Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting Mother Killed by Walmart Security

notoverrated

It is so easy....

1.Do not break the law.

2. If you must break the law, and get caught, do what the police tell you to do.

3. Do not break the law, and you will not have to worry about being in these situations to begin with, neither will the Police.

• Like 5

It is so easy....

1.Do not break the law.

2. If you must break the law, and get caught, do what the police tell you to do.

3. Do not break the law, and you will not have to worry about being in these situations to begin with, neither will the Police.

:clap: Exactly. What kind of a woman would put kids in that kind of situation? She thought she was above the law and she paid drastically for it. Either way, the kids were going to be traumitized. By seeing an officer dead or hurt really bad, or the woman hurt or killed. Who is to say what would have happened if she would have been able to drive off, do you think that she would have been driving nicely and within the speed limit or driving recklessly? It could be possible that the officer saved these kids lives.

• Like 2

This is the exact reason why cops are not supposed to chase people down for non-violent crimes. It turns normally non violent people to violence. This is going to be a fairly large payday for any decent lawyer.

• Like 1

This is the exact reason why cops are not supposed to chase people down for non-violent crimes. It turns normally non violent people to violence. This is going to be a fairly large payday for any decent lawyer.

And why shouldn't he have tried to stop her? She was right there in the store parking lot. If he could have apprehended her there, why let her go, only to be tracked down another time? I don't think you people understand, cops aren't just going to let thieves go. If they can stop them, they will do it. And I think that we all can agree that the woman should NOT have tried to drive away with the police officer standing right next to her. Obviously, that was very stupid on her part

And why shouldn't he have tried to stop her? She was right there in the store parking lot. If he could have apprehended her there, why let her go, only to be tracked down another time? I don't think you people understand, cops aren't just going to let thieves go. If they can stop them, they will do it. And I think that we all can agree that the woman should NOT have tried to drive away with the police officer standing right next to her. Obviously, that was very stupid on her part.

Like I said, theft doesn't justify murder and never will.

There are three scenario's I can think of on how the cop could've handled this better, assuming he'd actually have thought rationally, instead of on impulse.

1: Shot the two front tires, moved to a side, (assuming he could, and I understand it's easier said than done if a cars beginning to come at you) let the car move past you and shoot the two back tires. Get into your car and follow her whilst calling for backup.

- Cop might get injured, but nobodies getting gunned down or scarred for life. Whatever was stolen has a chance of being returned.

2: Regardless of if you had a police cruiser or not, get out of the oncoming cars way, call for backup and allow other on-duty police officers to handle the situation.

- Cop may or may not get harmed, theres a chance everyone lives without getting traumatized for life and whatever was stolen gets returned to store.

3: Let her leave and simply use CCTV footage to track her down minutes later. In theory, this would be the best thing he could've done.

No one gets traumatized, murdered, theres a reasonable chance the criminal gets caught, and whatever goods were stolen, get returned to store.

^ It's what you'd call 'thinking rationally.' - In a sound state of mind, not go into trigger-happy mode. Having said that, I don't mean to make the cop out to be some sort of evil thug, just think he could've handled things differently.

Peace

Like I said, theft doesn't justify murder and never will.

There are three scenario's I can think of on how the cop could've handled this better, assuming he'd actually have thought rationally, instead of on impulse.

1: Shot the two front tires, moved to a side, (assuming he could, and I understand it's easier said than done if a cars beginning to come at you) let the car move past you and shoot the two back tires. Get into your car and follow her whilst calling for backup.

- Cop might get injured, but nobodies getting gunned down or scarred for life. Whatever was stolen has a chance of being returned.

Tell that to the mother who's child was killed by a stray bullet that ricoched off of the pavement. ( Cops know this )

2: Regardless of if you had a police cruiser or not, get out of the oncoming cars way, call for backup and allow other on-duty police officers to handle the situation.

- Cop may or may not get harmed, theres a chance everyone lives without getting traumatized for life and whatever was stolen gets returned to store.

Tell this to the husband that just lost his wife and kids in the mini van that the woman hit broadside running a red light while in a panic. ( cops know this too)

3: Let her leave and simply use CCTV footage to track her down minutes later. In theory, this would be the best thing he could've done.

No one gets traumatized, murdered, theres a reasonable chance the criminal gets caught, and whatever goods were stolen, get returned to store.

Same as stated above. Woman is in a panic, driving like a bat out of hell, runs a red light, kills someone. ( and yes, cops know this )

^ It's what you'd call 'thinking rationally.' - In a sound state of mind, not go into trigger-happy mode. Having said that, I don't mean to make the cop out to be some sort of evil thug, just think he could've handled things differently.

Peace

Police do think rationally. And they have procedures to follow also.

Edited by Sakari

wow did I read that "police think rationally" after some of the horror stories that has come out about the police in the USA, it wasn't so long ago they were killing people because of their colour...how rational is that.

wow did I read that "police think rationally" after some of the horror stories that has come out about the police in the USA, it wasn't so long ago they were killing people because of their colour...how rational is that.

I think the police in the USA are closer to the top ( meaning better to citizens and following laws, and actually having laws to follow ) then many other Countries....

Just a few if we are name dropping.

Mexico

Russia

Indonesia

And countless more.

Edited by Sakari

I think the police in the USA are closer to the top ( meaning better to citizens and following laws, and actually having laws to follow ) then many other Countries.

If YouTube footage is anything to go by, they're not so kind and patient. Not saying all US cops are bad, but many are.

If YouTube footage is anything to go by, they're not so kind and patient. Not saying all US cops are bad, but many are.

It is not something to go by...... :no:

Statistics are.... :yes:

• Like 1

Yea the whole YouTube argument is ridiculous. The videos about police officers saving lives and risking their own lives for our safety rarely make it on such sites. The media and the public doesn't like happy stories and videos. They crave stories like this just so they can tell everyone that they are such big experts on police tactics and police brutality. I mean heck, I've heard many a news story where a priest gets a little "intimate" with a young boy. Does this make me believe that all preists are pedophiles? Heck no. It's the same thing here. Police officers are not psychopaths because of a few YouTube videos

• Like 1

It is not something to go by...... :no:

Statistics are.... :yes:

It's better to witness with your own two eyes, than to naively believe anything you're told. Can you trust anybody, or are you living with your eyes shut?

Video footage proves American cops, generally are, psychopathic. Maybe not the majority in the world, but many are still psychopaths.

I can provide said footage if you'd like.

Edited by Insaniac

Yea the whole YouTube argument is ridiculous. The videos about police officers saving lives and risking their own lives for our safety rarely make it on such sites. The media and the public doesn't like happy stories and videos. They crave stories like this just so they can tell everyone that they are such big experts on police tactics and police brutality. I mean heck, I've heard many a news story where a priest gets a little "intimate" with a young boy. Does this make me believe that all preists are pedophiles? Heck no. It's the same thing here. Police officers are not psychopaths because of a few YouTube videos

Dude, I haven't once said all US cops are psychopaths, but theres a reasonable amount of them that are. Go back and read my posts.

Again, I had 4 pages worth of US police brutality videos, but I had soo many that UM wouldn't let me upload them. Trust me, theres more than just "a few YouTube video's."

Dude, I haven't once said all US cops are psychopaths, but theres a reasonable amount of them that are. Go back and read my posts.

Again, I had 4 pages worth of US police brutality videos, but I had soo many that UM wouldn't let me upload them. Trust me, theres more than just "a few YouTube video's."

Why don't you check the Countries I listed, then I will give you some more.I love how people that do not live here try to bash the US.

I love it even more when they use youtube videos as evidence.

Statistics, not videos.

Tyminator explained it perfectly.

Police Brutality in the UK .........Just a few.

National

• 1984–85: The UK miners' strike led to confrontations between striking miners and police in northern England and south Wales. A widely reported clash at the Orgreave Coking Plant near Rotherham on 18 June 1984, with around 5,000 on each side, was dubbed 'The Battle of Orgreave'. Violence flared after police on horse-back charged the miners with truncheons drawn and inflicted serious injuries upon several individuals. In 1991, the South Yorkshire Police were forced to pay out £425,000 to thirty-nine miners who were arrested in the events at the incident.[1] Other less well known, but also bloody, police attacks took place, for example, in Maltby, South Yorkshire.[2]

• 2010: Policing of the student protests included the controversial technique of kettling. At the Whitehall march on 24 November mounted police's use of horses for crowd control was described by others present as a "charge".[3][4] A journalist at the Parliament Square protest on 9 December characterised the police tactics as "very heavy handed".[5] Several police officers were injured during the clashes.[6]

England

• 1936: the Battle of Cable Street was a major clash between the police, who were attempting to protect a rally by Oswald Mosley's British Union of Fascists, and about 300,000 anti-fascist protestors. Mounted police charged at the crowd,[7] and many of the arrested demonstrators reported harsh treatment at the hands of the police. Police were among the 175 people injured in the confrontation.

• 1979: Blair Peach was fatally assaulted by an officer of the Special Patrol Group (SPG) during an anti-racism demonstration in London. A police investigation into the SPG found that they had a cache of unauthorised weapons.[9] The Metropolitan Police reached an out-of-court settlement with Peach's family in 1989.[10] The police eventually published their internal report in 2010, concluding that Peach had been killed by an officer, but officers within that unit had refused to identify the culprit.[11]

• 1985: the Battle of the Beanfield occurred in Wiltshire when police attempted to stop a convoy of New Age travellers from reaching Stonehenge. After a stand-off, police attacked both vehicles and people, smashing windows and beating travellers on the head with truncheons. A court judgement six years later found the police guilty of wrongful arrest, assault and criminal damage.[12]

• 1994: Richard O'Brien died in Metropolitan Police custody. He was arrested while drunk, and held face down in a police van. An inquest returned a verdict of unlawful killing, but three officers charged with manslaughter were acquitted.[13]

• 1999: Harry Stanley was shot dead by Metropolitan Police, thinking he was armed, although he was found to be carrying only a table leg. The coroner controversially returned an open verdict. The Crown Prosecution Service accepted the police's assertion that they were acting in self-defence.[14]

Northern Ireland

• 1922: The Arnon Street killings in Belfast were the killings of six Catholic civilians by USC or RIC police officers, in retaliation for the killing of an RIC officer by the IRA.[16][17]

• 1997: mass protests led to fierce riots and gun battles in nationalist districts of Northern Ireland. In the last spell of widespread violence before the signing of the Good Friday Agreement in April 1998, the RUC and British Army were forced to withdraw entirely from some nationalist areas of Belfast. It was sparked by official permission for an Orange Order march in Portadown, and the RUC's aggressive removal of nationalist protesters who had been blocking the march (the Drumcree conflict).

Drumcree conflict

The Drumcree conflict is an ongoing dispute over a yearly parade in Portadown. Inter-communal violence has repeatedly occurred since 1873. Years in which brutality on the part of the RUC has been recorded include:

• 1985: police forcefully removed protesters and allowed the march to continue;[20] at least one man was beaten unconscious.[19]

• 1986: the RUC banned a march, but rioting flamed between residents and the RUC; locals felt that RUC officers had "mutinied" and refused to enforce the ban.[19]

• 1996: After some years of relative calm, rioting returned as police violently removed protestors from Garvaghy Road, often after beating them. Nationalist leaders stated that their people had lost all faith in the impartiality of the RUC.[21]

Wales

Edited by Sakari

As for Ryu, we can't blame him for his disgust at police officer behavior regarding the news and Youtube, especially if he lives in America. Seems the majority of cops there are psychopaths and Youtube contains the proof.

I never claimed that you said ALL police officers, you said a majority. Thats still a pretty bold statement for someone that bases his judgements off of what he sees on the Internet.

Also, thanks for the support, Sakari

I never claimed that you said ALL police officers, you said a majority. Thats still a pretty bold statement for someone that bases his judgements off of what he sees on the Internet.

Also, thanks for the support, Sakari

I am all ways on the side of common sense, and education. I vow to fight ignorance and plain stupidity with facts.....We all need to stick together :)

Anytime Tyminator !

• Like 1

Why don't you check the Countries I listed, then I will give you some more.I love how people that do not live here try to bash the US. I love it even more when they use youtube videos as evidence. Statistics, not videos. Tyminator explained it perfectly.

I'm unsure whether or not I trust statistics. Again, not saying every US cop is a power-tripping nut, but many are.

Truth hurts. I'm not bashing the US. I think what your forefathers did was awesome and a testament to giving the middle finger to tyranny. However. Theres a reason cops don't like you filming them.

Edited by Insaniac

I'm unsure whether or not I trust statistics. Again, not saying every US cop is a power-tripping nut, but many are.

Truth hurts. I'm not bashing the US. I think what your forefathers did was awesome and a testament to giving the middle finger to tyranny. However. Theres a reason cops don't like you filming them.

But you use youtube videos as statistics.......Wow, I do not even need to say anything, you said it yourself.

Maybe you missed my reply on UK police brutality, and the video. I would like to think even you know it is a problem in every Country, some more then others ( and I assure you the UK and the US have the least amount of brutality issues per capita ). Police are human, and humans have issues, none are perfect no matter their profession.

At least in the US there are laws and procedures they must follow, un like many other Countries.

Either way, your mind is made up, and please take a look at my reply above......Your great UK Police are not all Angels either.....Truth hurts, ignorance is bliss.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

Maybe you missed my reply on UK police brutality, and the video. I would like to think even you know it is a problem in every Country.

Never said it wasn't a problem in every country.

Some more then others ( and I assure you the UK and the US have the least amount of brutality issues per capita ). Police are human, and humans have issues, none are perfect no matter their profession.

I think my opinion on US cops will remain the same. They're not perfect, no. However I've seen alot of American police brutality and tend to believe, therefore, alot of American police are bad apples. Theres a video of an American cop pulling a disabled (wheelchair-bound) lady out of her chair and repeatedly cracking her in the face. Would be great if it ended there.

Maybe they're not the majority, however, again theres a reasonable number of them that are on a power-trip. The video evidence is proof enough.

At least in the US there are laws and procedures they must follow, un like many other Countries.

The US isn't all it's said to be, but neither is Britain.

Either way, your mind is made up, and please take a look at my reply above......Your great UK Police are not all Angels either.....Truth hurts, ignorance is bliss.

Again, I never said the UK police were all good-doers. I saw your post. Theres still more psychopathic cops in America than in Britain. Truth does hurt, ignorance is far from bliss, however.

Take care, Sakari.

Are there any Walmart employees out there listening? I am amazed at this. I had a conversation just recently with a friend who is a Walmart employee who was really upset over the lenient policy of the store here with regard to shoplifters.

And the US is how much larger than Britain?

Anyone think of the families of the officers? Nope. Pull up some youtube videos of police funerals why don't you?

As I stated before my dad was shot FOR NO REASON other than some wife beater had expired tags. Oh wait, no CCTV to prove it though.

To boot he was off duty as a cop and working as wal-mart security. He broke wal-mart's policy and he broke the law. Yeah sure I would of be a little p***y too if I got hit in the face with a purse.. but I wouldn't chase em down and shoot them. Although that would of made one of my messy break-ups easier.

I do think of the families of the cops all the time. Stupid deaths need to be stopped. Why i like my state. Violations on tags like that you no longer get pulled over or chased down you get a letter in the mail with a fine. Just for that reason.

American cops on the majority are not psychopathic. 9 times out of 10 they are being put in to crap situations because of their job having really stupid and outdated policies. Bad policies are getting good people, on both sides of the law, killed for stupid reasons. Now that's something we all shouldn't like.

There is a difference between a person trying to deliberately run over an officer and/and an officer jumping in front of a moving vehicle to deliberately shoot someone.

There is a difference between a person trying to deliberately run over an officer and/and an officer jumping in front of a moving vehicle to deliberately shoot someone.

Did you witness it?