Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did volcanoes kill the dinosaurs ?

Saru

A new study has suggested that volcanic activity was responsible for wiping out the dinosaurs.

The findings, presented Wednesday (Dec. 5) here at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union, are the latest volley in an ongoing debate over whether an asteroid or volcanism killed off the dinosaurs about 65 million years ago in the mass die-off known as the K-T extinction.

arrow3.gifRead more...

The Deccan Traps were responsible for the Permain extiction I have been led to believe not the KT extintion which one was it.

That is quit possible or it could of been a combination of things. I don't think we will ever know for sure until it happens to us.

One thing's for sure, something killed them. Which (ironically) was a very good thing for us humans (we might not exist otherwise).

Who's to say at the time of the KT event there was an intense meteor storm.

So the one that landed outside the Yucatan peninsula could still have struck.

But a smaller one could have struck this volcano at roughly the same time.

The rock wouldn't have even to be that big if it's strikes at a specific part.

The sediment evidence dosn't lie because I'm refusing to let go of the comet explanation.

It's ironic because volcanoes stopped the earth becoming a permanent snowball.

Btw if the dinosaurs hadn't died out the reptilians would be standing on two feet.

Not that I'm sticking up for David Icke...

Never put 100% faith in science. They could always change there minds. Now go find little grey people. LOL

Never put 100% faith in science. They could always change there minds. Now go find little grey people. LOL

LOL.. I agree.Actually there are some different stories of how dinosaurs died and this volcanic stuff is one of that which i have read before many days.

I want to hope in a time machine and go back and see the dinosaurs and the world they lived in. That would be pretty interesting. I'd have to bring some pepper spray or something to keep those b******* from eating me.

Maybe it was both the vlocanoes and the comet stike. Who truely knows to right answer. The KT barrier could different in time

I want to hope in a time machine and go back and see the dinosaurs and the world they lived in. That would be pretty interesting. I'd have to bring some pepper spray or something to keep those b******* from eating me.

Well that something will have to be a rocket launcher...

This isn't some back-alley mugger your coming face to face with.

We are talking about vicious creatures with claws,teeth and really bad breath.

You've got raptors who are crafty and hang around in packs.

You've got T-Rex that big ball of meat-tearing rage and hatred.

You have even got death from the skies in the form of pterodactyl's.

However there is some gentle giants like Brontosaurus.

If you do go back make sure you get some transportation like a Sherman tank.

I suggest if you just carry pepper spray you should really know how to run.

Edited by Walnut Whip

Well that something will have to be a rocket launcher...

This isn't some back-alley mugger your coming face to face with.

We are talking about vicious creatures with claws,teeth and really bad breath.

You've got raptors who are crafty and hang around in packs.

You've got T-Rex that big ball of meat-tearing rage and hatred.

You have even got death from the skies in the form of pterodactyl's.

However there is some gentle giants like Brontosaurus.

If you do go back make sure you get some transportation like a Sherman tank.

I suggest if you just carry pepper spray you should really know how to run.

Well damn. I suppose I will have to replan my whole trip nao. FFS.

Okay so purchase a rocket launcher and other peace offerings. Gotcha.

Did I mention I am allergic to walnuts? Maybe I should have in my introduction post....

You just stay over there, I don't want any trouble.

• Like 1

Well damn. I suppose I will have to replan my whole trip nao. FFS.

Okay so purchase a rocket launcher and other peace offerings. Gotcha.

Did I mention I am allergic to walnuts? Maybe I should have in my introduction post....

You just stay over there, I don't want any trouble.

I suggest if you want to use a time machine I would go forwards instead of back.

You can name any period of Earth history and none of them are stable.

In the Middle Ages and the Stuart period you could be condemned as a witch just for using a time machine.

If your really lucky you might end up a serving wrench provided your not burned at the stake.

I know it dosn't paint a pretty picture but tbh it would be better if you stay where you are.

I'm as curious about the dinosaurs as you but we'll just have to use our imagination atm.

You don't need to worry about me. I'm no troublemaker.

In fact I'm pretty upset your allergic to walnuts. Never mind.

• Like 1

I suggest if you want to use a time machine I would go forwards instead of back.

You can name any period of Earth history and none of them are stable.

In the Middle Ages and the Stuart period you could be condemned as a witch just for using a time machine.

If your really lucky you might end up a serving wrench provided your not burned at the stake.

I know it dosn't paint a pretty picture but tbh it would be better if you stay where you are.

I'm as curious about the dinosaurs as you but we'll just have to use our imagination atm.

You don't need to worry about me. I'm no troublemaker.

In fact I'm pretty upset your allergic to walnuts. Never mind.

Can't I just go for like an hour?

Actually, forget it. I am extremely clumsy, my luck I'll hit the wrong button on that damn thing and it will send me into the ice age. I'm not a fan of cold **** (stuff).

too afraid of the future to even look really...

I'll stay here in my warm bed and look at pictures of dinosaurs. You talked me into it.

Edited by eunoia

Some alien species have killed them and these aliens tried to make their living here on Earth but failed. Because these aliens soon realized that there were thousands of living organisms here that they cannot adopt with. Hmmm, my story I think is more credible than these scientist. So wait for my book.

Edited by brainiac

LOL.. I agree.Actually there are some different stories of how dinosaurs died and this volcanic stuff is one of that which i have read before many days.

True science has had many theories but the asteroid impact seems to be the theory that is most widely accepted.

Now it would seem science is having second thoughts. It wouldn't surprise me if they change their minds on the

Big Bang that created the universe.

Maybe it was both the vlocanoes and the comet stike. Who truely knows to right answer. The KT barrier could different in time

I`m incline to think both, I guess you can`t have a massive asteroid hit with out setting off a few volcanos.:)

The Deccan Traps were responsible for the Permain extiction I have been led to believe not the KT extintion which one was it.

The eruption of the Deccan traps has been dated to the right time for the KT extinction. The eruption of the Siberian traps occured at around the same time as the end-Permian extinction.

There's long been debate about what killed off the dinosaurs. You've got two major events occurring around the same time. Either one, or a combination of both, could have been enough. The general consensus though is that it was the Chicxulub impact that had the most profound effect.

The eruption of the Deccan traps has been dated to the right time for the KT extinction. The eruption of the Siberian traps occured at around the same time as the end-Permian extinction.

There's long been debate about what killed off the dinosaurs. You've got two major events occurring around the same time. Either one, or a combination of both, could have been enough. The general consensus though is that it was the Chicxulub impact that had the most profound effect.

I think it was the date. 21 December 2 (add your own zeroes) and 12. B)