Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Explain this one to me...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Postbison, on 10 March 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

I know that the flashes might be seen in the daytime. They should still be more obvious at night. I still believe that they would not flash in the middle of the night, due to the satellite being in Earth's shadow. That was my main point, in connection with the 1:15 a.m. report of an unidentified flash of light.
Again, check data for Iridium's, a snapshot of upcoming flares for my location
Attached File  Iridium.gif   72.57K   10 downloads

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#17    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,922 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostCT1993, on 10 March 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

Was totally a UFO lmao most people on this site are afraid to even use the word but if it came from a stationary object not flying across the sky (like a meteorite would) and there was no weather conditions that would make it ball lightning,.... it was a UFO man.

If you eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

By the way i think it's funny how people on this site are so quick to dismiss UFO's and especially an alien UFO but they will mention Ball lightning. I mean first off it's not a scientifically proven thing, so Ball lightning may not even exist! but Math shows that aliens surly do exist not to mention the millions of reports of UFO's, Abductions and cattle mutilations. I personally don't believe in Ball lightning because when you think about it why would lightning make a ball anyways!?!? and how would it?!?. Anyways that's just my two cents.

Peace - CT

It was a UFO.....

UFO = " Unidentified Flying Object "

Not one person here said it is not that. We are giving rational, and realistic explanations of things that we know exist, and that we know are misidentified as a alien space ship.

People need to educate themselves, not sure who to blame, other then people using television shows to educate themselves.

" UFO " does not mean a alien ship...... :no:

You need to research more on ball lightning, and " cow mutilations ".....Learn grasshopper, learn.

Also, where does math prove aliens exist?

Edited by Sakari, 10 March 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thats interesting actually! I saw something very similar once when i was a teenager! I was walking with a friend in outter eastern melbourne at around 11 one night. Same thing, it was a flash of bright blue light that lit the entire sky coming from a circle shape that burned into my vision. All the power in the industrial state flashed off.... I just chopped it up to lightning, silent, blue, circular lightning...

#19    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 10 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Again, check data for Iridium's, a snapshot of upcoming flares for my location
Attachment Iridium.gif
Yes, checked your table of Iridium flashes. All occur with the Sun either above the horizon or no more than 29 degree below the horizon. For those with the Sun below the horizon, that's within just under two hours after sunset or before sunrise. The Sun altitude is given in the last column on the right.

Edited by bison, 10 March 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#20    CT1993

CT1993

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• With a Force that can't be compared, to any firepower, for it's mind power shared

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostSakari, on 10 March 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

It was a UFO.....

Not one person here said it is not that. We are giving rational, and realistic explanations of things that we know exist, and that we know are misidentified as a alien space ship.

People need to educate themselves, not sure who to blame, other then people using television shows to educate themselves.

You need to research more on ball lightning, and " cow mutilations ".....Learn grasshopper, learn.

View PostSakari, on 10 March 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

It was a UFO.....

Yes i heard it all before i research this stuff all the time, i too don't just believe what the TV say's i look it up and see where they get the facts from and come to my own conclusion.

And as for the math have you ever heard of Drakes equation? The mathmatical equation used to determine how much extraterestial life can be detected in The Milky Way Galaxy.

#21    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,922 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostCT1993, on 10 March 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Yes i heard it all before i research this stuff all the time, i too don't just believe what the TV say's i look it up and see where they get the facts from and come to my own conclusion.

And as for the math have you ever heard of Drakes equation? The mathmatical equation used to determine how much extraterestial life can be detected in The Milky Way Galaxy.

The " equation " you are talking about is other planets that can sustain life. There is no math equation that says there are sophisticated humanoids, reptilians, or any other civilaztion building flying saucers to visit Earth. Traveling from any of these solar systems to earth is a entire math equation itself. One that is not what " fits " what people think about us being visited all the time.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#22    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

• ...they keep us doped with religion and sex and tv...and we think we're so clever and classless and free...

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

The Drake equation was never meant as a mathmatical definite,merely as a tool for discussion.

"you oughta be in here looking out"

#23    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,807 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

So ITa all about how one Looks at it ? An Alien could very well be who Flys a UFO,just as can a Human flys a UFO. So there you would have UFO = Alien Pilot,or any guess to whom Flys it ? There now you can See that its all in the way one wishes to Look at it.
ANd Welcome "RaisingCain" UFO`s Look just as Kool from Down under too ! :tu:
justDONTEATUS

This is a Work in Progress!

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,259 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostRaisingCain, on 09 March 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Why? Because we'd just seen a flash in the sky, come from a centralized ball of light. It was bright enough to light up the whole god-damn sky, but then it was gone as quickly as it came.

Hi RaisingCain

Sorry to snip the rest, but wanted to focus on this, was it fairly instantaneous? You red description of "red" and "lightning" had me thinking of atmospheric sprites, which  tend to be reddish orange sometimes with blue tendrils hanging below, whilst their duration is very brief, long duration is considered tens of seconds. They do put on an impressive light show, often preceded by a halo before the discharge. Could this be what you have seen?

This is a sprite photographed from the ISS

Posted Image

This is an amateur capture - see the red string leading to the luminous discharge? As I said very short duration, this I think is a very luck capture.

Posted Image

And the illustrations of what they would look like of we could freeze one complete with halo

Posted Image

Candidate maybe?

Cheers, and welcome to UM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#25    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,259 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

Was totally a UFO lmao most people on this site are afraid to even use the word but if it came from a stationary object not flying across the sky (like a meteorite would) and there was no weather conditions that would make it ball lightning,.... it was a UFO man.

Yes at this point in time it is a UFO, and I do not think anyone here has a problems with that? Let's see a show of hands for anyone who says this is not a UFO.

If you eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

More appropriate than you realise. As Sherlock Holmes is indeed a fictional character.

By the way i think it's funny how people on this site are so quick to dismiss UFO's and especially an alien UFO but they will mention Ball lightning. I mean first off it's not a scientifically proven thing, so Ball lightning may not even exist! but Math shows that aliens surly do exist not to mention the millions of reports of UFO's, Abductions and cattle mutilations. I personally don't believe in Ball lightning because when you think about it why would lightning make a ball anyways!?!? and how would it?!?. Anyways that's just my two cents.

Peace - CT

ET is heavily questioned because the main source of information seems to be entertainment mediums and crackpots. There are not millions of reports, and certainly none verified, they are just claims, also known as stories. Do you honestly think that every person who says they have seen an alien has?

Why would ball lighting be round? Why is everything round? From stars and planets down to atoms. Attraction.

View PostCT1993, on 10 March 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Have you heard of Fermi's paradox?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#26    RaisingCain

RaisingCain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 March 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

Hi RaisingCain

Sorry to snip the rest, but wanted to focus on this, was it fairly instantaneous? You red description of "red" and "lightning" had me thinking of atmospheric sprites, which  tend to be reddish orange sometimes with blue tendrils hanging below, whilst their duration is very brief, long duration is considered tens of seconds. They do put on an impressive light show, often preceded by a halo before the discharge. Could this be what you have seen?

This is a sprite photographed from the ISS

Posted Image

This is an amateur capture - see the red string leading to the luminous discharge? As I said very short duration, this I think is a very luck capture.

Posted Image

And the illustrations of what they would look like of we could freeze one complete with halo

Posted Image

Candidate maybe?

I really don't know on this one.

What I saw was a perfectly round sphere, with no tendrils or anything coming off it. There was no sound, nothing. It was fairly close too, so it's not like it was off on the horizon or anything. Lightning didn't seem to fit, because it was only slightly over cast for as far as we could see.

None of us were drinking, we were all in sound mind and body. I just found it weird, and would rather get anothers opinion before I write it off as something 'unexplained'.

Love is just chemical. The meaning, that's the choice.

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,259 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostRaisingCain, on 11 March 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

I really don't know on this one.

What I saw was a perfectly round sphere, with no tendrils or anything coming off it. There was no sound, nothing. It was fairly close too, so it's not like it was off on the horizon or anything. Lightning didn't seem to fit, because it was only slightly over cast for as far as we could see.

None of us were drinking, we were all in sound mind and body. I just found it weird, and would rather get anothers opinion before I write it off as something 'unexplained'.

If it was fairly colse, and the light duration was over a second, very probably not, but considering the sheer size these things can be, I figured it was a possibility. I got a very different impression when you said:

we'd just seen a flash in the sky, come from a centralized ball of light. It was bright enough to light up the whole god-damn sky,

Which really does not sound close at all. No need for lightning, storm fronts can run for many kilometers, and these can be on any edge of it. Tendrils are not always visible either. But if it is more precises than the above description in retrospect, then perhaps what about Ghost lights? As in the Marfa/Min Min Hessdalen type phenomena?

Duration and colour certainly indicate natural phenomena, I suspect this would be the path to tread on this one.

#28    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,982 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostSakari, on 10 March 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

The " equation " you are talking about is other planets that can sustain life. There is no math equation that says there are sophisticated humanoids, reptilians, or any other civilaztion building flying saucers to visit Earth. Traveling from any of these solar systems to earth is a entire math equation itself. One that is not what " fits " what people think about us being visited all the time.

Hello Sakari,

I am suprised some of our resident sceptics missed this one :unsure2:

The equation is as CT1993 said and not as you suggest. You suggest it is only to measure 'planets that can sustain life'.....this is not correct, the equation is to see how many 'planets' could potentially house 'advanced civilisations' able to be contacted through radio technology not just planets that may house primitive life.

You are right that there is no equation that says 'There is no math equation that says there are sophisticated humanoids, reptilians, or any other civilaztion building flying saucers to visit Earth'

however I believe CT1993 said the equation was to 'The mathmatical equation used to determine how much extraterestial life can be detected in The Milky Way Galaxy' which is mostly correct, so not sure as to why the response to include reptilians and flying saucers
:tu:

#29    MrY

MrY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Perhaps a satellite?

#30    RaisingCain

RaisingCain

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

A friend of mine, one of the two that were with me, has been looking into it. He believes the phenomena we saw was Heat Lightning.

Love is just chemical. The meaning, that's the choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users