Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Endangered whale used for Japan dog treats

dog treats michinoku farm icelandic hunters whale endangered

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,287 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Meat from endangered whales caught by Icelandic hunters is being sold in Japan as luxury dog treats, environmental campaigners said Tuesday.

Michinoku Farm, a Tokyo-based company, is offering chews made from North Atlantic fin whales on its company website, with the meat described as a "low calorie, low fat, high protein" snack.

http://www.theage.co...0528-2n989.html

Posted Image

#2    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

I don't understand how such an advanced culture with so much technology and societal structures can be so barbaric just under the surface. Japan is like a paradox country

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#3    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

What is it with the Japanese and whaling?

#4    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

I don't get it. Someone should post ships and shoot the people who shoot at the whales. I'm so sick of this loophole mentality or flat out ignoring bans. Time to show them what NO means! :gun:
ARRGH!

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,500 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Hey guys and gals, read the headline would ya?

Meat from endangered whales caught by Icelandic hunters is being sold in Japan as luxury dog treats, environmental campaigners said Tuesday.

And at the link

"As Iceland prepares to hunt over 180 fin whales in 2013 for this export market, NGOs question the environmental and economic logic of using meat from an endangered species for the manufacture of dog treats."

Japan did not catch these whales, Iceland did. Japan just bought excess meat from them cheap enough to make dog treats.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 May 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Hey guys and gals, read the headline would ya?

And at the link

"As Iceland prepares to hunt over 180 fin whales in 2013 for this export market, NGOs question the environmental and economic logic of using meat from an endangered species for the manufacture of dog treats."

Japan did not catch these whales, Iceland did. Japan just bought excess meat from them cheap enough to make dog treats.
So if I knowingly buy chopped up kidnapped-kid-meat I'm absolved of responsibility because I didn't kidnap them.   Genius.

Iceland needs to be handed its own ass in court along with Japan.

Edited by Yamato, 29 May 2013 - 03:09 PM.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#7    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostYamato, on 29 May 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

So if I buy chopped up kidnapped-kid-meat I'm absolved of responsibility because I didn't kidnap them.   Genius.
What an accurate comparison! :rolleyes:

The Japanese did not do anything illegal.

#8    jpjoe

jpjoe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Speaking of... Just when dolphins got recognized as non-human persons.

#9    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

View Postjpjoe, on 29 May 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Speaking of... Just when dolphins got recognized as non-human persons.
By India, not generally.

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 29 May 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

What an accurate comparison! :rolleyes:

The Japanese did not do anything illegal.
Yes they do.  They are criminals, in violation of multiple laws.  The day the Australian Navy shows up on the horizon in front of Hirohito's new fleet is the day Japanese whalers' illegal activities end.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#11    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostYamato, on 29 May 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Yes they do.  They are criminals, in violation of multiple laws.  The day the Australian Navy shows up on the horizon in front of Hirohito's new fleet is the day Japanese whalers' illegal activities end.
We've had this discussion before. Should I copy and paste the old thread?

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 29 May 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

We've had this discussion before. Should I copy and paste the old thread?
I'm just making sure we have a consensus here and that you're aware of the color and the letter of the laws that Japan is breaking, which I've pointed out already on prior threads.   If so, there's no need to copy and paste prior threads.

#13    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hypocrites...hypocrites everywhere.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#14    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

the dogs don't care how expensive their snack is.  Seems silly to feed them something so exotic and expensive.  A lot like wealthy people eating gold flakes in ice cream.  Showing off.

#15    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,601 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 29 May 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

the dogs don't care how expensive their snack is.  Seems silly to feed them something so exotic and expensive.  A lot like wealthy people eating gold flakes in ice cream.  Showing off.
Or consuming shark fin soup at weddings because one day it's going to be 100x more expensive than it is now and it really will be showing off.   "No soup for you!" comes to mind.   It's a great way to indoctrinate people to demand it by entangling it up in the institution of marriage like that.   Why I'll come off as anti-marriage for opposing shark poachers once Asians are indoctrinated enough into eating it.   I couldn't have seen that one coming...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users