Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#361    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,554 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 19 April 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

That attitude is the height of arrogance and ignorance. Some people indeed experience unique events that the rest of us don't. Who are we to say that *all* of them were just mistaken in their interpretations of their personal experiences? Now *that's* true hubris.

By the same token, who is qualified to verify the supernatural? One thing we do have here is a common denominator, human error. One cannot base conclusions totally on a visual aspect, nor a belief.

Edited by psyche101, 19 April 2013 - 08:05 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#362    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Welll I would think the supernatural would exibit the same kind of things in a lot of peoples minds, if suddenly my comforter started floating in the air would you call that supernatural?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#363    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,632 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 19 April 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Welll I would think the supernatural would exibit the same kind of things in a lot of peoples minds, if suddenly my comforter started floating in the air would you call that supernatural?
Unless you live in Texas then it could be a twister,or Explosion next door ! Just saying? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#364    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 April 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

By the same token, who is qualified to verify the supernatural? One thing we do have here is a common denominator, human error. One cannot base conclusions totally on a visual aspect, nor a belief.

Some claims are valid. Some claims are invalid. It's not accurate or fair to say that all witnesses are dishonest or mistaken when you have no evidence to do so. Take each case on its own particular merits.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#365    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

Unless you live in Texas then it could be a twister,or Explosion next door ! Just saying? :tu:
Do you live in Texas ?

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#366    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 20 April 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Some claims are valid. Some claims are invalid. It's not accurate or fair to say that all witnesses are dishonest or mistaken when you have no evidence to do so. Take each case on its own particular merits.

Most people do. But we all know that eyewitnesses are notorious for getting things wrong. And we also know that the internet is smack full of hoaxes and liers.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#367    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,447 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostDBunker, on 20 April 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

Most people do. But we all know that eyewitnesses are notorious for getting things wrong. And we also know that the internet is smack full of hoaxes and liers.

That's true. It's not fair to reflexively put all claimants in the same category, though.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#368    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,632 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 20 April 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

Do you live in Texas ?
Ya cuddnt tell Man?

This is a Work in Progress!

#369    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 20 April 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Ya cuddnt tell Man?
LOL

#370    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,554 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

Don't physics count?

It's even less accurate to accept an outcome as accurate when based upon a statistic too.

Has any supernatural example ever managed to leave the realm of the supernatural and make it's way into the real world? As such, how is it valid to state that some claims are indeed valid, when not one has ever come close to being proven as factual?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#371    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,600 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

they seem to be more frightened than us.... link

:unsure2:

#372    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,270 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

You make an absurdity sound so sensible.  When people are claiming lala, the presumption that they are dishonest or mistaken is valid all the time.  Absence of evidence to do so is not needed; evidence not to do so is essential.

#373    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,270 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 20 April 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

That's true. It's not fair to reflexively put all claimants in the same category, though.
It's perfectly fair to put all claimants of the same thing in the same category.

#374    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,554 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 19 April 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Not at all, not without a thorough investigation.

Some people might think something like this is supernatural. But it's not.

#375    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,554 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 22 April 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

they seem to be more frightened than us.... link

:unsure2:

So that is where they found him huh?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users