Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark figure spotted in Ewell

Karlis

Paranormal experts and monster hunters have been queuing up to give their interpretation of a mysterious "dark figure with no features" spotted in Ewell last month. arrow3.gifRead more...

I remember reading about spring hill jack years ago and thought it would make a really creepy movie. Still do.

• Like 2

Bout damn time. Took 25 years to get that spring back in my step. Granted, I was only newly removed from the womb when last the straights caught sight of me, but I finally did nab that old shadow of mine.

I always did like to play the rake. From here on out, you'll never catch me off my heel, or flatfooted at that. Not with this arch of Zeus, at any rate.

I have always loved the Spring Heeled Jack legends. This is extremely interesting.

Edited by DKST

Isn't Jeepers Creepers supposed to be loosely based around the Spring Heeled Jack legend? If you haven't seen the movie, you haven't missed much.

• Like 1

Spring heeled jack is an alien! with power jet boots that make him go fast...

I use to live in Ewell, the area they say they saw it is quite brightly lit so they should have got a pretty good look at it. Very interesting

Some individuals have the most wild imaginations. :tu:

Isn't Jeepers Creepers supposed to be loosely based around the Spring Heeled Jack legend? If you haven't seen the movie, you haven't missed much.

Haven't seen it. I like to see creepy done right. Not horror just creepy, seems like that rarely happens. At least for me. I remember a lot of creepy stuff as a kid, but no doubt that was because I was a kid :)

Hoorah!

It's about time he made a comeback.

what is a spring heeled jack? the article doesnt really tell us and I have never heard of it. It also doesnt tell us what the witnesses really say they saw....just that they were terrified.....what the heck is it?

what is a spring heeled jack? the article doesnt really tell us and I have never heard of it. It also doesnt tell us what the witnesses really say they saw....just that they were terrified.....what the heck is it?

The British version...

http://www.thecobrasnose.com/xxghost/shj.html

Across the Pond...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Heeled_Jack_USA

• Like 1

harleyblueswoman you could of simply typed Spring Heeled Jack into Google, but since you asked I shall reply.

Basically, in Victorian Britain a young woman was walking home one night when she saw a man (now I might be wrong here) leaning against a wall, she walked past and went to her front door but turned around to offer help, the 'man' suddenly jumped at her and started slashing her with claws, breathed fire and tried to kiss her (I believe) her screams alerted other walkers home and the 'man' ran, a few helpers by rushed to capture the 'man' and thought they had when he ran down a dead-ended ally way, but they were shocked when he vaulted the 7ft wall in one jump. The girl wasn't badly injured, just a few scratches, but as far as I know this was pretty much the same events for all encounters. Young girl gets attacks, screams, SHJ runs, escapes by doing impossible acrobatic feats.

That's what I remember without looking it up, I don't want to look it up :P I like using my memory <_<

There doesn't seem to be anything in the report that suggest a link with the Springheeled Jack encounters of the past and this encounter, they don't mention anything to connect the two.

A dark figure at night in England = Spring-heeled Jack? Just like Bearded face image = Jesus. I am skeptical.

• Like 1

"Hes probably a physical phenomenon. He was witnessed by two people, a child and a taxi driver so hes something physical which rules out any ghosts."

Cuz EVERYBODY knows you can't believe in ghosts if you drive a taxi... some "expert"

Edited by Rye17
  • Like 1

Duh! Why is this even news?! Even if the ghost didn't appear since 1986, it still can come back whatever time it wants too.

Spring heeled jack was the inspiration for the character The creeper in the film jeepers creepers.Just thought i would share that lol.

I was thinking about this case and got a chill down my spin. On that very peace of road a witnessed a fatality on Christmas eve as I guy got knocked down running across the dual carriageway. I remember he was carrying bags full of wrapped Christmas presents. Hit me hard at the time as I was a fairly new driver, I can remember to much detail and would prefer not to discuss it in full in case any relatives read this. But from growing up in that area I reckon it would be at the near enough exact spot. Must have been around 1992-1993.

• Like 1

Why do they think its spring heeled Jack? Sounds like a shadow person sighting to me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not really seeing the SHJ connection... did the figure cross the road in twelve foot bounds or something? the article really doesn't give a good reason to liken the dark figure seen to SHJ.

• 3 months later...

iv never heard of SHJ, i shall google it i think.