Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirit Animal and Karate

Brown_Cub

I haven't posted anything in a while..but something came across.mind.I am considering taking karate,but my mom doesn't have the money right now..so I've decided to train myself...but not the traditional way.I am fairly connected to my spirit animal phana (brown bear cub) and her environment.. and I started thinking if I train in the way of my spirit animal and it's environment would that be ok or would it be disrespectful to my guide?

Ways i could train;

Meditation

Practie

very basic knowledge of karate

Guides to help me train:

Forest/tree

Spirit Animal

• Like 1

Umm...not to be overly confrontational but exactly how is a bear going to help you in karate? In real life bears just tackle, bite and maul. They don't karate kick, do hand chops or all the stuff that humans invented as part of the martial arts.

Just curious.

• Like 1

They don't karate kick, do hand chops or all the stuff that humans invented as part of the martial arts.

Correction, they don't ALL do karate.

• Like 3

i meant it as in i could use the spirit of the bear and the forest to help me do karate..i would fight in the spirirt of a bear or in the spirit of a tree of forest.Like how trees sway gracefully for the wind for example slow and gentle..

• Like 1

Christmas school holidays.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i meant it as in i could use the spirit of the bear and the forest to help me do karate..i would fight in the spirirt of a bear or in the spirit of a tree of forest.Like how trees sway gracefully for the wind for example slow and gentle..

I recommend five animal chi gong first if you want the energetic side of martial arts. See if there is a martial arts club at your school. If you really want to train and can't afford it. Don't call but visit your local martial arts schools and tell them that you will clean their school in trade for lesson. Tell them you can't aford it but really want to and are willing to work for it. If they are not a Mc dojo and a thoughtful master instructor to s things, you will find a place. Good luck.

• Like 2

WCF

You aren't seriously suggesting that the OP should wax the guy's car, are you?

(OP: actually, WCF's suggestions are good ones. A great guru, Woody Allen, once taught "70% of success is showing up." Show up where karate happens, and see what happens for you. I like the bear cub, thing, too. Best wishes,)

• Like 1

WCF

You aren't seriously suggesting that the OP should wax the guy's car, are you?

(OP: actually, WCF's suggestions are good ones. A great guru, Woody Allen, once taught "70% of success is showing up." Show up where karate happens, and see what happens for you. I like the bear cub, thing, too. Best wishes,)

Absolutely. Remember my friend I own a martial arts school, I have done this for many teenagers and families over the years. Even during the economic crash people that were going to stop becuse of finances, I wouldn't let them. Money isn't really an issue and the good will generated is by far more valuable in terms of reputation than anything they can pay me. Everyone that has trained for trade at my school has been far more valuable than the people that do pay. Many end up being valuable employees and life friends. Early on in my life i couldn't aford it either, that's why I have been teaching at and cleaning Dojos since I was ten years old. Now I'm the master and can pay it forward. I would absolutely give this guy a shot. And I think any martial arts school owner worth his salt would also.

One family that started on trade is my back bone. The little girl is now mymost valuable instructor and athlete, she is 17 now, and the mom even though she isn't required to assist me anymore looks after me like my own mother. She makes sure I'm organized and clean at the dojo, takes care of half my book Keeping, pokes at me when I'm dropping the ball on something, brings me tea and coffee when I'm teaching, does everything she can to support me and not just the school... Me personally. She is one of the only people that knows I have OBEs all the time, and knows when I'm struggling with something. I don't know what id do without her.

Another kid that started on trade built my fence, installed my toilets. He ended up working for me, then because he was so awesome and valuable I bought him his first car ( nothing special). I actaully fired him becuse he ended up in engineering schoo (I require all my kids that have graduated high school that work for me to sign an agreement that they will maintain a 3.0 or better at either JC or local university)l and I knew he needed other kinds of experiences. He finished school invented a new device for construction and now owns his own corporation. :) and he is only in his mid twenties. He is kind a gangly has a big beard now to hide the acne scarring on his face and is suffering from early severe baldness, and ........ Just last month he maried an inteligent model quality beautiful young women. Sorry I'm just proud of him. He started as a poor greece monkey kid geting picked on because he had long rocker hair and his first name is also a girls name. --- ladies if you are listening stick with the smart ones---

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 2