Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

PETA Condemns Pokemon 'Animal Abuse'

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#91    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 11 October 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

That Bow and Arrow look you got going on there makes you look like an 'Angry Bird'...  ;)

<_< :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#92    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm no expert but I believe the definition of "psychosis" is the inability to separate fantasy from reality. Every kid watching Wile E. Coyote knows the difference

#93    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 October 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

I agree that is an attempt to force beliefs on to others..  If anyone protests and demands change, it is trying to force others to do it how they like it..

But in the USA and the UK you can't force anyone to do what PETA campaigns about ...... they can't force beliefs onto another person.They can campaign forcefully, but whether people take any notice of what they say or not is entirely up to each individual.
All PETA is doing is attracting attention to situations it's supporters feel should be made public. If people feel uncomfortable about what PETA is highlighting(above and beyond the gimmicky presentation), then it suggests to me that their consciences are being pricked.

Edited by ouija ouija, 11 October 2012 - 11:06 PM.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#94    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 11 October 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

But in the USA and the UK you can't force anyone to do what PETA campaigns about ...... they can't force beliefs onto another person.

My post reads - Anyone who attempts to force beliefs on to others.. That does not say they actually do it...Attempting to do it and actually doing it are not quite the same..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#95    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostBeastly Decimal, on 11 October 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

You guys are seriously missing the point. Obviously, Pokemon aren't real. But the fact that they're fictional and completely improbable is the very reason that they're destructive. With the colorful monsters and the magical powers, the games cement themselves in the minds of children (and gullible adults) and subconsciously, they begin to see it as alright. So in a million years, when modern science makes it possible to keep an elephant in a "pokeball" and walk it around with you, the descendants of those children and gullible adults will find no fault.
Just arguing PETAs point, since no one else seems to be doing it..

View PostBeastly Decimal, on 11 October 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

The happiness trainers and pokemon share is one of the worst things I've ever seen. I have never known an animal to be happy in captivity, unless they are severely domesticated (dogs/cats) or fictional (pokemon). Pokemon subconsciously deludes people into believing that animals can be happy living in a pocket-sized ball - or a cage. Also, real animals aren't as bloodthirsty as humans, or indeed, as pokemon. Animals fight each other for survival; in pokemon, battle is glorified, made into a sport. Next thing you know, we'll be having organized dogfights in the streets, every owner trying to "form bonds of friendship and mutual trust" with their dogs. It's saddening, really. :cry:

:w00t:

:lol:  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're my hero!

We're talking about 1s and 0s here.

Rumour has it that the next campaign will be against Fraggle Rock. Those Doozers didn't actually enjoy work, it was just culturally imprinted through merciless oppression under inhumane conditions. And don't get me started on Rod Hull! No wonder poor emu was always so narky, that sicko had his hand up it's cloaca for years :(

Edited by Urisk, 12 October 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#96    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,216 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

View Postnotoverrated, on 10 October 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

idk i never met a kid when i was younger that thought pokemon was real, but if the show is so bad then let the parents censor it from their kids.

Dude Pokemon is the Most Censored Show on ******* TV. In all of my Years watching it i have never seen any ******* Blood on the Pokemon, or the Human. Not even a Bloody Nose. Brock was Supposed to be like Master Roshi or Quagmire yet he never gets Laid. The show doesn't need to be censored any more then it is.

Edited by stevemagegod, 12 October 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#97    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

What kind of 'animal' is Pokemon? Where does it live and where is its normal habitat? I think it is just a costume not a living animal. How about spending some of the resources for feeding and housing the homeless humans as well as actual living animals that are mistreated and need help? The whole thing is making a joke out of a very serious issue and I am sure it offends more people than many believe. I love animals and I have seen some mistreated and I have also seen children and the elderly equally mistreated. This sort of idiocity does more harm to animal rescue organizations than it helps.Animals should not be used as entertainment in zoos and circuses. They are living feeling beings not carton characters and more harm is done to animals by encroaching and destroying their natural habitats for the sake of money or for human habitation. Kids are not that dumb that they do not know the difference between a cartoon character and a true animal. Shame on PETA in the US, as they are trying to make a joke out of something very serious that is animal abuse!

#98    K_Bonita

K_Bonita

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

• For every dark night,there's a brighter day.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

really PETA?...If PETA wants to be taken seriously, they should start off by getting rid of all those almost completely nude pictures of celebrities nobody cares about and actually put pictures of what they are about "saving animals".I dont remeber the last time I saw a picture of a half naked man or woman and making me go "well that right there just changed my mind about saving the animals"....I love animals and PETA just isn't doing much for me anymore.

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ”

#99    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostIamLegend, on 11 October 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

You know, after thinking about this a bit more, I realized... The fact that PETA had to manufacture fake versions of Pokemon depicting abusive behavior should simply demonstrate all the more that there isn't abuse in Pokemon. If there were, they would just point it out in the actual games, and not fabricate grotesque straw-men.

Edited by Arbitran, 12 October 2012 - 05:33 AM.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#100    Realm

Realm

• 2,055 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Peta once again is synonomous with pathetic. They prove this time and time again from their own self righteous stupidity.

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

#101    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

I never watched Pokemon for the sake of my personal sanity but there is nothing wrong with it. I couldn't name one trainer or whatever but several Pokemon themselves so it looks like the trainers are getting the raw end of the stick while doing the world a huge favor. Animals fight in the wild in our world......thankfully they don't shoot fire or wrap themselves up in electricity like Blanka from SF2. It only makes sense for Pokemon to be capture and trained to fight properly in a controlled environment so they don't do everlasting harm to the environment and prevent Pokemon causalities that would normally happen in a real world thus making sure each species survives. Well damn it just seems these "evil abusive" trainers are actually do a better job then PETA on all of it's fronts.. sure they don't do naked celebrity's to show off their Pokemon(unless you do a google search which I wouldn't suggest) or other stupid acts for publicity but at least they are making the world a better for humans and Pokemon alike...

poor poor PETA they really do need to find something better to do with their time.

#102    Him over there

Him over there

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

PETA wish to ban Pokemon on the basis that it causes animal abuse but no press has been given to the graphic violence of countless games aimed at teenagers such as Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed & Grand Theft Auto and many many more all of which dull the line between reality and fiction for a number of vulnerable young people.

#103    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Not exactly true. Manhunt generated tons of controversy when it came out. It's just that witch-hunts against violent games are old-hat, just like anime and heavy metal. Pokemon hasn't grabbed the headlines for years either. besides PETA conveniently forgets that we are merely animals as well so we don't count.

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#104    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I condermn PETA and it members.

#105    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostHim over there, on 12 October 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

PETA wish to ban Pokemon on the basis that it causes animal abuse but no press has been given to the graphic violence of countless games aimed at teenagers such as Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed & Grand Theft Auto and many many more all of which dull the line between reality and fiction for a number of vulnerable young people.

Dull the line? No.....

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users