Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange ability?

brharr45244

This will be my first post as part of this community, and I am very excited to hopefully get some answers.

I will start out with when I was a child, because that seems to be where it usually begins for everyone. I was very quiet as a child, in fact I wouldn't speak until I was 4. Even then I was considered a "weird" kid. I loved people watching, and would happily watch people going about their day, including freaking my mother out when I would quietly follow behind her for long periods of time before she would notice, and even standing by her bedside until she woke up (I know, I was a horror movie child). I would write strange things on the wall under my bed, most of it not making any sense.

The strangest thing was every once in a while, I would get these vivid dreams where I would watch as someone went about their day. I would remember exactly what these people looked like and tell my mother, and she would show me a picture of some deceased relative and that would be them. It didn't happen often, but I saw my great aunt who died in the 70's, my mother's grandmother, and her own mother who died in 1985. I was born in 1996. My dreams would show a scene from their time period, and they would just carry on a normal day, like I was watching a memory. During my grandmother's dream, I was able to describe the house my mother grew up in, despite never having been there.

My grandpa died when I was little, and I remember going to his viewing, and being in the room with his body with my mother. She was very upset and was crying, but I couldn't find it in me to cry or even be sad. I told my mother "You shouldn't be sad, he's not there anymore." When she prodded, I explained that he was "empty." I think after this, she started thinking I had some sort of gift.

I had many incidents where I knew someone had died, such as when our family friend's mother died. I was around middle school-aged, and I went into the car after school and told my mom, "we need to visit them again soon," even though we hadn't seen them in years. The next day, their mother died, and even though they were in a different city, I could feel that they were hurt.

Now my mom, at this point, was a firm believer, but the rest of my family thought it was ridiculous. I thought it was too, until this happened two years ago. My grandma fell very ill, and was having to go from hospitals to nursing homes, and the transitions were making her mind very poor. During this time, I also got very mentally ill, and I felt severely depressed and anxious. I was always scared about what would happened, and I was honestly afraid I would die. It got to the point where I was suicidal over these feelings. I always felt this weight on me, and it hurt me. This went on for two months, and I was still having to go to school, where my friends even noticed how strange I was acting. I remember sitting in math class right before lunch, and then extremely suddenly, at exactly 11:55, I felt the weight just go away, and I felt so good and happy and relieved. I was able to smile for the first time in months and I just felt light as air. The reason I knew that specific time was because I looked at the clock right at that moment, excited to tell my parents about it. When I got in the car with my mother to go home, she asked me how I was feeling, and I said, "As of 11:55, I feel better than I ever have before," and she just started crying. We went home and my parents called me into the family room. My dad asked if that was the time I felt better, which I of course said yes, and he started crying as well. Turns out that morning, at 11:53, my grandma had passed away.

It almost felt like she was making me feel everything she was feeling for those months, which was loneliness, sadness, and fear, but at that time, she had me feel such a calmness and joy that it made up for everything we felt those months. I feel I know what the afterlife feels like, and it feels so wonderful and free. The same thing happened at her viewing. I saw her body, and I couldn't cry, and my mother looked at me and said "Is she empty?" and I could tell she was so relieved when I said yes.

I know this is such a long, long post, but it has been happening all my life, and please bear with me a little bit longer. I would like to share some stories from my mother's side. She has a huge black book filled with pictures and stories and family trees from her side that I love to read, and there were some very strange things in them. I'm not sure if it means anything, but I would like to point out that my mother's side is from Native American decent.

I'll keep these short and sweet. One ancestor I had in the 1900's people believed was crazy. She had a cluster of freckles on her arm that she claimed was from a gunshot wound she had sustained in a previous life. She believed she was chosen by God to be reincarnated so she could share her teachings with others. I had another ancestor from the 1800's who lost her hand when she was very young in a mule-drawn sugar cane mill. They buried it in a cow pasture, and the stories state that she would scream about cows stepping on her hand despite being no where near that pasture nor having any known recollection that her hand was buried there. Apparently she was also known to talk to "phantoms," and could also feel other people's emotions. My mother's grandmother was known for also seeing these "phantoms," and my mother said she would always talk to walls and even got after my mother for interrupting one of her "conversations."

My mother is a very superstitious person, and does believe I have some sort of ability, but I have to doubt it, just like I'm sure the majority of you have. I just would like to know if anyone else has similar stories or if whatever this is even has a label? I am also curious if it is common to be a family trait, or maybe just a coincidence.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I apologize for the length!

Edited by brharr45244
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there, brharr45244. Welcome to UM :st

Your story is very interesting. Could I refer you to a post I made earlier today on a similar theme, which you may find interesting? It's in the 'Metaphysics & Psychic Phenomena' forum, in a thread titled: 'Please help me with this number', on page 3, post number 40.