Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you had an unexplained mystical event?

Alan McDougall

The question I pose to the forum members, is have you had an experience during your life that is simply beyond explaining by logic that might be supernatural, such as healing , ESP or religious?.

Such as hearing the voice of god or an angel or met someone who came out of the woodwork just at the moment you needed help in a desperate situation?

I am not referring to delusional psychoses, but the experiences of "normal healthy minded people"

Please don't restrict yourself to my list, skeptics and believers are equally welcome to contribute in hope of extracting the truth about the paranormal!

• Like 3

I've had several. The first I can recall, happened when I was four.

Each one was paradigm shifting and life changing.

Not going to share them here due to the aggressive nature of the exchange that happens in this environment though.

In the end, they're not of much use to anyone beyond me, aside from acting as a brief form of entertainment, or as a focus of something to lash out at, or ridicule, or support, depending how you're slanted in the game.

I'm extremely grateful for each however. They've contributed to me becoming a much more grateful and loving person, living in a more aware state on a daily basis.

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 6

I'll share an experience of precognition. It was 6 July 2005, and I went to a friend's place to watch the annual New South Wales vs Queensland State of Origin series (game 3, NSW won). At the end of the game there was a news report that terrorists had bombed the London Underground. No one commented on it, I shrugged my shoulders and thought to myself "wow, the world is messed up". I come home, go to bed, go to university the next day, when I come home, mum asks me if I'd heard about the London bombing. I said that I saw it on TV last night.

Which I then found out was impossible. While watching the game on Wednesday night, it was Wednesday morning in London. The bomb didn't happen until Thursday morning, shortly after I'd come home from university on Thursday evening.

I can't explain it. I have a solid memory of seeing the news report on my friend's TV on Wednesday and was entirely unsurprised when told of the bombing on Thursday evening, but unless precognition happened (I believe it did) I can't explain it.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 6

I'll share this one experience that happened seven years ago.

At the time I was feeling pretty gutted that my dead father's spirit made no appearance or sign. My relatives would often tell me they're had some ghostly feeling, like one of my dad's pictures fell off the shelf, or they could see his outline.

I wondered why he appeared to everyone but not me.

Well here is the experience part....

As I walked across the landing, I muttered to myself these words: "afterall there's no such things as spirits and no such things as gods." Suddenly there was a massive thunder noise and a huge gust of wind shaking the house. All the house alarms and fire alarms were set off. It wasn't raining and there wasn't clouds.

The thing is, no one else heard or experienced that freak wind but all couldn't find how the alarm system was triggered.

I realised it was the gods, especially Thor.

Always been a believer in the Heathen faith except that one down episode and that reaction made me certain that He heard me.

I very much understand this was the gods way of showing me something.

• Like 4

I've had several. The first I can recall, happened when I was four.

Each one was paradigm shifting and life changing.

Not going to share them here due to the aggressive nature of the exchange that happens in this environment though.

In the end, they're not of much use to anyone beyond me, aside from acting as a brief form of entertainment, or as a focus of something to lash out at, or ridicule, or support, depending how you're slanted in the game.

I'm extremely grateful for each however. They've contributed to me becoming a much more grateful and loving person, living in a more aware state on a daily basis.

Please share you experiences, I am a believer in the mysterious, I deliberately posted in this subforum so that skeptics can look at our experiences. No one can dispute you experiences, you know the truth, so ignore hostile comments in the hope that you can move people to a new understanding to the total reality of the universe, both physical and spiritual.

I admit that much damage has been done to the credibility of the paranormal by fraudulent psychics and spiritual mediums who extort money from grieving gullible victims, who have lost a loved one and would grab onto the least evidence as proof of an afterlife etc. However, while we can debate on this particular aspect I would like to keep the thread open to all points of view. In no way an I suggesting that I control the thread where it meanders depends on those contributing.

If it gets too heated then I can approach a moderator to move it.

To many to count. Some little things and some that blow me away every time I think about it. I love living an active spiritual existence there is something always around the corner.

• Like 4

To many to count. Some little things and some that blow me away every time I think about it. I love living an active spiritual existence there is something always around the corner.

Here are some of mine!

Over the years I have had many vision/dreams/OOBE's that might be of interest to the forum.

I would also like to hear from other members if they have had similar events in their lives, and if the can interpret some of my visions and ask any questions deemed necessary

-------------------------------------------------

They start below

1) A great king was in the throes of dying and I was on with him and a chariot racing to somewhere. The others and I looked at the three horses that were pulling the chariot at great speed. I said to a person that these horses couldn’t possibly continue at that unbelievable pace.

1a )Indeed the horses slowed down stopped and one by one died of exhaustion. The dying king weeping and wailing in abject sorrow grabbed his beloved dying great white horse; overcome with sorrow so deep I simply could not comprehend it.

1b) Then the great leader lay down and also died and the whole nation began to morn in great sorry.” The king is dead" "the king is dead" they as one wailed over and over again.

1c) What amazed me was the great love these ancient people had for their horses and the great love and care they gave them

1d) Who do you think was this great king, who do you was his beautiful great horse that he loved more than life??

Maybe Alexander the Great?

----------------------------------------------------------

2) In the dream, I was at a beachfront with members of my family both dead and alive. We wanted to swim but the sea became rough and angry with great waves bashing higher and higher on the beach. Frightened we all moved further and further from the now raging rapidly rising sea.

2a) High above the normal sea level was an escape bridge. I and others were caught on the bridge with a huge wave that rushed over our heads. I had to hold on for dear life and hold my breath until I felt my lungs were going to burst.

2b) The bridge was located near a rocky mountain, so as the next huge wave approached I reached out grabbed a rock above me and pulled myself above the sea level. Then reaching out I helped the others one by one to come to my higher level of safety.

2c) But the sea just continued to rage and getting higher and higher, the higher we climbed the mountain the higher the sea rose. At last, we had risen to the peak of the mountain and despaired as the sea began to reach our last safety perch and overflowed it.

2d) Then all of us began to pray in harmony and unison, commanding the sea to stop its advance. The sea just stopped like a great wall of water, it was just huge wave suspended but immoveable, as if it were waiting to engulf the whole world.

----------------------------------------------------------

3) During a vision or vivid dream one night in the 1970's during the Rhodesian bush war I found my awareness hovering over a nightmarish scene. What appeared to be a Catholic missionary compound situated in the Rhodesia of the time, now Zimbabwe I saw something of nightmarish horror.

3a) I saw scenes from two different places in the then Rhodesia, in one place there were bodies of men and girls and woman lying dead. Some had had been raped and slaughtered in the most brutal way. Also both young and old men and woman had been raped or slaughtered in a brutal way.

3b) I went up to one woman who was still alive but in the process of dying The only way I can explain what happened next it somehow I tried to comforted and help this terrified nun into the valley of the shadow of death. I woke up feeling sick to my stomach and told my wife I had experience a horror during the night, This vision was confirmed in the news papers over the following days

------------------------------------------------

4) One night I found my consciousness or awareness inside a large passenger jet airplane. I could see outside the aircraft and saw it was flying over a large ice world which I now know was the Antarctic continent.

4a) The airplane was full of passengers and the next thing I saw it was approaching a huge mountain on a Collision course with it. The plane smashed into a colossal mountain and burst into flames, resulting in the instant death of all the people aboard.

4b) Out of each persons body a bluish orb emerged apparently vanishing into another dimension. The next day on the news was the awful news of an aircraft crashing into a mountain with the awful news of no survivors.

4c)New Zealand airlines at that time regularly sent those who could afford it on sight seeing flights over Antarctica. New being reasonably near to that cold icy huge continent

Confirmation of Dream

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_New_ZeAlan McDougalld_Flight_901

-----------------------------------------------------

5) Another time to my horror I found inside the body of someone who was being stabbed to death and the pain felt was simply beyond belief it was unspeakably acute and my soul left this body moments before it died. I actually felt as if I were dying.

-------------------------------------------------

6) During another spiritual episode I again found myself or my awareness inside the body of a stranger who seemed to be in a very tiny prison cell. I got a huge shock reverted back into my earthly body with a huge jerk that made me almost leap out of bed. It seemed like he was in a small prison cell, looking out through the bars of the cells one window or door, I am not sure which.

--------------------------------------------------

7) Another night I had a most disturbing vivid dream about a terrible event of destruction in some modern city, I am not sure. I found myself amongst a group of people, woman, children and men of all ages in some place/sanctuary that over looked a large city at first a thought might be Johannesburg where, I reside.

7a) Looking at the skyscraper building they were on first appearance a lot like Johannesburg, which highest building is about 70 stories high very much like a small New York City.

7b) The city looked more like Atlanta or possibly even Huston. Were gathered at high hill or vantage point of some sort over looking this city from a fairly long distance. We all taken into a large hall (not forcibly it was more in a festive mood). Where it was revealed why we were here? A movie was being run over and over again and it was emphasized that we were somehow a privileged few.

7c) The movie revealed that a huge terrorist stronghold had been uncovered that needed to be destroyed with immense power to give them a message they would never forget. The destructive force that was going to bring down was a million or more tones of TNT that the agents had smuggled in and set a time fuse to go off at about 03 30 am in that very morning and we were there to see and here this enormous explosion something like the first physicist and scientist viewed the first atom bomb in Los Alamos.

7d) We were told the explosion was chemical in nature and not a nuclear bomb. It was to be the most powerful chemical explosion in history and would be mind bogglingly loud and colorful. It was 02.30am when were told to phone our friends and family to expect the loudest bang and colossal noise they were ever going to hear in their life times. So I did some phoning about.

Crazy.

7e) At about 03.25am all gathered around in excitement to watch this event. Some wore earplugs others earplugs and dark glasses others just closed their eyes, put fingers in their ears and waited

7f) I was in the front line of many persons lined up row by row like soldiers standing at ease. Then it happened all hell burst loose I saw a huge building in the middle of this city explode in blazing unimaginable colossal destructive force. Out of the collapsing building, a small mushroom cloud rose up high into the air and we all burst into applause. This greatest of terrorist strongholds and headquarters was no more.

7g) Then silence a silence malignant, malicious, and frightening. The remains of the target building began to burn as if it were made of firewood and out of it came a mysterious cloud black boiling, maelstrom of colors and heat. The fire spread into other buildings consuming everything in its path like some monstrous out of control forest fire racing towards up as if it was been blown by thousand miles an hour winds.

7h) in this city began to run and scream, I could see and hear them even though at this stage they were far off in the dying city. We stood transfixed in horror as this monstrous fire came towards us at greater and greater speed much faster than the speed of sound I think.

7i) People burst into flame and vanished and some attempted to run from this man made horror in vain. Then I saw people men, woman, and older children running with their backs on ire to wars the first row of men where I had positioned myself for the spectacle, some spectacle. When they reached us they ran amongst us setting us on fire, I selfishly in terror used a burning man as a shield to keep me from the heat in which I was dying.

7j) Then this awful vision ended and I woke in a cold sweat. If I analyze this dream, assuming it was more than just a nightmare. It appears that the huge chemical explosion set off a nuclear weapon in this terrorist fancily with tragic consequences. I don't have any deep hidden fear of nuclear disaster and in South Africa were I stay there is very little threat of terrorism. (Yet)

------------------------------------------------------

8) I would like to relate a lucid dream I had the other night. I involves time, I found myself on a ox wagon amongst the Afrikaner people also know as Boers (farmers) These people left the Cape off good hope after British occupation and trekked north to find new territory much the same as the American pioneers that went south on mule trains..

8a) They called themselves Voortrekkers meaning those that track forward. They were a very religious people of great courage and faced much of the same hardship of their American counterparts. Where the American pioneers sometimes faced hostile Native Americans, so did these people face an even more fearsome people in the war like

opponent of native South Africans, such as the Zulu tribe of warriors.

8b) I was on one of these ox wagons perfectly aware that it was not a memory of some previous life, but that I was somehow experience a sort of time shift,

8c) As I can understand Afrikaans, even this early dialogue, I could hear what they were saying and even singing... Then the wagon train came across eight lions (in those days lions could be found everywhere in South Africa.)

8d) Somehow I found myself sitting and leaning against an adult male lion, I was terrified. The people began to shoot at the lions with their ancient flint lock type rifles killing a few lions but not the lion that I leaned against

8e) This lion could have hit me with his great paw but he did not and ran off into the high grass plain

---------------------------------------------------

9) I found myself of a train pulled by a steam engine. This train I think ran from Durban to Johannesburg. What excited me was that I saw Johannesburg in multicolor exactly as it was over a hundred years ago. Old Victorian style building, African people’s hovels etc

9a) It was snowing in Johannesburg a very rare event in this then gold digger town. Suddenly the train arrived at Randfontein the gold mining town where I was born and someone even pointed out the exact hospital (Randfontein Hospital)

9b) I will try to find out what years Johannesburg had snow during the early 20th or late 19th centuries, maybe I can come up with something.

………………………………………………………………………………………

10) During a nap, on this morning I had a profound and lucid dream that I am sure is a message from God to Christians in order for them to understand some aspect of God’s judgment of sinners both in this world and in the next world in the afterlife.

10a) I found my self in a party situation of a free sex nature, there was a demonic being of some type of enormous strength and sexual insatiable powers. He went around both raping woman and sexually satisfying woman even against their will. Everything was bright and extremely pleasurable, even euphoric and the people could not get enough of it. It seemed that only the evil being was giving sexual pleasure to the people at the party, both to med and woman in attendance. It was just like a swingers party but much more depraved and the demon that had a continuous erection of his huge penis went around sexually satiating all human there. However, no one ever got satisfied and always wanted more from him.

10b) I saw no food or water at these parties, just a lot of people entangled in sexual bliss. we were informed we were indeed in heaven where everyone had a free will to do anything they liked without consequences , no matter how depraved it was all just fun..

10c) I as there and enjoying myself, having great pleasure. the demon kept showing us how powerful he was saying even God could not stop him and we could enjoy eternity with him in a state of perpetual self and combined pleasure, we were told the outside of this realm was really hell with very limited free will and was dim grey cold and very unlike the great place of pleasure and fun that was our present domain.

10d) I saw clergyman and his wife came to the party and after a while, he got a disturbed look on his face and insisted he and his wife leave immediately. Later I found out this action led to the salvation of both his and his wife’s souls and they are in heaven now.

10e) Someone gave me a book I think was written by the demon but it was under a human author’s name, maybe an atheist. I read it with great enjoyment because it explained many mysteries about the universe, science and things that interested me due to my being insatiably curious about everything one could contemplate. there were also dark side to these stories but the demon told me I had no need to read that all, I had only to concern myself was to have as much fun, pleasure as possible all the time and only to do things that furthered that selfish aim. Of course, he was also addressing all the people at this party while he was speaking to me. He was a very friendly fellow not at all frightening, as one would suppose a demon to be.

10f) While I was looking through the books great pictures, some of a sexual nature but not really perverted in anyway, others about the universe, astronomy, science I came across a page that had been torn out of the book, turning to the demon I asked him why this particular page had been ripped out of the book and all the other pictures left in.

10g) He said because that picture was the ultimate blasphemy, I thought this odd why a demon would care about a blasphemous picture. I never found out what this picture was; only that it depicted the highest form of blasphemy against the one and holy God and his divine son the lord Jesus Christ.

10h) The moment after posing the question to the demon, he changed into a human, then a realization overcame me and I realized our immortal souls were in the greatest danger of eternal damnation.

10i) It now became I that was addressing the people there, I said to them all those who want to leave this place right now and who do not believe this is heaven stand up and follow me out of the door, of which I opened and left? About six people followed me out of the possible twenty that had attended the party.

10j) The others preferred to remain because they were told that they could exist in this pleasurable bliss of sexual ecstasy for eternity. I somehow knew this was a lie and they were all going ultimately to hell with the demon that had deceived them, but they had no excuse just like me deep down in their hearts they knew right from wrong, because God had imprinted this information into each of their hearts by means of their individual consciences.

10k) The place outside the door was not as bright as inside, much quieter and someone shouted out at us from inside, “you have been fooled and deceived by the devil and in reality are now in hell”. I became confused even frightened that we had made a huge mistake, by leaving heaven and entering hell.

10l) While we were outside in what appeared to be a mild grayish day, we began to play catch the ball but with large rocks that we all could just pick up easily throw to each other and catch with ease, not matter how large the rocks were. I now knew we were having fun enjoying ourselves in a healthy competitive way, much unlike the extreme pleasure in the house of depravity we had just left behind us.

10m) We were then all taken to a room by a train of some sort or the other. There we were told we were to be given a test or examination of some sort or the other, which the reason for this test became obvious to all of us later.

10n) This test involved a number of word scrabble like puzzles on a blue sheet of paper due to my poor eyesight I could not see all the questions clearly, anyway I did my best and remember having to unscramble a number of word under the title “sales” squinting my best in the dim light I could not make out the letters I asked the moderator to brighten the light and he refused. I then commanded him in the name of God to increase the light and he promptly complied.

10o) I had by this time, unscrambled all the letters in the sales question except two of them

"VDLOE"

10p) This is what I saw on one question, note I am very bad at scrabble and time was running out, then it came to me I could be unscrambled to read into "loved” and I wrote that word on the test sheet. I had completed all the answers except one, but only on the saved column.

VDLOE = UNSCRAMBLED =LOVE

-----------------------------------------------------

11) I found myself walking on a monochrome moon, I walked up the huge rim of a crater, and looked down in wonder at a beautiful city of light nestled in the craters bowl. It was unimaginable beautiful something like a small paradise or new Garden of Eden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12) I found myself on what I think is a remote planet somewhere in the universe. I entered a small village at the moment darkness was oozing over it. What frightened me about this event, was I walked up to a little girl and looked into her eyes and to my horror saw the life slowly drain out of her eyes.

• Like 2

I've had many experiences, but only a few I cannot dismiss, or rationalize away.

What I do know through self evidence is that the Universe and beyond is a mysterious place.

• Like 4

I think what is shying some folks away is that this is posted in the forum where skeptics can chime in and attempt to put a person on trial and disprove what they have said.

• Like 2

That's a lot Alan. I keep a blog to report my progress. And it's just as long and not all dissimilar.

That's a lot Alan. I keep a blog to report my progress. And it's just as long and not all dissimilar.

Where is your blog I am very interested in your experiences?

I think what is shying some folks away is that this is posted in the forum where skeptics can chime in and attempt to put a person on trial and disprove what they have said.

But maybe convince some of them that there might be some truth about the supernatural.

i won't try to convince anyone that their experience isn't real, but the question is set up so people can answer either way, so... no. i've never had an experience that i could define as mystical or supernatural.

i have had auditory and visual hallucinations, but i know what caused them: extreme stress and/or medication, or alcohol.

even when i was religious (and i was very religious, in an eccentric catholic way) i never had anything i could call an experience. feelings, sure, but after a lifetime of dealing with mental illness, i don't trust feelings all that much. maybe that's on me. i know other people from similar backgrounds who see things differently.

this is the opinion of one skeptic and atheist, and it's not meant to be hostile to anyone here.

• Like 2

But maybe convince some of them that there might be some truth about the supernatural.

I can appreciate where you're coming from and your heart is in the right place no doubt. Thing is were talking about a subject that cannot be proven either way so these topics usually turn into a perpetual circle jerk of arguing and its not worth getting emotional over.

Personally, I do believe unexplainable things happen. I have my own experiences along with numerous experiences of others I have known and trusted for a long time. I'm just not willing to argue or attempt to convince the validity of these experiences.

I will happily read along in this thread but not in a judgmental way. More in hope that I may learn a thing or two myself.

i won't try to convince anyone that their experience isn't real, but the question is set up so people can answer either way, so... no. i've never had an experience that i could define as mystical or supernatural.

i have had auditory and visual hallucinations, but i know what caused them: extreme stress and/or medication, or alcohol.

even when i was religious (and i was very religious, in an eccentric catholic way) i never had anything i could call an experience. feelings, sure, but after a lifetime of dealing with mental illness, i don't trust feelings all that much. maybe that's on me. i know other people from similar backgrounds who see things differently.

this is the opinion of one skeptic and atheist, and it's not meant to be hostile to anyone here.

Of course there are many people like you that have never had an explainable experience and many others that have had some very odd events during their lives.

I really did not expect a hostile response from skeptics, because they are also among the people that have had experience for which there seems to be no adequate explanation..

This thread is not about religious ecstasy, but open ended and all inclusive. Consciousness has not been adequately explained by scientific experiment, why we need to sleep is not really understood. Many scientific facts and theories make no logical sense yet many are by best means of scientific experiment tests and process of elimination have been proven true and factual. Some science facts are almost distinguishable from magic.

The universe we live in is both a beautiful wonderful place as well as a very dangerous hostile to living things like us.

I do not believe in the mediums who supposedly talk to the dead. Case in point; what are the dead doing still hanging around the earthly material plane at the beck and call of these proven frauds that prey on grieving and gullible people, who are desperate to know that their passed over loved one still exists in some other dimension in the afterlife.

What I have writen above might suggest that I am a skeptic and yes I am a skeptic to easily proved nonsensical stuff from the airhead lunatic fringe, but I do not exclude the reality of the experiences of most people who have absolutely no reason to lie about their strange explainable events during their lives. We should not just dismiss everything that does not have an explanation as untrue or impossible.

The magic of yesterday often becomes the solid science of today, and what we perceive as impossible in this day and age often becomes the reality and useful scientific tools and knowledge of tomorrow.

The question I pose to the forum members, is have you had an experience during your life that is simply beyond explaining by logic that might be supernatural, such as healing , ESP or religious?.

No.

Though I can't explain my experiences in words, they are in no way supernatural to me.

If they happened, then the conditions that support them are natural whether or not I, or anyone understands them.

Supernatural is just a word for 'i don't know'... which is fine, in context. It gets some folks confused though, when they then start extrapolating into opinion and belief oriented explanations.

It's dangerous territory to explain an event with words, that is inherently beyond the scope of words ability to convey meaningful information.

• Like 1

Though I can't explain my experiences in words, they are in no way supernatural to me.

If they happened, then the conditions that support them are natural whether or not I, or anyone understands them.

Supernatural is just a word for 'i don't know'... which is fine, in context. It gets some folks confused though, when they then start extrapolating into opinion and belief oriented explanations.

It's dangerous territory to explain an event with words, that is inherently beyond the scope of words ability to convey meaningful information.

Why would it be dangerous?

Why would it be dangerous?

I think perhaps he is saying that we are too "uneducated" and "close-minded" to understand anyways so why bother.

Being a Pagan it kind of goes along with the turf. I understand what, Quixliver, is saying there are things I don't talk about with just anyone. There are experiences which are best left on the other side of the vale.

But there are things I can talk about. I saw a spirit once at our ritual grounds. I was waiting by my car after a meeting. I saw someone walk towards me who I had never seen before and who hadn't been at the meeting. He was dressed in a cloak and boots. I remember those boots because I was thinking those are some cool boots. Kind of old fashion like 17th century. He walk by without a sound and step off into the woods and disappeared. Years later I was telling someone about him and before I described him, she described to a T. She had also seen him.

Another thing I use to do was get my brother to call me. I remember one time I need him to call with some information I needed right away. I knew he was at work and I couldn't call him. I had made a snake and had given it to him. I concentrated on it and told him to call. Within 5 minutes he called saying "I don't know why I am calling I just felt I need to call." I didn't tell him. he wouldn't believe it. I use to do it to him every once in a while. When I do these spells on people I know it worked because they will say 'I don't know why I am doing this but I felt the needed, too." I only do it when I really really need to, it is draining and there is a whole ethics thing to magic about not changing peoples paths. My brother ended up giving me the snake back and it broke the link, anyway, it was for the best.

• Like 3

No, but enough to keep me doing them. It is a fun hobby.. People really don't understand what it is really about. It mostly about focusing on goals and outcomes you want to manifest in you life. I wish it did work like Harry Potter, I would get those lottery numbers to come up.

• Like 2

Well, if this qualifies, about a week after my mother died I was in a gas station not even thinking about her, and all of a sudden I felt this overwealming feeling of love surge through me. It was so powerful I had to take hold of the gas pump. It lasted a few moments. I knew somehow it was my mother saying goodbye, and letting me know how much she loved me.

Ever have a thrill go through your whole body, like a tingling and be slightly light headed? Sort of like when your arm has gone to sleep and it's coming back to life. That was sort of what it was like, it's hard to explain, but it was warm and it felt like love. I knew it was a feeling of love immediately.

• Like 4

I'll share an experience of precognition. It was 6 July 2005, and I went to a friend's place to watch the annual New South Wales vs Queensland State of Origin series (game 3, NSW won). At the end of the game there was a news report that terrorists had bombed the London Underground. No one commented on it, I shrugged my shoulders and thought to myself "wow, the world is messed up". I come home, go to bed, go to university the next day, when I come home, mum asks me if I'd heard about the London bombing. I said that I saw it on TV last night.

Which I then found out was impossible. While watching the game on Wednesday night, it was Wednesday morning in London. The bomb didn't happen until Thursday morning, shortly after I'd come home from university on Thursday evening.

I can't explain it. I have a solid memory of seeing the news report on my friend's TV on Wednesday and was entirely unsurprised when told of the bombing on Thursday evening, but unless precognition happened (I believe it did) I can't explain it.

You know, there are times I have had experiences like that. I was sure I witnessed an event, which other people don't recall, and then the event happens.

I think the biggest the most I remember, is witnessing a blond haired teen a red cap and jean top and bottom crossing the street my friend and I were driving on, and not even paying attention to where our car was. I even remember looking at the back of his head and feeling something was not right. And then turning away, but a moment later my friend said she saw him fade away.

The first section of post #3 caught my eye initially, mainly due to your specific mention of the triga....the 3-in-hand chariot. This system was historically very rarely employed in war and probably even less in racing. Only Dionysius mentions trigae races in the time of Augustus. The chariot of Achilles was said to be a triga.

Isidore of Seville comments on the sacral origin of chariot races as part of the public games (ludi), which were held in conjunction with certain religious festivals. The four-horse quadriga, Isidore says, represents the sun, and the two-horse biga the moon; the triga is for the infernal gods (di inferi), with the three horses representing the three ages of human beings: childhood, youth, and old age

BTW...I doubt it was Alexander the Great.....Bucephalus had a black coat with a white star, and was said to be 'wall-eyed'.