Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Green Man in Parramatta Park?

ReturnOf4eva

This is my first topic and i did not know where to post it, so i thought I'd just post it in the Urban Legends section.

Just maybe half an hour ago, me and my friend (username 'biorez') were walking along the outskirts of Parramatta Park in Sydney (the park is a minute's walk from my house). It was sprinkling, though now it is pouring rain and storming pretty bad. Anyways, we were walking alongside a deserted creek, when we started hearing noises. Some sounded like a train, although there was no train track near that area, and some sounded like children's voices, even though I am positive that it was just me and my friend in that creek.

We pulled out of the area, and frantically started trying to assess the situation. We were trying to think rationally, but we couldn't help but believe that it was something way out of the ordinary. We came back to the creek, and started hearing more noises. They were much the same, and we weren't really panicking that much, when I look straight ahead and could have SWORN that I saw a dark figure, standing on it's hind legs, walk past the treeline about 5 metres ahead of us. I almost hyperventilated, an we started sprinting back to a nearby gazebo. We discussed whether we should go back to my friend's place (about 300 metres from the park, and facing it as well), or if we should run back to the creek, and investigate once more.

And so we did, and we started seeing more shadows and hearing more unnatural, un-suburbian noises. At this point, it started raining heavily, and we saw a gargantuan storm cloud approaching. we decided to bolt back to my friend's place. We started running in the opposite direction of the creek. I turned my head for a split second, and that was all I needed...

...and then I saw him. A Green man. He looked to be wearing something green, covering his hair (if he had any), but it almost looked like it was attached to his skull. He did not have a shirt on, and he had dark green skin. A darker texture than whatever was on his head. He looked like he had some sort of dead furred animal over his shoulder, and in the opposite hand, he was carrying what looked like some sort of long, melee weapon. Possibly a staff or a stick. He was looking out from under the creek, therefore I did not see his lower half. He had big bulgy black eyes STICKING, LITERALLY STICKING out of his head. Like a GRASSHOPPER! he had a mouth where his chin was supposed to be. And he had a normal looking nose, although I did not see any nostrils, but that's most likely due to the fact that I was at a distance. He then raised what must've been his eyebrows, and gave me a sort of 'where are you going' look. He then appeared to have shrugged, then turned and walked away. He did not have ears. Where his ears were supposed to be, it was just blank.

I stood there in shock, hyperventilating. I lost all bodily functions for about half a minute, while biorez was yelling 'we have to go! come on we have to go!' I then started running like there was no tomorrow. Now I sit here at my friend's computer, still sort of in shock, but sane enough to post this report.

Can someone PLEASE tell me WHAT THE HELL DID I SEE?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReturnOf4eva

• cluey

• NatureBoff

• biorez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope you cleaned up first before sitting down to write this

NO, I did NOT soil myself, but thanks for asking.

Could you be serious though? Im traumatized

Yeah I'm serious, you said you lost all bodily functions...if that's not the definition of a traumatic symptom, I don't know what is.

How far of a distance were you from what you saw? I mean, if you saw it raise it's eyebrows after saying it was a dark figure, it couldn't have been all that far...within 10-20 feet sounds reasonable if there was sufficient light out to begin with.

wow this is one interesting post...sounds just way out there! I really have nothing more to offer than that do u have any proof or maybe go back and check for footprints?

Hey, thanks for you reply.

Good point. I can imagine you took into account that it was raining, thus the creek would be muddy, and easier to identify footprints

We'll leave soon to check, and we will take photos.

Yeah I'm serious, you said you lost all bodily functions...if that's not the definition of a traumatic symptom, I don't know what is.

How far of a distance were you from what you saw? I mean, if you saw it raise it's eyebrows after saying it was a dark figure, it couldn't have been all that far...within 10-20 feet sounds reasonable if there was sufficient light out to begin with.

Well yeah, it was still really bright even though it was storming.

And it was closer to 35 feet, I'd say.

But it wasn't TOO dark, it was still easily distinguishable from its surrounding plantation.

Whoops double post. My bad :unsure2:

Hi, great post, as an Aussie I am very excited to read about this kind of phenomenon in my own country. Thanks for being brave enough to tell your story.

I am sorry I have never heard of a green man in modern times, my only knowledge of this legend is in relation to Sir Gawain and the Green Knight which has to do with Arthurian folklore. A quick squiz of wikipedia for green man produces a lot of material and some cool pics which help you describe what you saw.

Once again, thanks for being so brave to post this, I know if I had seen it I would have been very afraid! :tu:

ok......your apparently that traumatized you go to your friends house to post a new topic????????.....did you call emergency services or the police??????..cause it you REALLY did see something.......the last place you should be right now is posting it on erehmm.gif

Edited by cluey

Today, 5/2/10, any random day in the 365 day year. I awaken with a stomach ache, and my mum agrees that I don't need to go to school. I call mrmctommy to tell him not to wait for me to walk with him to school, but he tells me that he's also sick and needs rest today. 3 hours later I feel better and call mrmctommy and ask him if he wants to hit the streets of westmead with me. He, also feeling better, joins me to the park. Walking past the creek, we hear weird noises, walking up towards the riverbank, and listening for more, and every few seconds we heard a cracking noise, that didn't sound natural. We froze there, panicking, what could have caused those noises? Then we saw a dark silhouette of a human walking through the treeline. We ran. Stopping after around 50 metres. We looked at each other and decided to go back. The cracking noises continued at the creek, but this time, we weren't as shocked, however it had began to sprinkle. So we stood, below dark clouds and light rain, standing on the edge of the creek, looking at the trees, listening...Suddenly we heard voices, low voices...we froze, confused, dazed, dumbfounded. something was in the thick forest. We stayed there, our legs cemented to the ground, thinking, being rational, telling ourselves that it was nothing out of the ordinary. Without warning, children's voices came from within the forest,sounding as if the children were running out of the forest towards where we were! We didn't even need to look at each other and we sprinted. to a safe looking gazebo close by, panting, we sat on the bench, scared for our lives. We asked each other, hoping for a logical explanation of whatever was happening. While in the gazebo, mrmctommy looked over my shoulder and informed me of movement over near the creek. His face turned serious, and he confidently said, " I'm going back there". I was shocked, after what had happened, I couldn't believe that he was still willing to go back! As a good friend, I had to follow him, so i ran after him. Now windy, raining and dark, we trudged towards the creek again. We walked slowly and quietly, afraid of the "thing" that was lurking in the trees. Not long after we arrived at the riverbank, we heard a high pitched shriek. There was no way I was staying, except i wouldn't leave mrmctommy behind, so i grabbed his shoulder and ran. we just bolted. But, around 50 metres away from the creek, mrmctommy looked over his shoulder. Frozen, an expression of dread on his face. I ran back, shook him to his senses, and ran with him, towards my house. Now it was pouring rain, raindrops were pelting our faces sideways. Through the rain and panting, i heard mrmctommy say "You'll never believe what I just saw".

Back at my house, he gave me an elaborate description of a human figure, with a green upper body, giant bulging eyes, a mouth for a chin, a green skull and no ears, peeking out from the creek then walking away. He immediately posted his story (read the story with the same title in urban myths and legends). After sitting at my house for an hour, we saw a comment on the post that asked us to check for footprints at the creek. We waited for the Sun to re-emerge before we left for the creek again. Walking towards it, this time more confident in the brighter light, though still afraid. Nearing the edge, we saw movement in a bush, i took my phone out ready to take a photo of the green man when he shows himself. For a while there wasn't any movement besides the birds flying and drinking water from the creek. Looking at there the footprints should have been, we saw nothing but flowing water, caused by the recent rain. We started walking back, dissapointed that we didn't find any evidence of anything that happened earlier. A few metres from the creek though, we heard a whistle that could have only come from a human, beckoning us to come back to the creek.Thinking it through, we both stood where we were, waiting to see if whoever was whistling would show themselves. 5 minutes later, nothing happened, and we went our serparate ways home.

No, the thought never came up.

My friend's house was the closest place of refuge we could take.

We did come back with more people and weapons to investigate.

But there was nothing there

And I HAD to post it SOMEWHERE on the internet so why not here?

No, the thought never came up.

My friend's house was the closest place of refuge we could take.

We did come back with more people and weapons to investigate.

But there was nothing there

And I HAD to post it SOMEWHERE on the internet so why not here?

oh ok........then you went back with weapons????......and people wonder why they get bashed and shotunsure.gif

If you saw an otherworldly creature and you came back to the area, you wouldn't NOT be carrying a weapon, would you?

If you saw an otherworldly creature and you came back to the area, you wouldn't NOT be carrying a weapon, would you?

if i had seen an other worldly creature....i wouldn't be sitting at a mates places on his computer....that's for sure....i'd be more worried about the violent crimes in sydney than any out worldly creature...that's why i wouldn't be out in a park with weapons...

Edited by cluey

Parramatta isnt exactly Redfern, but If you where so scared mate, what he hell possessed you to even consider going back? :blink:

With respect Its not your performed imaginations that you guys need to worry about, do you actually watch the news? Its the real life nasty freaks that you need to be watching your back for. :ph34r:

Crazy MoFO! :wacko:

Please make a better decision when trying to get to where your going!!

Read MY account of the story in the Encounters Sightings and experiences section, hopefully you will understand more after reading both sides of the story

"a human figure, with a green upper body, giant bulging eyes, a mouth for a chin, a green skull and no ears, peeking out from the creek then walking away. 5 minutes later, nothing happened, and we went our serparate ways home". :tu:

Did you ring the coppers?

Did you ring the coppers?

No, though I heard noises, I didn't seem as if the being(s) were very harmful, and we were meant to be at school anyway

interesting story, Thanks for sharing it with us, If I had seen something like that it would spark my curiosity so I would have to go back with a video recorder,

No, though I heard noises, I didn't seem as if the being(s) were very harmful, and we were meant to be at school anyway

:hmm:

Albeit poor grammar, this reads like nothing more than some kids short story. That's my opinion.

Read MY account of the story in the Encounters Sightings and experiences section, hopefully you will understand more after reading both sides of the story

I've merged the two threads to keep the story together, both accounts can now be found on the first page.

Also moved the combined thread to the Sightings, Reports and Experiences section.

Albeit poor grammar, this reads like nothing more than some kids short story. That's my opinion.

Well yes, We are kids, but no, this is certainly not a short story. And Im sorry for the supposedly 'poor grammar', but its not like it's UNREADABLE now, is it?

Honestly to say, I am baffled with this story, but in wake of your conversation with me yesterday,you are so intrested in cryptozoology and it is very strange that you reported a story the very next day...Whatever be the case,what type of weapons did you carry?...knives? gun? or what else? Could it have been some fany dress playing old Man?...LOL

Thanks

B???