Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Flying Craft (1000-Years Old )

quaneeri

Ancient Flying Craft (1000-Years Old )

Gold trinkets were found in an area covering Central America and coastal areas of South America, estimated to belong to a period between 500 and 800 CE, but since they are made from gold, accurate dating is impossible and based essentially on stratigraphy which may be deceptive. However, we can safely say that these gold objects are more than 1000 years old. original.gif

user posted image

The bird

A small wooden artifact was found in the excavations around the step pyramid of Saqqara in 1898 by the French archaeologist Lauret. This piece was registered in the archives of the Egyptian museum of Antiquities in Cairo as a "Statuette of a bird".

It was placed in the bird section of the museum under the number 6347, and a little more was thought of it for 70 years. The Egyptian Physician, artist and aeromodeller Dr.Khalil Messiha rediscovered the same artifact in the year 1969 in the museum.

Dr. Khalil found that this model differs considerably from other birds models in that it was legless and had a straight tail and wings.Dr. Khalil made a balsa wood model with the same measurements as the Pa-Di-Imen artifact and added a stabilizer to the tail. the model was pushed by hand and flew a few yards. Some call it a bird,... but no birds with vertical tails were ever seen in Egypt on the middle East.

user posted image

Full Story and (Images) here:

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_7.htm

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• Mystify

• Essan

• quaneeri

You've saved me from some work, quaneeri. I was going to post something similar, but I must say, your link is better. thumbsup.gif

It's interesting that archaeologists are quick to say that all unusual artifacts/ carvings are fanciful versions of animals, while overlooking holes in their theories.

If the theories of writer Graham Hancock are correct (advanced civilizations on this earth 10,000 years ago), then we can only speculate what knowledge was lost over the millenia, including the power of flight.

You would think a civilisation with technology to fly could be a little more intrecate with it's details to carvings based on their flying machines.....ah well..

I think it's kinda natural for us to indulge in planar thought - if for example we wanted to carve a bird, we'd add a horizontal tail. but when that failed to fly straight, our next logical step might be to attempt some sort of vertical stabilization. with enough tinkering and experimentation, eventually the thing would coast thru the air. this reasoning doesn't have to wait for the development of, or involve motors.

I guess a dart, arrow or spear embellished with fins could look like an ancient artifact depicting a rocket ship. A discus dug up a couple of thousand years later could be viewed as a "flying saucer."

Mystify hit more at the heart of the matter though - "You would think a civilisation with technology to fly could be a little more intrecate with it's details to carvings based on their flying machines.....ah well.."

PS on an unrelated subject. How is that (quote) thing done? I can't seem to get that function to work for me. Thank you.

Yeah, the level of detail would be greater, but the only other explaination (apart from the perfectly good one that j6p just mentioned) is that what would a native, upon briefly seeing a technologicaly advanced flying vehicle (from a culture elsewhere on/off earth) , carve if he was trying to make a representation of it?

One interesting point that i don't think anyone has brought up is if ghosts are caused by some sort of timeslip effect, wouldn't it be possible for a, say, 747 to appear briefly in the past? Unlikely i know, but just a thought.

Well, as people can be caught in a tme slip, then why not objects?

This could also explain some sightings of ghostly vehicles, that have been reported over the years, such as phantom busses, and cars.

hmmm... i found these images very interesting... "These images were found on the ceiling beams of a 3000-year old New Kingdom Temple, located several hundred miles south of Cairo and the Giza Plateau, at Abydos."

check it out at Ancient Egyptian Flying Vehicles

user posted image

and up close:

user posted image

whoa that definetly looks like a helicopter

Excellent oppinion purplestuart and Al thumbsup.gif .i've never thought of this before....yeah,timeslip might be a cause....

This might be something to add to the discussion. original.gif

See any picture of the Apollo Lunar Module on the surface of the Moon or the Apollo Command Module after splashdown and you’ll notice gold foil covering the majority of the craft.

This external reflective insulation material is known as "Kapton Foil".

Thinner than a quality paper, this ingenious invention protected both the spacecraft and the astronauts from harmful solar radiation and severe temperature changes in space.

It continues today to be used on satellites, the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station to shield sensitive equipment.

Is this what the ancient cultures are trying to depict. ???

• 1 year later...

WOW!!! im printing those out right now, im telling ya the ancient egyptians were helped by another form of being... no way they could come up with all these facsinating things, that havent even been developed yet.... unless they did it themselves? then we just thought we invented it but we didnt, i wonder if that could be true?

These people may have seen similar objects flying around. So they made objects that resembled them in gold.

Of course, the things they saw flying around could have just been birds, and nothing more than that.

Edited by Amalgamut

These people may have seen similar objects flying around. So they made objects that resembled them in gold.

Of course, the things they saw flying around could have just been birds, and nothing more than that.

612031[/snapback]

I think they are actually labelled by egyptologists as bees.

at last the small golden delta winged objects that Von Daniken made so much of.

Perhaps they were the aircraft landing at the space port at Nazca

lolol w00t.gif

lol

but what other object other than aircraft has a delta wing??

and flies?? hmm.gifohmy.gifhuh.gif

apparently these models were aerodynamic as well.

lol

and flies?? hmm.gif  ohmy.gif  huh.gif

614153[/snapback]

Nope that was just what Daniken claimed

lol

614153[/snapback]

Just imagine yourself in the back 1930s asking that question - would you have drawn the same conclusions then when, it was well known that no flying machine ever had a delta wing? wink2.gif

Same applies to those Abydos hieroglyphs that are supposed to be helicopters.

Do you really think they had exactly the same technology as the late 20th century: not early 20th century, not 21st century. Just that of a very specific decade or 2?

lol

614153[/snapback]

Just imagine yourself in the back 1930s asking that question - would you have drawn the same conclusions then when, it was well known that no flying machine ever had a delta wing? wink2.gif

Same applies to those Abydos hieroglyphs that are supposed to be helicopters.

Do you really think they had exactly the same technology as the late 20th century: not early 20th century, not 21st century. Just that of a very specific decade or 2?

614286[/snapback]

50,000 sitchenites can't be wrong

remember oannes

I think it's kinda natural for us to indulge in planar thought - if for example we wanted to carve a bird, we'd add a horizontal tail. but when that failed to fly straight, our next logical step might be to attempt some sort of vertical stabilization. with enough tinkering and experimentation, eventually the thing would coast thru the air. this reasoning doesn't have to wait for the development of, or involve motors.

I guess a dart, arrow or spear embellished with fins could look like an ancient artifact depicting a rocket ship. A discus dug up a couple of thousand years later could be viewed as a "flying saucer."

Mystify hit more at the heart of the matter though - "You would think a civilisation with technology to fly could be a little more intrecate with it's details to carvings based on their flying machines.....ah well.."

PS on an unrelated subject. How is that (quote) thing done? I can't seem to get that function to work for me. Thank you.

71297[/snapback]

I like that discus analogy: good one thumbsup.gif

As for quoting, at the bottom right of each post there are 2 boxes: + Quote and " Rely. Click them both and you'll be able to post a reply quoting that person (but if it's a long post, try editing it a bit wink2.gif

Alternatively, if you're using the quick post box, put these either side of the passage you want to quote:

[/quote ] (but without the spaces)
Edited by Essan

remember oannes

614290[/snapback]

Oh yes they can grin2.giftongue.gif

remember oannes

614290[/snapback]

Oh yes they can grin2.giftongue.gif

614306[/snapback]

thats what I'm saying

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Yeah, the level of detail would be greater, but the only other explaination (apart from the perfectly good one that j6p just mentioned) is that what would a native, upon briefly seeing a technologicaly advanced flying vehicle (from a culture elsewhere on/off earth) , carve if he was trying to make a representation of it?

One interesting point that i don't think anyone has brought up is if ghosts are caused by some sort of timeslip effect, wouldn't it be possible for a, say, 747 to appear briefly in the past? Unlikely i know, but just a thought.

71604[/snapback]

Well in s. America an air plain flew over a village and the people there had never seen a plain before! (they built an repleca out of wood)! grin2.gif

71604[/snapback]

Well in s. America an air plain flew over a village and the people there had never seen a plain before! (they built an repleca out of wood)! grin2.gif

614372[/snapback]

Nope, that wasn't south america

that story is quite famous though so i can undertsand the confusion

go here and have a look at the real cargo cults

It's not an ancient mystery though

dates from the second world war

http://anth.ucalgary.ca/DHatt/Anth473/Cargo.htm