Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden LIED about Iraq's WMD

supercar

Look at what Democratic Vice Presidential Candidate Joe Biden said on October 10,2002:

'Saddam is dangerous. The world would be a better place without him.

But the reason he poses a growing danger to the United States and its

allies is that he possesses chemical and biological weapons'

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/ge...cid=cr10oc02-70

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• SilverCougar

• supercar

• pendora

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at what Democratic Vice Presidential Candidate Joe Biden said on October 10,2002:

'Saddam is dangerous. The world would be a better place without him.

But the reason he poses a growing danger to the United States and its

allies is that he possesses chemical and biological weapons'

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/ge...cid=cr10oc02-70

of course ! that was the info put togeather by Bushco that they got . who knew a president would lie about something so serious ?

I love this...because Biden parroted Dubya he lied...yet Dubya did not.... wonderful....

I was under the assumption that in order for something to be a lie, they must know beforehand that what they are saying is blatantly false. Everyone thought he had weapons of mass destruction. Does that mean every senator and congressmen, excluding a few, lied as well? What about the President and Vice President?

Biden LIED!!!! Biden LIED!!!!

We need investigation!!! He is in cahoots with Bush all along with the lies!!! :D

Edited by AROCES

of course ! that was the info put togeather by Bushco that they got . who knew a president would lie about something so serious ?

No that information was put together by the CIA and other intelligence agencies.

Biden's statement is also available here:

http://politicallibrary.net/library/B/Bide..._2002_10_10.htm

He was reporting something based on the intel he was given or had a report of.

No that information was put together by the CIA and other intelligence agencies.

Biden's statement is also available here:

http://politicallibrary.net/library/B/Bide..._2002_10_10.htm

yes and since then even Powell admits the administration had twisted the facts that he took before the UN . Plenty from the CIA were crying foul and from the FBI ( remember the translator FBI translator Sibel Edmonds was fired for bringing up that facts were dismissed and bad translations passed )

don't forget that lovely video clip of Powell and Rice both stating Saddam was not a threat to his neighbors nor were capable of making any WMD's

not to mention this as well -

posted September 25, 2006 at 12:30 p.m.

US intelligence report: Iraq war breeding more terrorists

White House 'strongly disagrees' with spy agencies' assessment.

By Tom Regan | csmonitor.com

A classified National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) contends that the war in Iraq has increased Islamic radicalism, and has made the terror threat around the world worse. Based on information from US government officials who had seen the document and spoke on condition of anyonymity, The New York Times reports that the NIE document, titled "Trends in Global Terrorism: Implications for the United States," says the war plays a much more direct role in the spread of Islamic radicalism around the world than has previously been indicated by the White House, or in a recent report by the US House intelligence committee.

The intelligence estimate, completed in April, is the first formal appraisal of global terrorism by US intelligence agencies since the March 2003 invasion of Iraq, and it represents a consensus view of the 16 different spy services inside government. The estimate asserts that Islamic radicalism, rather than being in retreat, has metastasized and spread around the globe.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0925/dailyUpdate.html

or this -

WASHINGTON, April 26 — George J. Tenet, the former director of central intelligence, has lashed out against Vice President Dick Cheney and other Bush administration officials in a new book, saying they pushed the country to war in Iraq without ever conducting a “serious debate” about whether Saddam Hussein posed an imminent threat to the United States.

The 549-page book, “At the Center of the Storm,” is to be published by HarperCollins on Monday. By turns accusatory, defensive, and modestly self-critical, it is the first detailed account by a member of the president’s inner circle of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the decision to invade Iraq and the failure to find the unconventional weapons that were a major justification for the war.

“There was never a serious debate that I know of within the administration about the imminence of the Iraqi threat,” Mr. Tenet writes in a devastating judgment that is likely to be debated for many years. Nor, he adds, “was there ever a significant discussion” about the possibility of containing Iraq without an invasion.

Mr. Tenet admits that he made his famous “slam dunk” remark about the evidence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. But he argues that the quote was taken out of context and that it had little impact on President Bush’s decision to go to war. He also makes clear his bitter view that the administration made him a scapegoat for the Iraq war.

A copy of the book was purchased at retail price in advance of publication by a reporter for The New York Times. Mr. Tenet described with sarcasm watching an episode of “Meet the Press” last September in which Mr. Cheney twice referred to Mr. Tenet’s “slam dunk” remark as the basis for the decision to go to war.

“I remember watching and thinking, ‘As if you needed me to say ‘slam dunk’ to convince you to go to war with Iraq,’ ” Mr. Tenet writes.

As violence in Iraq spiraled beginning in late 2003, Mr. Tenet writes, “rather than acknowledge responsibility, the administration’s message was: Don’t blame us. George Tenet and the C.I.A. got us into this mess.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/27/washington/27intel.html?hp

and lastly for now -

in 1999 , Bush then Texas governor , - "Gov. George W. Bush of Texas talks about contingencies in which he would use American military power to ''take out'' Iraq's illegal weapons" if elected president, according to a Dec. 12, 1999 editorial in the New York Times. The Times editorial was headlined Rhetoric and Reality on Iraq and it too presumed that Iraq still had weapons of mass destruction but the editorial offered no evidence.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...751C1A96F958260

seems like the boy man had ants in his pants even then for Saddam. 911 was just the excuse he needed even though evidence pointed to the contrary.

GASP! One VP canidate "LIED!" Another's teenage kid is knocked up!

HEAVENS!! Who will save us!?

GASP! One VP canidate "LIED!" Another's teenage kid is knocked up!

HEAVENS!! Who will save us!?

Remember you asked. Christ.

Remember you asked. Christ.

Sarcasm just soars right over you, dunnit?

And given this isn't a theological topic..

He was reporting something based on the intel he was given or had a report of.

I agree. Based on the intelligence reports(or lack of intelligence), how could anyone not think Saddam had WMD's or were a threat to his neighbors? Given what we knew(or thought we knew) at the time, Biden isn't a liar.

and since then even Powell admits the administration had twisted the facts that he took before the UN.

I will always be a huge fan of Powell. I think it was Bush/Cheney who lied, and set Powell up.

What I have always wondered is just how much Bush/Cheney lied, or if they too were misled by the intelligence reports. To really look into this, we have to take off our biased glasses and see it objectively. Just to be clear before I go further, I'm not about to spend my time researching every story for the past 10-15 years about the matter, but wasn't a lot of the 'intelligence' based on 'information' gathered from the previous administration? This is not taking a swing at Clinton, but didn't he agree with Bush, and wasn't there a close relative of Saddams who 'defected' to the U.S. with information about WMD's during the Clinton or Bush sr years? And wasn't there similar reports from other international intelligence agencies basically claiming the same thing?

Perhaps Bush/Cheney were misled, and are also 'victims' of this false intelligence. For the record, I believe Bush/Cheney did lie, and somehow manipulated the intelligence, but based on my previous paragraph, could they have at least been partially mislead? :blink:

I agree. Based on the intelligence reports(or lack of intelligence), how could anyone not think Saddam had WMD's or were a threat to his neighbors? Given what we knew(or thought we knew) at the time, Biden isn't a liar.

I will always be a huge fan of Powell. I think it was Bush/Cheney who lied, and set Powell up.

What I have always wondered is just how much Bush/Cheney lied, or if they too were misled by the intelligence reports. To really look into this, we have to take off our biased glasses and see it objectively. Just to be clear before I go further, I'm not about to spend my time researching every story for the past 10-15 years about the matter, but wasn't a lot of the 'intelligence' based on 'information' gathered from the previous administration? This is not taking a swing at Clinton, but didn't he agree with Bush, and wasn't there a close relative of Saddams who 'defected' to the U.S. with information about WMD's during the Clinton or Bush sr years? And wasn't there similar reports from other international intelligence agencies basically claiming the same thing?

Perhaps Bush/Cheney were misled, and are also 'victims' of this false intelligence. For the record, I believe Bush/Cheney did lie, and somehow manipulated the intelligence, but based on my previous paragraph, could they have at least been partially mislead? :blink:

I like Powell. I too believe he was just following orders , set up. to really look into this records need to be released . All those emails that have gone 'missing' . People need to be questioned under oath without the president cloaking them and refusing. And that needs to be weighed against the what those who have come forward saying it was all cherry picked and ignored. As well as the documents that are out there that need to be brought back into light - like the Downing memo , Blix's report , the fact that Bushco pulled Blix out just before the final report concluding there was no WMD's , ect ........ take all that with the likes of Powell before a judicial system that is neutral = Bush would be behind bars.

It seems Bush didn't want to see any intel that ran contrary to what he wanted - that's what Wilson and Plamegate was all about.