Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Shadow Ghost in my Kitchen

nycrican

Hi Everyone:

This story is about the first time I saw a ghost. I recently found out that these types of ghosts are called Shadow people.

When I was about 8 years old, I was awaken from a dead sleep because I heard someone banging things around in my kitchen. Everyone else in my home was asleep. I woke up, went to the living room where my 4 year sister was sleeping in the sofa sleeper, woke her up and asked her whether she was just been in the kitchen. She said no, she had been asleep.

At that moment, we both heard my refrigerator door open and then close. We were so scared and looked toward our kitchen which was straight ahead from the room we were in. At that moment, we saw a shadow girl walk through the wall toward our room. This looked just like a normal shadow would look if someone was walking and the sun reflected their shadow. She walked past our room and kept walking down the dark hallway which goes into my parents room. My parents were still asleep and had their bedroom door closed, however the shadow walked right into their bedroom.

We were both frozen as we watched this and could not even speak or scream at all. When the shadow walked into my parents room, we both looked at each other and said, "Did you see that?" at the same time. We then woke up my parents and told them what happened. Of course, they did not beleive us. We never saw the shadow girl again.

My sister who is now 46 years old does not recall that this happened at all. So, it is even harder to tell this story to non-beleivers. Has anyone else had a similar ghost story happen to them or heard of this happening to someone else? Also, is it common for people who share paranormal experiences for one of the people to forget the incident??

Nelly from the Block ;););)

Edited by nycrican

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nycrican

• Boltwave

• Bebi

• chaoserver

I believe you.

When I was younger my sister and I saw a ghost. Actually, thinking about it, it may have been a "shadow person" (I have hardly any knowledge of this phenomena, I'm just going on other people's descriptions). My sister verified what we'd seen until we found out some more info (that a vicar had been killed in that spot years back walking to the rectory) but since we found that out she claims she never saw a thing. Also, I still have the scars on my knees where she dragged me through gravel when we ran, so I know she is just retracting her story. She was even more scared than I was at the time of the occurrance :)

*mutters* damn typos... Think I got em all

Edited by Bebi

hi nycrican,

i had something similar happen to me, but it was nosies, when i was 8/9

we where at my grandparents for easter, we sleeped down stairs, myself and sis in one bed and my two older brothers in two other beds,

As i sleeped i awoke to a thud, i listened for someone , noone moved, then i heard someone humming ,not a song or anything it was like "mmmm" ......"mmmm" it moved across the floor up stairs , at that point i woke my sis up and told her to listen and she tried but told me it was nothing and went back to sleep. i told her no listen something up stairs is going ''mmmm" then i heard it again humming and she heard it.

"what is that "she asked, all i said "i think it might be the easter bunny" :P . then she told me it wasn't and we went back to sleep.

A few years later like 15 , i asked her if she remembers the eatserbunny coming to grandmas, she looked at me puzzled,(what are you talking about )kind of look . ya she didn't remember. i even told her about the "mmmm" part. ya she laughed

but i was younger then her (i ws 8 she ws 10), while you where older then your sister. so would age have something to do with it .......I don't think so.

I think it might be because some people decide to remember and others don't really care.

Spiritlady :)

p.s there was even a storie about santa. i might even tell that one a christmas time.

p.s there was even a storie about santa. i might even tell that one a christmas time.

I remember seeing "Santa" when I was very small. I told my mum and asked her if dad had sat with me when he brought my presents in, and she said no, she'd put them in my room. I may even have imagined this, but I have a very clear memory of someone sitting in the chair in my bedroom. It was definitely male, as it was dark I couldn't make out any features, but I heard breathing, and that's what makes me think it was male. Could even have been one of these "shadow people" - thinking back I'm sure most of my experiences have been with these. I MUST get off posting in here and do some research. I'd never even heard of "shadow people" until I found this forum...

I grew up in a house w/a lot of paranormal activity. Our family heard footsteps and bumps but only saw anything a couple of times. Once my brother and I were sitting in the living room talking when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was about 3 foot tall and looked like a shadow of some sort. It went by really fast so I wasn't really sure what was going on. Then my brother said, "Did you see that?' and described the same thing. We still talk about the things we heard and saw in the house. So I guess in this case neither one of us has forgotten our experiences.

I grew up in a house w/a lot of paranormal activity. Our family heard footsteps and bumps but only saw anything a couple of times. Once my brother and I were sitting in the living room talking when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was about 3 foot tall and looked like a shadow of some sort. It went by really fast so I wasn't really sure what was going on. Then my brother said, "Did you see that?' and described the same thing. We still talk about the things we heard and saw in the house. So I guess in this case neither one of us has forgotten our experiences.

I don't think it's a case of forgetting as such, I think people block things out as they can't/don't want to understand.

interesting, if you do a search on here for 'shadow people' or 'shadow ghosts' you'll get quite a few results. I had a couple encounters, the most recent one you can find...

...here

interesting, if you do a search on here for 'shadow people' or 'shadow ghosts' you'll get quite a few results. I had a couple encounters, the most recent one you can find...

...here

Thanks Leliel. The one I spoke about I saw with my sister looked like a person walking across the road with the light behind them. It wasn't til it sank down in the middle of the road and disappeared that we thought anything was wrong. We then understandably legged it home.... This happened *thinks* about 17 years ago now and I can still see it as if it happened yesterday. (Blimey I had to re-calculate that - it really WAS 17 years ago... It happened when I was about 12 and I'm 29 now :o )

I don't think it's a case of forgetting as such, I think people block things out as they can't/don't want to understand.

Thanx for clearing that up, I was thinking that most people just forgot their experiences, but that makes much more sense.

:tu:

Sorry, that was directed toward Bebi, couldn't get the "quote" to come out the way I wanted it to! LOL

i heard something about that on unxeplained mysteries the show

long time ago

this woman was watching tv really late at night and she was in her bed watching it

then she saw a dark shadow pass her tv

scary hunh?

well does anyone know when the show is on and what day and time?

Hi TibxB0i:

The story you mention also sounds interesting and similar to mine. Yes, it is scary when you see a shadow ghost. I hope someone does know when the show was on or whether this story is on the web somewhere? Does anyone have any links?

Nelly from the Block

Iv seen many paranormal things happen around my home. Maybe your sister doesn’t want to remember it because it scares her. Its very common people try to discard things with the paranormal from there memory if scared. My father is a perfect example of that its unbelievable the amount of times I tried to convince him my grandmothers house was haunted, he had a answer for everything. He seen things but was adamant it was nothing and gave me logical explanations for it all.I think he was scared to believe a ghost was possible.

Yeah, sisters have that habit of not remembering certians things and at the most convient time too. I love my Sister but her memory is that hot and mine either. :lol: But that is a very interesting story and thanks for sharing it. May I ask where did you learn about the shadow people? Edited by Ancestralbone

Yeah, sisters have that habit of not remembering certians things and at the most convient time too. I love my Sister but her memory is that hot and mine either. :lol: But that is a very interesting story and thanks for sharing it. May I ask where did you learn about the shadow people?

Hi Ancestralbone :

You are welcome.

Here are 3 sites about Shadow People:

http://www.pinn.net/~royaloak/shadowpeople.htm

http://www.ghostweb.com/shadow_people.html

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa022502a.htm

Hope this helps. :):)

hmmm... well I've had ALOT of paranormal activity in this house... which of course would be normal since I do live by a burned down devil worshipping church... Well I have seen and heard the shadows... The first time I've ever saw one was when I was like 8. I was home with my two sisters, one older one younger, and was in the living room... When I was reading a book about witch craft... when I looked up I saw a shadow figure just standing by my front door... Freaked the crap out of me... it just stood there for like 2 minutes and walked outside... no one believes me about this one... but that was the first of two times I had witnessed something by myself... all the other times it had been with atleast another person with me.

Edited by bloodylilly

You watched the shadow for 2 minutes? Jeez I would have been out of there in 2 seconds.

Wow you live by a devil worshiping church, think I would have moved

Yikes!

You watched the shadow for 2 minutes? Jeez I would have been out of there in 2 seconds.

Wow you live by a devil worshiping church, think I would have moved

Yikes!

Well like I was used to paranormal activities... But I've only heard the ghosts before that... They'd come onto the phone and that while I was talking to my family... The first time I heard the ghost was when my two sisters and I shared the room... I woke up at night and heard a woman and man yelling at each other up in the attic... woke my older sister up and made her stay up with me until I could go back to sleep... Oh and yeah I live by a satanist church... though it did burn down before I was born... It's not that bad out here... Though I'm used to it... I've been living out here since I was 2, 13 years now... But one time my older sister saw a red had hit her window and slide down... that also scared the sh** out of me(her running out of her room screaming with her stereo system up almost full blast... Didn't stay home by myself for like a year after that...

Thanks for the sites I do appreciate that and will check them out. :):tu:

The name 'shadow people' remind me of something. They do not sound like ghosts, but possibly strange hellish spirits.

I have heard this story about a man dying from a heart transplant in the hospital. He said when he awoke these shadows were pulling him across the street into this dark pit. I guess they were in the shape of men and women with really long fingers. However, he did survive and is healthy now.

There was another story that I heard from a speaker up where I live, and he used to be a meth-user. He said one night when he was injecting himself, he saw shadows of men and women dancing around the room grabbing at his clothes. Even after he quit using the drugs, he says he still sees them often. I don't know if it's from the brain damage by using drugs, but it sounds curiously odd to me...????

Edited by TheThirdAngel

The name 'shadow people' remind me of something. They do not sound like ghosts, but possibly strange hellish spirits.

I have heard this story about a man dying from a heart transplant in the hospital. He said when he awoke these shadows were pulling him across the street into this dark pit. I guess they were in the shape of men and women with really long fingers. However, he did survive and is healthy now.

There was another story that I heard from a speaker up where I live, and he used to be a meth-user. He said one night when he was injecting himself, he saw shadows of men and women dancing around the room grabbing at his clothes. Even after he quit using the drugs, he says he still sees them often. I don't know if it's from the brain damage by using drugs, but it sounds curiously odd to me...????

Ah, I have heard of these spirits as well, many times in fact.

Hi ThirdAngel:

Omg, these two stories sound so scary. I wonder if some or all Shadow people are really demons??? Nelly from the Block

Edited by nycrican

I heard there just a sort of apparition, and they also like to watch people sleep. I have never heard of them harming anyone by the way.

I find it interesting that most ghost or shadow people are seen by mostly children. My nieces told me they talkd to angels when they were around 3 and 4. I myself see quick shadows move at the corner of my eye at night, not really sure what that could be. Maybe it could be me just looking at the computer screen to long and staying up late.

I find it interesting that most ghost or shadow people are seen by mostly children. My nieces told me they talkd to angels when they were around 3 and 4. I myself see quick shadows move at the corner of my eye at night, not really sure what that could be. Maybe it could be me just looking at the computer screen to long and staying up late.

Hello Duke; welcome.

It's common to see flashes of shadows at night time. Some people's eyes aren't as quick in the dark, and it's easy to misapprehend things for ghosts, shadows, demons, etc. Although I could totally be wrong, you're the one seeing them :yes: . I agree and know what you mean when you say 'little kids see ghosts'. My friend's Grandmother said when she was young, she was kicked by an untame horse who was thrashing about in it's pen. She said when she was beginning to wake up, two glowing figures had pulled her out. She said if no one had done that, the horse would have killed her. From the beginning she told that story, she always said angels had saved her that day. I find it amazing that little kids can see so much more than us, but I guess they have more of an open mind sometimes. ;)

I heard there just a sort of apparition, and they also like to watch people sleep. I have never heard of them harming anyone by the way.

Watch people sleep? Ives seen some shadow people following me and whenever I go to sleep I have this feeling that Im being watch and feel very cold. Keeps me up at night but never stays like that past 2am.