Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Do Animals go to Heaven?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

There may already be a thread about this, but if not I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the matter...

(and to all non-believers, please refrain from smart aleck comments like "no because there is no heaven." Besides, my target audience are my fellow Christians after all...)

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,189 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I don't know since I haven't been there yet.  I do know they have spirits after seeing the ghost of my cat.  I am hoping they are there, would like to see my dogs, cats and horses that have pasted besides the people that I loved.  Would even like to see that old raccoon again.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,201 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

I'm going to approach this from a different angle.  Would it be heaven for YOU if there were no animals there?

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Had to put down my dog I had from childhood today. Therefore naturally the question arised.

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#5    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 12 January 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

Would it be heaven for YOU if there were no animals there?

Don't really care either way. As long as I didn't have to clean up thier poop.

Posted Image

#6    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

POPULAR

I would rather be in hell with my dog then in heaven without him.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#7    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,201 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Then it wouldn't be heaven for you if you had to clean up their poop.  But I thought you had lost your dog today?  I'm sorry to hear that but I gather he lived a full life if you had him from childhood.

So the question becomes would it be heaven for you to be reunited with your dog?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#8    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 12 January 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Then it wouldn't be heaven for you if you had to clean up their poop.  But I thought you had lost your dog today?  I'm sorry to hear that but I gather he lived a full life if you had him from childhood.

So the question becomes would it be heaven for you to be reunited with your dog?

It'd be nice I suppose. I don't have nearly  as great of emotional attatchments to animals as I do people, the main thing that bothers me with him is simply the fact that he was a large portion of my childhood memories. That and it's really affected my mother pretty hard. (He was much more her's than mine) Don't worry about hurting my feelings by saying he's not. Essentially I'm trying to gather some overall thoughts of this community so that maybe I could use some things to console her.

Posted Image

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,201 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

It'd be nice I suppose. I don't have nearly  as great of emotional attatchments to animals as I do people, the main thing that bothers me with him is simply the fact that he was a large portion of my childhood memories. That and it's really affected my mother pretty hard. (He was much more her's than mine) Don't worry about hurting my feelings by saying he's not. Essentially I'm trying to gather some overall thoughts of this community so that maybe I could use some things to console her.
Well, I can't hurt your feelings any more than mine.  Fact is, I don't know for sure but that quote from John 14:2 gives me cause to believe it is entirely possible as many people have a deep and abiding love for their animals and would hardly be experiencing "heaven" if they were not there to share it with them.

Whether or not we make it to heaven ourselves but animals get a free pass is an interesting question to pose too ;)

Note to add: John 14:2 could console her as it does me in these matters.

Edited by libstaK, 12 January 2013 - 02:04 AM.

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,646 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

There may already be a thread about this, but if not I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the matter...

(and to all non-believers, please refrain from smart aleck comments like "no because there is no heaven." Besides, my target audience are my fellow Christians after all...)
No smart aleck comments.. I promise. :innocent:

but humans are animals too, so to those who do believe, surely humans should not have the privileges over the other animals we share this planet with which are "all gods creatures" too?

Edited by freetoroam, 12 January 2013 - 01:56 AM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,646 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Well thats not very Christian like! :cry:

Note to self:
no smart aleck comments.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 12 January 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

Whether or not we make it to heaven ourselves but animals get a free pass is an interesting question to pose too ;)

Ah, now that would be interesting. If that were so, I think a lot of people would start questioning the so called "superiority" of the human race.

Posted Image

#13    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,201 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

Ah, now that would be interesting. If that were so, I think a lot of people would start questioning the so called "superiority" of the human race.
Yes, our so called "superiority" definitely needs to be questioned.

#14    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,034 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Heaven without animals, for most people, would not be heaven.

#15    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 January 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

Well thats not very Christian like! :cry:

Says who? The way I see it is, Christ came to save humans and therefore instructed us how to be saved. Besides, no matter what fate animals have, it's not like we can change it anyways...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users