Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A recent dream

Jewels1958

Any of you good at dream interpretation? lol btw if this should be in another forum, plz move it. thanks!! :)

I had a dream the other night, that ended when I woke up (usually the only way I remember them is to wake up still in the dream). I was walking across the desert, came to a slight hill crossed over it and a lake spread out before me. The banks were very steep and my 29 year old daughter was climbing down the side to the lake. I was next to a rocky waterfall watching her go down. I said to her that I didn't think I could do it. Then it switched and I was next to a smaller lake in a forest or woods, no waterfall. I was standing there with some man I don't know and Jeff Goldblum came up to us (lol). He was showing us some clothes he made out of tree bark (hehe, I guess if you are gonna have someone be a little weird in your dream, you can't beat Jeff). Suddenly I saw a coal black wolf appear. When he showed up the two guys disappeared. The wolf came up to me and grabbed my hand in it's teeth and started leading me in through the woods/forest. He soon let go as I was following him. I remember touching his beautiful fur, it was so soft and wonderful!! Anyway, he walked along and I saw a hole in the side of a mound. I said, look at that, he dived into the hole and I could hear him rustling around in there. He came back out and we walked on until we came to another hole. He dived in again and this time he came out with a letter and package. He handed them to me, I started to open the letter, when I realized that it was addressed to some man (not a name I recognize or remember now, darn it). I looked up and suddenly there were several houses around. I looked at one and said, Oh that man used to live there. That is where I woke up.

Now to me, it is obviously a message of some sort. But I am kind of stumped on what this one means. It seems to be a message for someone else, so why was it given to me? Anyone have an ideas, or observations? :) Thanks in advance.

Edited by Jewels1958

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jewels1958

• Stormcrow

• Listening

• Nik Xues

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I used to be good at dream interpretation, usually if I know the person, but some of the symbols in your dream jump out at me, so here goes:

I was walking across the desert, came to a slight hill crossed over it and a lake spread out before me. The banks were very steep and my 29 year old daughter was climbing down the side to the lake. I was next to a rocky waterfall watching her go down. I said to her that I didn't think I could do it. Desert=feelings of being lost, or doing without, isolation

Hill=work, obstacles to your goals

Lake=resolution, solution, just out of sight

Steep banks=obstacles

your daughter=carrying on a tradition, relationships

rocky waterfall=obsticals to your goals

Are you giving up on a goal or a dream of yours because it seems too difficult?

Then it switched and I was next to a smaller lake in a forest or woods, no waterfall. smaller lake=less obstacles, searching for clarity

Maybe it is not as insurmountable as you think.

I was standing there with some man I don't know and Jeff Goldblum came up to us = a stranger, yet familiar to you, your "other" side, quirky

Maybe you need to draw upon your masculine, creative side to solve this problem.

clothes he made out of tree bark =covering, creative, dreams and desires

Look at it from an unusual point of view.

Suddenly I saw a coal black wolf appear. When he showed up the two guys disappeared. The wolf came up to me and grabbed my hand in it's teeth and started leading me in through the woods/forest. He soon let go as I was following him. I remember touching his beautiful fur, it was so soft and wonderful!!=something you should fear, you need to examine, and you may appreciate. Don't let fear stop you! It can be a good experience in the end.

I saw a hole in the side of a mound. I said, look at that, he dived into the hole and I could hear him rustling around in there. He came back out and we walked on until we came to another hole. He dived in again and this time he came out with a letter and package. He handed them to me, I started to open the letter, when I realized that it was addressed to some man =showing you something hidden, news, unveiling, explore

I looked up and suddenly there were several houses around. I looked at one and said, Oh that man used to live there.=houses= you, yourself, aspects of yourself, something you should know, going on around you, inside you. Finding your strength, and courage.

There is no true way to interpret a dream, but after gaining much insight on the topic, I find it hard to relate dreams to the subconscious. No matter what an interpretation of your inner feelings (shown through dreams) reveals, you'll always find a way to match it up with something that's occurring in your life. I don't find those readings reliable at all. A dream to me, is either just a dream, or something special...

I don't believe the wolf is something you need to fear. I've found, mostly through observation, that your spirit guide--usually an animal that represents your greatest strength, the wolf represents guidance and counseling--will contact you, or others, in dreams. Perhaps this wolf was your guide, or the man's, and he had come to bring you a message of importance. This message, maybe for you or the other man, should be looked into if you so choose. I find that even if you don't act on your dream, things happen anyway, as that is the path that's been laid for you. If you are destined to receive or relay a message, it will happen, and you'll know it when it does.

People I have talked to, and that have shared their dreams with me, tell me of odd, riddle-like dreams that are deeper than what they seem. However, with yours, I don't feel that yours is any deeper than it seems. Not all dreams have to be secretive and mystic, though there are aspects that may seem odd at the time. I feel that watching your daughter descend the sand dune without you, because you were too unsure of yourself to do so, may represent a time of change in your future. An emotional, or physical rift between you and your daughter, or it may have just been a dream.

The second part, I can't imagine it being anything more than a dream, but the sudden interruption of the wolf--which caused the rest to disappear--seems very odd. Though it's normal to have strange people and objects come out of nowhere in a dream, it is very odd to have them act in a meaningful way. I do, very heavily, believe that this wolf is a spirit guide, come to help you in a situation. The message is probably an important one, regarding you or your family, but like I said, if it is a dream telling of the future, it will happen no matter what you do, as that is your path. But, it always helps, and is a bit of comfort, to know what it means. Try desperately to recall the man's name. Think hard, and if you must, try to contact the wolf again. Ask for him to bring the name to you, and write quickly the first things you think of. It may sound silly, but your first instinct is almost always right.

how old is the dream

i think it means that you need to find someone "the letter" may be more familiar than you think along with the houses

ya the wolf is probally your avatar [spirit guide] or maybe his i assume it is probally the? mans address you found

water has too many meanings for me to decipher but usually create a calm feeling in the dream enviroment

Great responses. :) I actually woke up with the feeling that the wolf was a spirit guide (not just an animal stuck in the dream by my subconscious). And as for the time frame of the dream, I don't remember the exact day, but it was within the past week. The dream is still fresh, but I haven't been able to remember the man's name, darn it. :)

I had a dream about 12 years ago, that a native american man came up to me with a blue bird on his shoulder. The bird flew over and plucked a worm off my cheek (I had been sicker than a dog for at least a week, woke up the next morning on the mend). Then he told me a ton of information, I woke up with the knowledge that he told me a huge amount of information. But I couldn't remember a bit of it. It was incredibly frustrating. lol It's like the recording shut off right when it got to that point. I always figured that it was stuff I would need to know some time in the future, just not right then. lol

I feel like you already have a good sense of dream interpretation. It's true you can never truly know what a dream means, but you can always get a good idea. I think you've got a good grasp on what your own dreams mean, and based on that dream, and the one you had twelve years ago, the spirit realm--or whatever realm you wish to call it--senses that you do too. Maybe the man's name will end up coming to you, Jewel. Dunno, but I feel like that part is up to you to figure out.