Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Sperm Donor ordered to pay child support

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,027 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 31 October 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Why is it a woman's right/responsibility to make choices for her own body, but if she becomes pregnant by not ensuring proper protection, suddenly her body has become the mans responsibility. If you don't want to become pregnant, why not take precautions instead of blaming the man. He cannot become pregnant, and has no rights to said fetus.
That works both ways, you still don't get the cause and effect concept of your actions do you? Why should the fact that the man cannot get pregnant give him licence to not have to think through his choices and their possible consequences.  You are clearly aware of even the most obscure of possibilities - kinda leaves you with no excuse doesn't it.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#47    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostMichelle, on 31 October 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

May I suggest a vasectomy? They are reversable if you decide to have children later in life. But, while you are messing around with women you can't trust at least you know you are safe.

I used the pill and condoms together, before I had my tubes tied and settled down. Although, I was never into casually sleeping around.

I love my partner and we have two beautiful children together. But i have friends who have been stung by one night stands, have nothing to do with the child and are paying hundreds of dollars a week in child support. One of my friends in particular would like to meet his daughter and be a part of her life, but the mother wants nothing to do with him now that she got want she wanted (i.e sperm and money)

I have avoided one night stands for this reason and others.

#48    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,455 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 31 October 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

I love my partner and we have two beautiful children together. But i have friends who have been stung by one night stands, have nothing to do with the child and are paying hundreds of dollars a week in child support. One of my friends in particular would like to meet his daughter and be a part of her life, but the mother wants nothing to do with him now that she got want she wanted (i.e sperm and money)

I have avoided one night stands for this reason and others.

If a man is paying child support he can petition the courts to have contact with his child if he so wishes. They cannot be denied visitation.

This is the product of having unprotected sex and it's too bad he had to learn the hard way. Hopefully he is more careful now.

Edited by Michelle, 31 October 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostMichelle, on 31 October 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Be a man...bring your own condems.

Ha ha   my husband was reading through  this thread with me and he spotted this post.. and he agrees with you  Michelle  ..His words were - EXACTLY  bring your own with you..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#50    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 31 October 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

One of my friends in particular would like to meet his daughter and be a part of her life, but the mother wants nothing to do with him now that she got want she wanted (i.e sperm and money)

He still has rights to his child...If he is paying for the child, then all the more reason for him to have rights..

A woman would need to be a heartless money grabbing wench to do that...   if she refuses to allow the father near the child and yet expects him to pay up, she should be told to bugger off by the father and the courts

#51    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,455 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 31 October 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Ha ha   my husband was reading through  this thread with me and he spotted this post.. and he agrees with you  Michelle  ..His words were - EXACTLY  bring your own with you..

:lol: Men are just our innocent victims to be used and abused.

#52    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostMichelle, on 31 October 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

:lol: Men are just our innocent victims to be used and abused.

Yup...it's a womans world  :clap: :unsure2:

:P

#53    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 6,986 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostEldorado, on 31 October 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

If I had to pay, I'd be demanding 13yrs of back-dated nookie from said lesbians!  It's only right, in my opinion.
:tu: :D

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#54    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,052 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

If you knock some chick up and she decides to have the child, you should just marry her.

Fathers barely have to pay anything or take care of the kid at all if you are married to the mother.

what a screwed up world.

#55    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,701 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostNeognosis, on 05 November 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

If you knock some chick up and she decides to have the child, you should just marry her.

Fathers barely have to pay anything or take care of the kid at all if you are married to the mother.

what a screwed up world.

Very true.  I have a friend that may as well be a single parent for all the time that the father spends with her and the kids.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users