Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Love vs Hate are not the primary emotions...

Arpee

Think about it. Simple life forms, they either feel safe or scared. They do what they do (instinct) until they encounter a potential problem (scared). Then they run away.

More complex creatures have a "fight or flight" instinct. So the problem arises, then there is fear, then they can turn it into anger and fight, or they can run away.

Even more complex creatures like humans have great memory and can remember conflicts between others and this can turn into "resentment" , "continuous hate". On the positive side, because they have great memory they can remember their friendliness with others and this can lead to "forgiveness" if one does bad to another.

So all emotions stem from safe or scared feelings.

From feeling Safe, we feel peace. From feeling Safe we can feel our natural emotions such as Love/Friendliness for companionship/community or Lust for reproduction. We are free to act on our instinct and be ourselves.

From feeling Scared, we can become embarrassed if we break social norms and feel fear about how others will judge us. We can feel "sad" that things are as they are - that they are not as we would like them to be and fear for the future or cry over a future we think is unchangeable. From Fear we can feel Jealousy, Anger, or even Hatred because of another person succeeding and we feel insecure because we think we cannot get to where they are in life, or hatred because they do something which makes us uncomfortable.

Safe > Peace > Lust > Friendliness > Infatuation (Obsession) > Love

Scared > Embarrassment > Sadness > Jealousy > Anger > Hate

(There may be other emotions - but these are major ones and how they stem from Safety or Fright)

Have a strong Core (Root Chakra) and remembering your "I AM" that you just exist and nothing "MUST" be done, you can feel secure no matter what happens or what the future may be. You can be yourself without fear, and when fear comes back, you can use release it , and make yourself feel safe, and then plan what you want to do from there.

If I make a mistake and it leads to consequences, the fear will come naturally, but we can always refocus ourselves back into our natural feeling of safety and then plan what to do from there without fear.

• Like 1

So all emotions stem from safe or scared feelings.

Not so. There are a handful of core emotions and they all arise from different externals situations. There are several theories of emotion, the one I subscribe to is functionality, all emotions have a function. That function is to outwardly show mental states through facial and bodily expressions.

Current consensus supports the view that there are 6 basic emotions; anger, disgust, fear, happiness, sadness and surprise. Charles Darwin documented these in his book The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals written 150 years ago.

Not true chemicals in our brain stimulate emotions. Also drugs some drugs can produce the love chemical

ya i heard that to, all emotions come from fear and i believe it people are always scared.

Not true chemicals in our brain stimulate emotions. Also drugs some drugs can produce the love chemical

You completely missed the point. Sure, different chemicals can produce different emotions, but the PRIMARY ones are Security and Fear - which are the two most important for survival.

Survival instincts - I don't believe they are emotions. Flight or fight isn't an emotion its a survival tool

Luckily this is all just a part of existence so emotions, even the basic ones don't matter, man.

Why do you say "Luckily"?

Survival instincts - I don't believe they are emotions. Flight or fight isn't an emotion its a survival tool

Fear is an emotion...

The two primary emotions for me are a) can I be myself aka comfortability and B) will I not be bored.