Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

'Pleb' row: Claims extremely serious,

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,363 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

This whole episode is totally fubar.I've heard worse than being called a "pleb".  They're acting like a bunch of schoolkids. Was this an excuse to resign before something really interesting is found out ?.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#17    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 19 December 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

The allegation a police officer falsely claimed to have heard Andrew Mitchell calling police "plebs" is "extremely serious", the Metropolitan Police say.

Mr Mitchell, who quit as government chief whip over the incident, has called for an inquiry, with friends arguing he should return to office.

A police officer was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of misconduct.

The Metropolitan Police said the issue went to the "very heart" of trust in police and promised to act "swiftly".

link :- http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20780584

Hmm...seems our 'boys in blue' may have been telling a few porkies to end the career of a politician (with the help of the BEEB). Watch as damage limitation goes into overdrive.

The BNP are banned from being in the police just in case they cant act professionally.

Its about time the Labour Party was banned too seeing as they will willingly lie to end someones career. Scum.

#18    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Police making up evidence and politicians stealing from the state with massive expense claims.  I think us plebs are the only ones still playing by the rules, maybe we should all just start doing what ever the hell we want as well.

Edited by Finity, 23 December 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#19    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,245 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

I don't understand...  Is a "pleb" the same as a "Plebe" as in "Plebeian" meaning "Of the Common People"?...   What's so wrong with that in a Democracy?

Here in the States we use the term "Plebe" to refer to a first year cadet at West Point or Annapolis... Two very prestigious schools...

I guess I just don't get the sense of insult in this....

#20    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostTaun, on 23 December 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

I don't understand...  Is a "pleb" the same as a "Plebe" as in "Plebeian" meaning "Of the Common People"?...   What's so wrong with that in a Democracy?

Here in the States we use the term "Plebe" to refer to a first year cadet at West Point or Annapolis... Two very prestigious schools...

I guess I just don't get the sense of insult in this....
To some "pleb" has become a derogatory term to describe the lower classes (oh there you go bringing class into it again!).

I've never used it that way, I call a mate a pleb if he's acting like a tit, but never as a put down to the working class (which would be pointless as I am one of the great unwashed).

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#21    Shayde

Shayde

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Oh, it's all going wrong on many levels....

Okay, Mitchell may not have called the police officer a pleb, and this might have been made up by another officer who then "leaked" this to the media, who then gleefully went off and reported it en masse, only now to discover it didn't really happen.  And this wasn't just from the BBC, as Sky and the print media did their best in mucking this story around.

Alright, so far so bad. But Mitchell HAS admitted to swearing at a police officer. Now, I do firmly believe that in order to show the "lower orders" that nobody is above the law, this really ought to be dealt with by giving Mitchell the fullest punishment that's available. After all, MPs do love telling us they're "just ordinary people". Which as we all know is complete BS.  Fact is that on that night, a serving member of parliament made a prat of himself. Add to this a serving police officer has shown he may have an agenda against the political machine and what do we have? Another example of bloody idiots in postions of power acting like bloody primary school aged children.

#22    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

shock horror the police are corrupt.who really ever thought they wernt .the reason the right wing piss flaps are getting hot under the collar about it is that a posh boy has been stitched up..i never heard any of this outrage when maggie was directing them during the miners strikes .you know when women were getting batterd with staves for taking sandwiches to there husbands on the picket lines .yes your rightwing outrage is pathetic hypocritical and wrong if you want rights they have to be for everyone not just the right

#23    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

View Postsmurf0852, on 24 December 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

.the reason the right wing piss flaps are getting hot under the collar about it is that a posh boy has been stitched up..

The reason people are getting hot under the collar is because the Left, aided and abetted by the Labour Party and the coppers' trades union, were calling for Mitchell's head because they believed that he called police officers' plebs, despite there not being a shred of evidence that he did so.

And now we have CCTV which appears to back up Mr MItchell's claim that he did not such thing the Left are wriggling and writhing in embarrasment.  They have been found to be totally wrong and misguided, just like they were when they tried to get another Tory in trouble when they wrongly believed allegations that he was a paedophile.

I don't expect a word of apology though.  It won't be forthcoming.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 25 December 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#24    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostShayde, on 24 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Mitchell HAS admitted to swearing at a police officer.

No, he hasn't.

#25    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 25 December 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

The reason people are getting hot under the collar is because the Left, aided and abetted by the Labour Party and the coppers' trades union, were calling for Mitchell's head because they believed that he called police officers' plebs, despite there not being a shred of evidence that he did so.

And now we have CCTV which appears to back up Mr MItchell's claim that he did not such thing the Left are wriggling and writhing in embarrasment.  They have been found to be totally wrong and misguided, just like they were when they tried to get another Tory in trouble when they wrongly believed allegations that he was a paedophile.

I don't expect a word of apology though.  It won't be forthcoming.
as i said did you complain about the police when they were battering women for taking sandwiches to striking miners .or was that ok because they were doing it to poor people .your outrage is shallow like everything you victorian england worshiping right wing do.

#26    Shayde

Shayde

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 25 December 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

No, he hasn't.

Do beg your pardon, I thought Mitchell had admitted to that accusation at the least.

#27    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostShayde, on 26 December 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

Do beg your pardon, I thought Mitchell had admitted to that accusation at the least.

Yeah.  And it wasn't that long ago that people "thought" he called the police "plebs".

View Postsmurf0852, on 26 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

as i said did you complain about the police when they were battering women for taking sandwiches to striking miners .or was that ok because they were doing it to poor people .your outrage is shallow like everything you victorian england worshiping right wing do.

What a strange post.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 26 December 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#28    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

Someone got called a schmuck and wants heads to roll. Is this the French forum. Because then Ill quietly go back to me good ole Colony.

You must be reading my blog, you share my opinions of the French .... hahahaha

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 December 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Thats how we roll. I didnt notice my fo-paws.

thx for the edit
heu.... it's faux pas .. as in wrong step .. not paw.. also someone with paws could have one... or four :P

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#29    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 22 December 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

The BNP are banned from being in the police just in case they cant act professionally.

Its about time the Labour Party was banned too seeing as they will willingly lie to end someones career. Scum.

"When the police lie about politicians, we should ALL be very worried" - http://www.dailymail...LL-worried.html

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 26 December 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#30    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 26 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yeah.  And it wasn't that long ago that people "thought" he called the police "plebs".

What a strange post.
why is it strange to ask if a right wing worshiper thinks its only wrong for the police to abuse there power against posh people .you see i think any misuse of police power is wrong where as you think its ok if it suites your agenda.hitler thought the same.

Edited by smurf0852, 28 December 2012 - 12:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users