Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Do We Care Now?

LucidElement

Its funny to think about this, i was sitting here thinking about all these great ancient mysteries througout time that have been built in the Ancient World, such as Easter Island, Nazca Lines, the Pyramids, The Wonders of the World and so on.

Its funny to think about it but back in the day im sure those civilizations never gave much thought to the future having to research everything about the structures and how they did it, im sure they would be thrilled to now that we couldnt even figure our their ways.

What i was really thinking about is this... Its almost like our time know, we build these huge structures by hand and machines, the new technology, its like nothing is interesting anymore cause we keep doing it, did you ever stop to think that the ancient civilizations, thought the same thing, like oh another pyramid we just finished blah blah, or something of that sort? its like maybe if the world is still here and it dosent end soon, maybe 1,000 years from know we will be a mystery on how we built things with the technology we have.. by then it will be crappy, because technology is rising at a huge increase, does everyone know what im saying, where im comming from?

Its almost like we were the ancient cilizations then, doing the same thing as we are now... {*** I Hope I Explained It Right***}

Edited by LucidElement

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• LucidElement

• The Roswell Man

• Purplos

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny to think about this, i was sitting here thinking about all these great ancient mysteries througout time that have been built in the Ancient World, such as Easter Island, Nazca Lines, the Pyramids, The Wonders of the World and so on.

Its funny to think about it but back in the day im sure those civilizations never gave much thought to the future having to research everything about the structures and how they did it, im sure they would be thrilled to now that we couldnt even figure our their ways.

What i was really thinking about is this... Its almost like our time know, we build these huge structures by hand and machines, the new technology, its like nothing is interesting anymore cause we keep doing it, did you ever stop to think that the ancient civilizations, thought the same thing, like oh another pyramid we just finished blah blah, or something of that sort? its like maybe if the world is still here and it dosent end soon, maybe 1,000 years from know we will be a mystery on how we built things with the technology we have.. by then it will be crappy, because technology is rising at a huge increase, does everyone know what im saying, where im comming from?

Its almost like we were the ancient cilizations then, doing the same thing as we are now...  {*** I Hope I Explained It Right***}

604056[/snapback]

You're trying to say

"nothing ever changes"

and

"life goes on"

i recommend you sign up for philosophy 101, you'll love it

hehehe w00t.gif

I see what your saying. The difference being, we have thousands of skyscrapers and more going up every day. There is only 1 Easter Island, only several (couple dozen?) pyramids. And they MEANT something, and took a LOT more work to make than our skyscrapers do. Meaning and effort probably made them more worthwhile than just another highrise apartment building.

I see what your saying.  The difference being, we have thousands of skyscrapers and more going up every day.  There is only 1 Easter Island, only several (couple dozen?) pyramids.  And they MEANT something, and took a LOT more work to make than our skyscrapers do.  Meaning and effort probably made them more worthwhile than just another highrise apartment building.

604247[/snapback]

how many pyramids ?

hey maybe he means pyramids were in vougue back in the day....

Our past ( now present) will be easier to figure out then that theirs is. We have much more. We have pappers and such. MANY MANY more drawings and instructions on how we done things.

As to how then, either they did it as they went, or their 'pappers' are just gone because there were so few.

Our past ( now present) will be easier to figure out then that theirs is. We have much more. We have pappers and such. MANY MANY more drawings and instructions on how we done things.

As to how then, either they did it as they went, or their 'pappers' are just gone because there were so few.

604488[/snapback]

or because paper doesn't suffer the ravages of time very well at all.

lol

hey time capsules still work dont they?? w00t.gifw00t.gif

i just think its very interesting guys.. thought id just share my ideas!

i just think its very interesting guys.. thought id just share my ideas!

611996[/snapback]

Go on then

grin2.gifgrin2.gifthumbsup.gifyes.gif

Edited by marduk

I hear what you are saying, Lucid. The only thing is that we don't have much documentation as to exactly why the pyramids, and other wonders were built. (Or not as much as we would like) People in the future will look back on our achievements and understand much more than us looking back on ancient civilizations. But yeah, they will still wonder what drove us to build them in the first place. thumbsup.gif

kinda fading off the topic, i just think the ancient civilizations had help from another species or being...

kinda fading off the topic, i just think the ancient civilizations had help from another species or being...

612762[/snapback]

Why,

Give me the three main facts that have led you to that hypothesis

Maybe they stored their papers and documents in the paw of the Sphinx???? We won't know until the Gov't of Egypt allows someone to enter the rooms under the sphinx. The difference between our civilization and the ancients is that their edifices have endured thousands of years, but I don't think ours would. Earthquakes and floods couldn't erase their monuments, but ours would not withstand severe earthquakes or tsunamis.

I understand your point very clearly.

To them, the pyramids, may have been impressive, but it was"normal" for them.

This is the same way that a 100 story building or say the golden state bridge are really incredible feats of engineering, be we just look at them as everyday normal.

Who knows, if we end up killing all mankind, in 10-20 thousand years the new "intelligent" species may wonder how these things were done. They would probably assume we were technologically primitive compared to them. They may even try to explain 100 story sky scrapers as being built by sear manpower alone.

i dont have three facts that led me to the hypothisis marduk... i got one and its like exactly what i said earlier, they kept building pyramids and i guarntee they werent like omg we did this once, its amazing, no they kept throwin them up, as do we with skyscrapers.

i dont have three facts that led me to the hypothisis marduk... i got one and its like exactly what i said earlier, they kept building pyramids and i guarntee they werent like omg we did this once, its amazing, no they kept throwin them up, as do we with skyscrapers.

613640[/snapback]

I think that we as a society today think to much of ourselves. Just as the ancient people proably did and so will the people in the future. Some say that the future generations will understand and have documentations of our world today so there wont be so many mysteries. There are alot of unknowns of the modern world and i don't really think in 1000 years to many people will understand things about our day to day lives. Send a 8 track into the year 5973 and see how many people can figure out what it was used for.

Jeremy Wiley

The Untied Paranormal Investigators Association

I think that records of our times are more than sufficient for future generations NOT to wonder. Even if we are wiped out and a future civilization discovers our structures, it is unlikely they won't retrieve data from media devices to give plenty of insight.

I just hope those records are not the Simspons or a reality show...