Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If ET arrived and said: I'm God

and-then

47 members have voted

1. 1. If extra terrestrials landed and told us that they were our creators, would you believe it?

• Yes
    • No
    • DON'T KNOW
    • DON'T CARE

So a first contact occurs. The government can't/won't hide it and we see our first real ETs. They tell us that they planted us here very long ago and that they are our "god". They have technology we cannot imagine. Do you believe their story?

I've often felt we are here because of alien genetic engineering. So I might believe them if they had any kind of credible proof.

I've often felt we are here because of alien genetic engineering. So I might believe them if they had any kind of credible proof.

their fake evidence would be better than our real evidence, just something to think about.
  • Like 2

I don't believe that ET would be that corny,they would just invade and that would be it,game over Mankind... :gun:

"...for many false prophets have gone out into the world..." and all that

"...for many false prophets have gone out into the world..." and all that

Yep...we are even warned that a great deception would fool most in the last days. I can't think of one that would be more universally accepted - can you?

I wouldn't know what to think of their story.. But I sure as heck would not allow any ET use my phone lol

• Like 3

I would point out all the ways they screwed it up.

• Like 3

Yep...we are even warned that a great deception would fool most in the last days. I can't think of one that would be more universally accepted - can you?

The Bible(s)?

• Like 4

I don't care, if they could prove it it just means with all their technology they're archaic to fuel such primitive concepts.

I guess a more interesting question is, what if they are god, what if you could go back in time and see the ETs giving commands to Moses or genetically engineering the first humans.

Edited by Rlyeh

If an extraterrestrial proclaimed they were god, after I stopped laughing I would ask them who created them. :alien::yes::alien:

• Like 1

So a first contact occurs. The government can't/won't hide it and we see our first real ETs. They tell us that they planted us here very long ago and that they are our "god". They have technology we cannot imagine. Do you believe their story?

I don't know if I'd believe it right away, I need some evidence.

However, do have some thoughts.

First if something like that happened you know what I'd be suspicious of? Them claiming to be god. If they came and said they set life in motion on this world through silence that sounds plausible, but if they claim the title of god that just seems like an attempt to manipulate and control. (Not that's much different from the god of certain religions.)

Second, I wouldn't dismiss the claims out of hand. Why? Because it's not beyond the realm of possibility. You can claim that such technology is impossible but 100 years so were many things we take for granted (the internet, mobile phones, planes, artifical insemination etc).

Third, of course just because a race has such impressive technology doesn't mean they did what they claim (how many civilisations and tribes on earth have thought others were godlike for having technology?). If such a race did make that claim we'd have to be very careful how we handled it.

However, you know what would be important? Checking religious beliefs at the door. Why? I think you demonstarated it perfectly in this quote:

Essentially you'd go 'la la la not listening'. Unfortunately that seems to be a common stance when religious belief faces other forms of evidence but just think of the consequences of such a stance here.

You'd have an alien race with impressive technology and it wouldn't take much for trouble to start if religious people just went 'those are false prophets!' We know people kill already for religious beliefs, it wouldn't take much for some religious moron with that stance to decide 'yeah I'm gonna kill them too, they're false prophets sent by the devil'. It doesn't take much to screw things up for the rest of us and, I'm sorry, but religous people seem to be extremely good at doing just that.

Best case scenario the aliens would go and we'd lose any benefits they may have been willing to share with us. Worst case we'd have a firefight that we'd have no chance of winning all because religious people couldn't resist causing trouble.

The sad thing is I can honestly see that happen. And not just if aliens made such claims, they'd likely do it for any such claim because it would challenge the notion of humans being special.

• Like 3

I would point out all the ways they screwed it up.

Now there's a tongue lashing they well deserve. :tu:

Beings who would take the time to breed humans have a motive. Kind of scary, really. Anybody watch Star Gate.

• Like 1

For interest, five people (at present) have voted "Don't care". I'm curious if any of those folk could post their reasons. I mean, if aliens turned up and said, "guess what, we created your race" why would you shrug and say "who cares"? Whether you believe the aliens or not, surely you'd take some active interest in the situation.

If an extraterrestrial proclaimed they were god, after I stopped laughing I would ask them who created them. :alien::yes::alien:

I would add - What is this clap trap about man being made in your image? Was it some sort of practical joke ? :alien::P

First off Id ask him why I never got my racing bike when I turned ten. I prayed all year for that!

But anyway, they would have to look pretty much like us then wouldn't they? For man was created in Gods image..

quote: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

(By the way note the words -Us and Our? Who was God talking too,a council of other gods/angels?)

I think if aliens came here and said that, they would have to come after Armageddon, after the revelations and the end time prophecies, after the plagues, world destruction and...much gnashing of teeth etc - (love that phrase, I do it in my sleep)...in order to get any credibility, because all the texts indicate that after all the poop hits the fan...then he comes back

because this is when 'he' said he'd return in scripture. In fact I dont think he ever said 'he' will return, but Jesus instead returns. Which includes god of course, but its Jesus who made the promise of "I'll be back"!

Now, if the world was being destroyed, floods, earthquakes, plagues, fire and brimstone, angels playing trumpets etc, I think Id be in such a state of sheer terror I wouldn't care who you really were, just get me out of there!!

So, if aliens did come and make claims, they'd need to be inline with scripture to even be believed. I believe...

Edited by seeder

Sorry I didnt vote, there are 4 choices to vote on

Yes

No

DON'T KNOW

DON'T CARE

But Id vote on: 'If scripture had been played out" ...then most likely Id be very inclined to.

And so long as they could answer what color Racing bike I wanted/prayed for - and then give a damn good reason why I didn't get it :w00t:

Edited by seeder

For interest, five people (at present) have voted "Don't care". I'm curious if any of those folk could post their reasons. I mean, if aliens turned up and said, "guess what, we created your race" why would you shrug and say "who cares"? Whether you believe the aliens or not, surely you'd take some active interest in the situation.

I already did;

"I don't care, if they could prove it it just means with all their technology they're archaic to fuel such primitive concepts."

But anyway, they would have to look pretty much like us then wouldn't they? For man was created in Gods image..

Says man.
  • Like 2

If they had the technology to possibly engineer and start an entire race then I'm quite sure they wouldn't have a problem in convincing us otherwise. But in the end, natural selection has placed our species above the rest, we are at the top of the pyramid. We are animals whether people like it or not and the most dangerous creatures to ever roam the planet. I still believe to think we were created by some superior being is very arrogant.

I believe it to be more like, "we put the microbes there which evidently resulted in your existence".

First off Id ask him why I never got my racing bike when I turned ten. I prayed all year for that!

quote: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

(By the way note the words -Us and Our? Who was God talking too,a council of other gods/angels?)

I think if aliens came here and said that, they would have to come after Armageddon, after the revelations and the end time prophecies, after the plagues, world destruction and...much gnashing of teeth etc - (love that phrase, I do it in my sleep)...in order to get any credibility, because all the texts indicate that after all the poop hits the fan...then he comes back

because this is when 'he' said he'd return in scripture. In fact I dont think he ever said 'he' will return, but Jesus instead returns. Which includes god of course, but its Jesus who made the promise of "I'll be back"!

Now, if the world was being destroyed, floods, earthquakes, plagues, fire and brimstone, angels playing trumpets etc, I think Id be in such a state of sheer terror I wouldn't care who you really were, just get me out of there!!

So, if aliens did come and make claims, they'd need to be inline with scripture to even be believed. I believe...

If anything, I do believe if there is a God, it would probably not like having people speak on its behalf.

As for all these doomsday and Armageddon theories. Does it really have to come to something like that for the human race to change? To come to some revelation?

As for the scripture there is very little credibility for that I am afraid.

Us humans need some humility.

• Like 3

If anything, I do believe if there is a God, it would probably not like having people speak on its behalf.

As for all these doomsday and Armageddon theories. Does it really have to come to something like that for the human race to change? To come to some revelation?

As for the scripture there is very little credibility for that I am afraid.

Us humans need some humility.

ha - maybe but I only quoted from whats in the big book! So if the big book has got that bit wrong, about things that MUST come to pass.. well maybe all of its wrong then? But I never argue religion with anyone. Thats how wars start!

Anyway..

What does God need with a starship?

edit to add better sound quality vid

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

But Id vote on: 'If scripture had been played out" ...then most likely Id be very inclined to.

And so long as they could answer what color Racing bike I wanted/prayed for - and then give a damn good reason why I didn't get it :w00t:

The problem with that being the bible doesn't speak for god it claims to speak for god which is a big difference. Every religion that has a god or gods has something that claims to speak for those deities. How many of those are wrong? Pretty much all of them, because most of them speak of something as a deity (ie the sun or moon) which we now know is NOT a deity so they couldn't possibly speak for it.

And of course, with revelation the apocalypse seems to be coming every five minutes depending on the the interpretation.

• Like 1