Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Knowing the mind of God

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#46    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 25 November 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

This is, in part, true and understandable. it is the same with our communication with any other sapient self aware entity. For example my relationship with my wife, my brother, or a friend, is unique to me.

No one else can have the same relationship with them . With god it is a little bit different because a human being can share the consciousness of god as he shares our consciousness, and thus have a shared understanding of and with, him. But again, as every human mind is different, the understanding of the nature of god will be unique to each human being.

When you are open you can receive the connection.  I feel sad for those who have blocked their ability to receive with bitter name calling and insults.  I can't imagine living a life filled with such hostility.  It must be a somber place to be.  Filled with erratic anger and damaged relationships.  I know so well over time what this looks like.  It is especially hard on children in such homes.   And so this is why I think God reaches those who are in need or lost or victims.   God finds a way.   It will always be individual to the person and God's will with you.  It is a blessing.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#47    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,645 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 24 November 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

What does god say?

You know god communicates with you because it comes from god. That's circular reasoning.
Besides this is like saying mental illness comes from god.
God says many things.  He gives wisdoms, teaches, offers  words and emotions of comfort, makes promises and carries them out. He gives  physical emotional and intellectual strength, courage, joy, tranquilty, peace and love. He gives visions of alternative futures. He allows communication with other minds and awaenes of the time and space around you.

You can read some of the things god has told me directly in other posts but what would be the point. You wil chose ot disbelieve.

God is a label like dog. God doesnt call himself god. God is a name humans give such an entity, and I use it to allow communication with other humans.

No names are needed in any form of communication with god, just as i dont use names when talking to other people I know well. I call him mate as much as anything. But he is powerful interventioist caring and a teacher so i interact with him with caution and respect. And god has no gender because god is not human or anything like human; but again I use "he" for convenience and because the correct term, "it" carries less respect in the english language.

God is a "universal" consciousness, with the ability via biological or technological knowledge to be able to manipulate time space mater and energy basuically at will. He can penetrate and permeate our physical bodies and our minds to alter them, direct them,  but mostly to empower, improve, and educate us.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#48    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,645 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostCassea, on 25 November 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

When you are open you can receive the connection.  I feel sad for those who have blocked their ability to receive with bitter name calling and insults.  I can't imagine living a life filled with such hostility.  It must be a somber place to be.  Filled with erratic anger and damaged relationships.  I know so well over time what this looks like.  It is especially hard on children in such homes.   And so this is why I think God reaches those who are in need or lost or victims.   God finds a way.   It will always be individual to the person and God's will with you.  It is a blessing.
To me, being "god blind" is like being physically blind. You can't sense feel or see, what is right there in front of you.

I  dont  really know what it is like to be separated from god because i  have been connected to this source from my earliest memories, even when i had no conception that it was god, and simply thought  that all humans shared this connection to the universal consciousness. Even as an atheist /secular humanist, i had the connection without understanding what it represented. As a teenager, and a reader of all marvel comics, I thought it was a sort of "spidey power" and never gave god a thought.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#49    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

This is true for me as well.   I have had moments where I felt God wasn't there.  It was an abyss of misery.   So when I see those who have God blindness I feel frightened for what they must experience in life. And no matter how often those have tried to convince me that everything is fine and wonderful.  I have seen the darkness there.  They admit there is a darkness there.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#50    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,568 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 25 November 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

*snip*
Circular reasoning. I wonder if God communicates better than you can.

#51    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,645 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 25 November 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

Circular reasoning. I wonder if God communicates better than you can.
The problem may be in your understanding, in which case, No. You wouldnt comprehend either of us.

I answered your question logically and without 'circular reasoning" but you cant see or "get" it.

" God" is a name like "dog" It is just a sound we attach to an entity (real or imagined) which has certain defined parameters. When i meet an entity which matches the parameter of a dog I call it a dog. When i meet an entity which matches the parameters of a god, I call it (in my commuications with others) a god. There is nothing circular about that.

People recognise any entity via the common parameters, which we as a race attribute to that entity and describe in a variety of linguistic forms. There are a variety of god forms, just as there is a variety of dog forms, but they all fall within a set of universal parameters which we have attributed to them and catalogued them under..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#52    MistyW

MistyW

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

If there was an almighty, all knowing creator of the universe I doubt any single one human being could comprehend all the complexities and knowledge that must be in the creator's mind.

#53    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,568 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 25 November 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

The problem may be in your understanding, in which case, No. You wouldnt comprehend either of us.

I answered your question logically and without 'circular reasoning" but you cant see or "get" it.
You babbled a list of things god says without any form of support.
It doesn't take god to tell you baseless assertions are not logical.

People recognise any entity via the common parameters, which we as a race attribute to that entity and describe in a variety of linguistic forms. There are a variety of god forms, just as there is a variety of dog forms, but they all fall within a set of universal parameters which we have attributed to them and catalogued them under..
Hearing voices in your head is mental illness. If you want to call that god, go ahead.

#54    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,645 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 25 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

You babbled a list of things god says without any form of support.
It doesn't take god to tell you baseless assertions are not logical.

Hearing voices in your head is mental illness. If you want to call that god, go ahead.
Oh you dont believe me? Thats a different problem altogether and it is your problem not mine. My logic and reasoning is impeccable . You chose not to accept it, because you cant accept the existence of god.  Thats a belief and you are entitled to it, but to argue that, based on your lack of belief, my own contact with god is logically impossible  is poor reasoning.

I can assure you that hearing voices in your head  (or in the real environment ) having visions, experiencing physical manifestaions we call miracles, seeing the future, reading other peoples minds, knowing things and even obeing or clair voyancing,  are not symptoms of mental illness in them selves. No modern psychiatrist would catagorise them as such, in themselve,s because they are  all normal natural and widespread parts of the human condition.. They can be natural adjuncts to more accepted  mainstream human abilities. It depends on the nature and content of the information imparted in such experiences and the abilty to verify their contextual reality and integration into the natural environment around you.

For example a voice which says, "Kill your baby brother because he's possessed by the devil" is a different thing to a voice which says, very accurately as it turns out, " Stop the car now. A large red bus is about to come through the red light ahead of you and will kill you if you continue through the intersection." or tells you where to find someones lost wallet/purse etc Or talks to you about how to adapt to a new or difficult situation in your life. Or tells you it is about to cure you of an addiction or illness and then does do. Or tells you where to find a carpark or a fifty dollar when needed, and so on.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#55    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,568 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 25 November 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Oh you dont believe me? Thats a different problem altogether and it is your problem not mine. My logic and reasoning is impeccable . You chose not to accept it, because you cant accept the existence of god.  Thats a belief and you are entitled to it, but to argue that, based on your lack of belief, my own contact with god is logically impossible  is poor reasoning.
Wouldn't be the first time you've abused logic to come to an illogical conclusion.

For example a voice which says, "Kill your baby brother because he's possessed by the devil" is a different thing to a voice which says, very accurately as it turns out, " Stop the car now. A large red bus is about to come through the red light ahead of you and will kill you if you continue through the intersection." or tells you where to find someones lost wallet/purse etc Or talks to you about how to adapt to a new or difficult situation in your life. Or tells you it is about to cure you of an addiction or illness and then does do. Or tells you where to find a carpark or a fifty dollar when needed, and so on.
For a teacher your comprehension skills are pitiful. The internal monologue is not what is implied when speaking of "hearing voices".
I've got to wonder why you bother replying in these instances, are you trying to be profound or daft?

#56    Ligia Cabus

Ligia Cabus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• "Hell, ain't a bad place to be." AC/DC

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

I think that "This mystery" -  "called" God is the origin of all things and the mind of this Creator, in my opinion, is the source of all things. Then, I concluded that all things are the thought of this Creator.

Things that arose from the first Verb or Word, that I don't believe was pronounced in loud voice, but manifested only in a silent thought and this thought gave origin this multiverse, or be - the many which born from one. In this case, the knowledge of  God mind or of his thoughts is the knowledge of the multiverse, its beings, its laws.

My biggest doubt is, admiting  this hypothesis, that everything is the result of an matrix of creative thinking, what I wonder to myself is whether we-all that exists, it becomes real when the Creator is awake and active (in Maha-avatara) or if everything is a dream of the creator when he rests, sleeps, (in Pralaya). Or, will be that we are a dream or a nightmare of God?

#57    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,290 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 25 November 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

To me, being "god blind" is like being physically blind. You can't sense feel or see, what is right there in front of you.

I  dont  really know what it is like to be separated from god because i  have been connected to this source from my earliest memories, even when i had no conception that it was god, and simply thought  that all humans shared this connection to the universal consciousness. Even as an atheist /secular humanist, i had the connection without understanding what it represented. As a teenager, and a reader of all marvel comics, I thought it was a sort of "spidey power" and never gave god a thought.

When I was young I used to talk to my favorite stuffed animal and think he was real (he was my best friend btw). Even when I went to school and we were apart I would think about him and communicate with him. I was raised in an athiest house so I no-one ever taught me about God. Now that I look back I know I was communicating to God the whole time and he used my little stuffed animal to have a relationship with me. I think its sweet. I however do know what it feels like to be a part from God, even after becoming a Christian I had periods where, for some reason I had no connection to God at all. I think God showed me that, took away his strong presence, so that I would know what it is like for other people that cannot feel him. So I could understand the reasons why it is possible for someone not to believe in him, and I am grateful for that. We have a very multi-dimensional God. Non-belief can serve its purpose in my opinion. And one of (not the only) the purposes is so that when the presence of God is strong and the mind of god is accessible, the believer will be even more grateful, understanding that it was Gods grace that came over them and nothing they have done on their own. I praise god right now for knowing him, I am in love with him!

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#58    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,290 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 25 November 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

And god has no gender because god is not human or anything like human; but again I use "he" for convenience and because the correct term, "it" carries less respect in the english language.

I am the same way. Well I don't say god has NO gender. I say God has both genders. Both male and female qualities, like we have. But I still say "he" for the most part. He is my lover, and She is my mother...

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#59    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,280 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Mr Walker sir,
you say "God says many things. "....have you actually heard him yourself or is this all hearsay? What would the "Modern professional psychiatrists" say about this exactly?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#60    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,645 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 25 November 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Wouldn't be the first time you've abused logic to come to an illogical conclusion.

For a teacher your comprehension skills are pitiful. The internal monologue is not what is implied when speaking of "hearing voices".
I've got to wonder why you bother replying in these instances, are you trying to be profound or daft?
Because you dont have my experiences you can't understand the nature of them (which may understandably frustrate you) The voice of god is not a part of my internal dialogues between parts of my intellect which i have known utilised and repsected since about the age of three, but a separate voice of power and knowledge manifesting from beyond myslef.
It is not even alawys an internal voice but a physical one, materialising from a material source and heard by others.

I understand your disbelief, but that is based on a lack of personal experience, and thus false.
Ps I am always entirely logical, but logic can logically lead to different conclusions, depending on the starting point and the evidences available. It is a system/tool, of thought and application, not a path to one truth.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users