of the skulls are not unblemished, nor are they cut against the grain

Actually the clear skulls are made of pure quartz. Any impurity and the skull would be coloured due to the silicon dioxide molecules in its structure being replaced by other molecules like iron or aluminum. So the clear skulls could stilll be optical hard drives. tongue.gif

user posted image

doesn't look very flawless to me ?

Don't look very colourless either do they.

I see you read that book too huh

lol

thumbsup.gif

Edited by marduk

the pure white quartz where made by mayans i think using very accurate precision.

You mean the mitchell hedges skull

Remember that after it had been revealed that mitchell hedges bought it at an english auction house, his daughter piped up and said that it was in fact her and not her father that had found it in the jungle.

She owned the skull. can you think of a motive why she would say that.

the word depreciation is relevant here.

It's the most pure of any of them true. It is also unlike any of the ones that have been verified as mesoamerican.

It doesn't fit the pattern.

and no that doesn't mean that aliens made it

rule 1... never trust anyone with an american state as a middle name

rule 2... never trust anyone named after a biblical character

rule 3.... never trust anyone who's surname makes you think of somebody else

also he mentions the master carver from Idar-Oberstein

"This is a uniquely carved crystal skull done by a Master Carver from Idar-Oberstein, Germany. Many people seek the assistance of the carvers of Idar-Oberstein to do special stone pieces for them. The reason why these carvers are in such high demand is because they are able to reproduce to such a degree of accuracy the piece they make, which are done in a variety of different gemstones.These artisans specialize in reproducing known objects or cameos (of animals, plants or even people including styles of work done by former ancient cultures in the world such as Roman or Greek). The carvers of Idar-Oberstein have been active since the 16th century and in order to become a carver, they must go through many years of training and apprenticeship.

The carver of this specific crystal skull is a member of this elite group of carvers. He is actively sought out by people from all over the world to create special stone pieces on their behalf. He is a master of making cameos and three dimensional based objects."

then completely neglects to mention his name

If i was the carver I'd be furious, wouldn't you

unless of course i am an industrial rock mineral factory built next to the largest quartz crystal deposit in germany. At Idar-Oberstein

$10,000 for that from him or I can get it on e bay for $50

*starts ordering from ebay*

567334[/snapback]

I bet outside the factory theres a shop where they sell them wholesale.

This is like the religious antiquities fraud

that guy selling the genuine fingernail of christ then someone discovered they were available in boxes of ten

Well Mitchell hedges bought his in 1943 for £400

and they don't appreciate much in value

give ya a tenner for it guv. w00t.gif

maybe they are sum still hidden in the jungle?

if i find sum, i'll splt 50:50 and get del boy to flog it. thumbsup.gifwink2.gifhappy.gif

Luvvly jubbly

w00t.gif

Trotters Independant Traders

Paris, New York, Peckham, Teohuatican

nah

T*T always loved those initials... laugh.gifgrin2.gifw00t.gif

when i heard sumwhere that the mayans made one,

i wuld have thought grinding and polishing for years will

be back breakin work methinks... no work breaks sleepy.gif

Besides once you start to think about the hard drive idea it falls flat.

Just imagine a hard drive thats 5000 years old and hasn't been well looked after.

The more advanced than us they were the less chance it would work. The more advanced technology gets the more things there are that go wrong. Ask bill gates that one.

Technology isn't everything

Some people say coming down from the trees was a bad idea.

I think we should have stayed in the oceans

I read somewhere that a few of them are cut against the axis, but cutting them against the axis is more difficult, not impossible. I've also seen speculation that they are a lot younger than they are claimed. (Manufactured within the last 150 years, perhaps.) Also, there are a lot more than thirteen.

There's a bit online somewhere where a guy claims he is "decoding" them by taking a computer image of a small part of one, reversing it and then putting the reversed image next to the original. He gets some very pretty pictures, but in my opinion that's all he gets.

A few of the skulls have hinged jaws, which suggest they were used to deliver mystical messages in ancient religious rituals. I know there are a few places in the world where they've found temples that have special auditory properties (I mean, the priest can speak from a hidden chamber and his voice will resonate around the main chamber). Perhaps the skulls are connected with that. Maybe.

Is there any reliable evidence, does anyone know, to show that *any* of these skulls have been found during the course of an actual archaeological dig?

Not bad theory.. Kind of like what christians say, if you dont do this, you goto hell.. Just for them they would have a hindged jaw, and make it look like the skull was speaking.. You do this, or the skull will punish you.. Ventrulaquist (spelling)

Is there any reliable evidence, does anyone know, to show that *any* of these skulls have been found during the course of an actual archaeological dig?

568122[/snapback]

Oddly enough, I don't think there is hmm.gif

theres only the story of the mitchell hedges daughter who claimed to have personally found the skull at an archaeological dig. A story she neglected to mention until someobody discovered that mitchell hedges has purchased it at a london auction house.

see the price go down

see the price go up

w00t.gif

did they use gool ol' carbon dating to check the age of these skulls at 1000 years +?