Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#91    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Spoiler

Other than that, great first episode! Really need to re read the books.

Posted Image

#92    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

I watched the first episode and loved it... A week ago I hadn't heard of 'Game of Thrones' and I have managed to watch season 1 & 2 all week back to back, finally watching the last episode of season 2 on Saturday, evening.

Its been like one long movie for me, with everything fresh before I went into the next episode and now I have to wait a week before the next one.. How dare they.

Posted Image

#93    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,339 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

I Don't watch the last two seasons too quickly, I got season one in Jan and only just finished it about 2 weeks ago

#94    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler tags just to be sure.

Edited by Queen in the North, 02 April 2013 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

#95    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,619 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 02 April 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Spoiler

Other than that, great first episode! Really need to re read the books.

I saw that too and his partner was missing as well.  Obviously they aren't following the books all that closely, just too much to put into a few episodes but I still think the screenwriters have done a superb job.

"Embrace the suck"

#96    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,619 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 02 April 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler tags just to be sure.

Maybe next week,  They left the north early on so I think they will come back and show it.  
Spoiler

"Embrace the suck"

#97    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 02 April 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

What i have done is watched season one, stored the characters images in my head and voices. Then I read the book and pictured the book in my head and read the book like the TV versions. So when there is speech in the book I read them in their voices and picture the setting

I actually did that too haha. I watched the first season, enjoyed it so much I bought the book and read that. Then bought the second book and tried to read it all by the time the second season came out. Got a bit sidetracked and ended up just watching the season instead of reading the rest of the book.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#98    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,619 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostDKO, on 03 April 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

I actually did that too haha. I watched the first season, enjoyed it so much I bought the book and read that. Then bought the second book and tried to read it all by the time the second season came out. Got a bit sidetracked and ended up just watching the season instead of reading the rest of the book.

Completely natural.  I read the half the Aubrey, Maturin series before the movie "Master and Commander" came out and the last half of the series and the second time around I pictured the actors every time.  LOTR and The GOT as well.  We just can't help ourselves, especially when the show is well made as the above examples were.  Our amazing brains at work, I guess.  It strives for images and when one is offered our brains consume it over what we had pictured before without regard.

Edited by Merc14, 03 April 2013 - 02:05 AM.

"Embrace the suck"

#99    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostMerc14, on 02 April 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Maybe next week,  They left the north early on so I think they will come back and show it.  
Spoiler

I hope so!

Spoiler

Posted Image

#100    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,133 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

I've got a friend of mine who's staying at my place for a night or two.  We were just on television, nothing really on that we were interested in, so I asked him if he'd heard of Game of Thrones.  He had no idea what it was so I've started at Season 1 again with him.  Every five minutes, I hear him mutter, "Damn", "awesome", "wha--", and other similar phrases.  I think he likes it :P

@ Queen in the North -

Spoiler

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#101    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 03 April 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

I've got a friend of mine who's staying at my place for a night or two.  We were just on television, nothing really on that we were interested in, so I asked him if he'd heard of Game of Thrones.  He had no idea what it was so I've started at Season 1 again with him.  Every five minutes, I hear him mutter, "Damn", "awesome", "wha--", and other similar phrases.  I think he likes it :P

@ Queen in the North -

Spoiler

Hahaha   I know aht that feels like. :tu:

Posted Image

#102    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,814 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

I don't really watch tv much but I've become addicted to this show.  It's really great! I haven't read the books or even seen the first season so some of the storyline / character backgrounds I'm lost with, but I started watching the second season last week and just finished last night. I also had to watch the first episode of the 3rd season right away because I couldn't be left hanging like that. So....I guess now I've got to find the first season and start at the beginning. haha

#103    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,619 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

View Postsarah_444, on 03 April 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

I don't really watch tv much but I've become addicted to this show.  It's really great! I haven't read the books or even seen the first season so some of the storyline / character backgrounds I'm lost with, but I started watching the second season last week and just finished last night. I also had to watch the first episode of the 3rd season right away because I couldn't be left hanging like that. So....I guess now I've got to find the first season and start at the beginning. haha

Try and watch the first season as it was very good and answers a lot of questions ytou may have but I don't want to spoil it for you by divulging.  :innocent:

"Embrace the suck"

#104    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,339 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

How do i create a Spoiler button?

#105    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 04 April 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

How do i create a Spoiler button?

[ spoiler ]  Write your juicy spoiler here [ spoiler / ]   << This with no spaces to give...

Spoiler

:)

Edited by Queen in the North, 04 April 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users