Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McDonald's ketchup contains chemicals

Repoman

There is a chemical in McDonalds ketchup packets (not in the ketchup that you pump out of the big jars) that reacts with chemicals found in Burger King hamburgers and causes the meat to taste rancid and spoiled and smell awful.

Burger King responded and extended their attack into their Sweet & sour sauce, Mustard and Ketchup.

McDonalds also escalated its chemical warfare and now every pre-packaged sauce from both McDonalds and Burger King contains chemicals that react with the food from the other chain.

This has been going on for several years. There is a constant burger war going on where McDonalds and Burger King constantly try to change their burger's composition to render them safe against the other's sauces.

It makes me angry to know that we are eating this!

I've made the mistake of using a ketchup packet from McDonalds on a Burger King cheeseburger and I had to throw it away after only one bite!

My ex-wife's used to work for Sandoz pharmaceuticals in Palo Alto, CA and she heard from a coworker there that one of the project teams were doing that sort of work.

Edited by Repoman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• War Eagle

• MissMelsWell

• Repoman

• gigs

Sounds interesting. Would be great to see some articles posted on this. :yes:

But I like burgers.

That guy is smart to wear a crash-helmet!

I'll bet the burger would be even tastier if he deep-fried it before eating it.

Good thing I like my burgers plain.

We shouldn't be eating fast food anyway :P.

amen, you seen supersize me?

absolutely disgusting. Apparently there are chemicals

in the food at mcdonalds that react to your brain and triggers

your body to CRAVE and NEED mcdonalds.

Thank you Ray Kroc. [<--sarcasm intended]

So if i would make a burger myself would these chemicals still work :P ? not saying that i eat them :P

Apparently there are chemicals in the food at mcdonalds that react to your brain and triggers your body to CRAVE and NEED mcdonalds.

You make it sound like a conspiracy. Sugars and fats are known to be addictive, junk food has plenty of both. It's not as if they purposely add chemicals to the food to induce an addiction.

In developed countries we all have a choice in what foods we eat. And there wouldn't be 300 pound people walking around if they stopped eating addictive junk food.

B-King rocks! I hope Mcdonalds bows to the King. :nw:

But I like burgers.

linked-image

Erm, I hope a table napkin accompanied that monster burger tsk tsk

:rofl:

In developed countries we all have a choice in what foods we eat. And there wouldn't be 300 pound people walking around if they stopped eating addictive junk food.

What is my excuse then? 160lbs, 6 foot tall and athletic body definition. Cholesterol level is normal as is blood pressure and BMI, yet all I eat is junk food and takeaways. Do I do a lot of exercise? Not any more than the average person does. I did try to eat so called healthy foods, yet ended up putting on a stone (14 pounds) in 10 days and felt lethargic and ill. Back on the junk food again, and I was back to my normal self and lost he 14 pounds I put on in 6 days.

Eating unhealthy foods never did our grandparents any harm and they live to ripe old ages, yet fitness and health food "freaks" are dying younger than their parents or grandparents.

Sugars and fats are known to be addictive, junk food has plenty of both.

I'm hungry now. :P

It makes me angry to know that we are eating this!

Then stop eating Mcdonalds and Burger King, simple as that.

If this is accurate, which I'm not convinced it is, it's sheer genius.

I stopped eating fast food a long time ago. This topic points out just one of the many reasons I quit it. There's also the fact that I found hair in every other order I've made at a fast food joint.

Then stop eating Mcdonalds and Burger King, simple as that.

If this is accurate, which I'm not convinced it is, it's sheer genius.

It's true. My local news station once did a report about it.

Edited by Black_Spade

I don't fast food often but it tastes good. I only eat B-King about maybe 5 times in a year cause I don't feel like walking down to Burger King. :sk

This doesn't make sense! Does this means that the supposedly fresh burgers have like some kind of unique chemical constitution that can be detected by a package of ketchup? sounds like fiction!

Well apparently its not, i just did that and well... ehh i purged myself *like what nicole richie does*

Does anyone remember the UL about Chinese take-outs putting morphine in the food to make you crave it? Yeah, one small take-out might have done that in the 1960's or something but, as far as I know it's unsubstanciated.

Every fast food chain does millions of dollars of R&D on a product before they start offering it. Part of that is finding out what kinds of sauces go well with thier products. They may have the manufacturer add a little more vinegar to their ketchup to spice it up or maybe even lemon flavoring in the mayo. It stands to reason that they are not the least bit interested in what their mustard tastes like on a competetors food. Maybe that is where this got it's start.It also explains why Dairy Queen doesn't offer a ketsup and peanut flavored ice cream sundae.

And they use US, the public, as guinea pigs. I dunno what it is, but I used to love McDonalds. Then I tried Burger King and haven't been back to McDonalds since. But then, has anyone noticed how much greasier KFC is compared to 20 years ago? Another fast food outlet that has 'changed with the times' unfortunately, in my opinion, for the worse. I can't even eat their chicken peices without throwing up 15 minutes later. Luckily here in Melbourne we have several other chicken fast food outlets that don't even have 50% of KFC's fat.

I eat home made burgers with HP sauce. I could careless about their crap burgers.

Anyone Know what these are?

tertiary butylhydroquinone *(TBHQ) - sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate, hydrogenated vegetable oils (that is to say, trans fats), and dimethylpolysiloxane - acrylamide.

Neither did I till i looked them up.

Sounds like exactly what you want in your food, doesn't it?

MacNuggets & Fries Anyone?...

What's Really in a McDonald's Chicken McNugget & Fries?

*Causes stomach tumors.

tertiary butylhydroquinone *(TBHQ) - sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate, hydrogenated vegetable oils (that is to say, trans fats), and dimethylpolysiloxane - acrylamide.

Bet you needed spell checker for them.. lol

Yep it is amazing what crap is in those things.. haven't had one in a lot of years. I don't even like burgers or sausages (have you seen what they are made out of). nice find Rebel.