Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

The right to shoot tyrants, not deer

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,258 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 16 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

I agree with aztek. For most Americans, moving is for pussies. Those that usually move in regards to how they feel about America don't move because they're afraid of the government. They move because they hate America, like Johnny Depp. Who knows how things would go down in the event of something real bad but I sure as hell ain't leaving. I'm going to fight and stand on the side of right.

Or don't want to pay any taxes, the less heartier just move their money though... :devil:

Edited by questionmark, 16 January 2013 - 01:40 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#77    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,753 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 January 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Or don't want to pay any taxes, the less heartier just move their money though... :devil:
you would know that, lol, Greece is in toilet due to tax jumpers,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#78    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,258 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postaztek, on 16 January 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

you would know that, lol, Greece is in toilet due to tax jumpers,

And some brain amputated in the States are cheering and applauding everybody who manages to pay less than their fair due... I know.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#79    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,753 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 January 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

And some brain amputated in the States are cheering and applauding everybody who manages to pay less than their fair due... I know.

don't worry who is cheering in the states, worry about those IN GREECE that don't pay their fair share.
just as u always do , blame someone else.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#80    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,258 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

View Postaztek, on 16 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

don't worry who is cheering in the states, worry about those IN GREECE that don't pay their fair share.
just as u always do , blame someone else.

I pay my taxes both in Greece and in the States. And I still think that I should pay more in the States. At least perceptually more than those who earn 1/10th of what I earn.

about me

#81    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 13 January 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

I see your point but can't you justify the righteousness of the people who went to war in order to create the freest society the world has ever known an actually made it happen and actually created what would on to become the greatest, freest, richest, most legendary, most powerful beacon of hope the world has ever known?

Oh, my. Thank you for this post. I laughed quite hard at this view.

The fact of the matter is that the U.S. has never been a beacon of hope or the most free. They have, since their inception, been invading other countries and sapping their resources to provide the rich of the country with more money just like any other dirty, powerful country in history.

And they have never been the greatest at anything other than space travel and the Olympics and some other sports.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 16 January 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#82    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,951 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 12 January 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

The cops right now that abuse there power to an extent that is well, gross and well protected. To think the Second Amendment will save you from a govermental force of that of the United States is fooling onesself.  The Second Amendment is so out dated that it has become pointless as to what it was intended to do.  You see well organized malitials should also have black hawk helo`s and tanks and Jets, everything needed to defend against a tyrant. As we see there is absalutely no opposition to a tyrant type government such as the US if the goverment wanted to cruch private gun owners they could no matter what pea shooter one has.
Spoken like a true sheep.  The point isn't about winning.  The point is about standing on one's feet and standing for freedom not being a slave to a government.  Dying in revolt is one heck of a lot better than living on one's knees - for some of us

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#83    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,753 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

idk, video has all the numbers right, but i see millions of ppl come to usa, and millions more apply for visa every year. lets ask them why do they come here if we are so bad.  i don't see that many come or try to come in any other country.
there is a lot more ppl coming to USA than leaving.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#84    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Indeed there are more looking to get a chance to live in the USA than their own homeland..  Many people from poorer countries would give their right arm to live in any western society such as the USA,  UK and so on.. This I cannot deny..  But then again, I am not here to put the USA down as a bad country..  Not when you look at a much broader scale..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#85    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,429 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 16 January 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

The fact of the matter is that the U.S. has never been a beacon of hope or the most free. They have, since their inception, been invading other countries and sapping their resources to provide the rich of the country with more money just like any other dirty, powerful country in history.

And they have never been the greatest at anything other than space travel and the Olympics and some other sports.
I didn't watch your stupid Jeff Bridges video. I know from seeing you around here that you pretty much despise this country. I refer you to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty and the immense immigration problem we have. Everyone wants to come to America. As for the rest of your post...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#86    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,109 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 16 January 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

The video doesn't exactly support your statements below it when the actor portrayed by Jeff Bridges Daniels admits that the US "sure used to be" the greatest country in the world.

Even today, we're the greatest in the world in GDP, a fourth item to add to Daniel's list of three.   And what makes us, and what made us, the greatest country in the world is our Constitution.  Our understanding that liberty is already endowed, not handed down to us by a few powerful men sitting around a table or a single powerful man sitting on his magic chair.

Edited by Yamato, 16 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#87    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,699 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

That's Jeff Daniels.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#88    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,109 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 16 January 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

That's Jeff Daniels.
Corrected.  Thanks.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#89    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,881 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

What made America successful was that the founders studied history for years. They understood how governments operated; they knew that from their studies regarding different political dynasties, past articles, policies, how empires could collapse - or how governments could become authoritarian or oppressive. That is why their experiment was the most social experiment ever: people living in liberty in an established land governed by them, for them. All guns were to be unregistered, unregulated, widely distributed, and widely available. The people were supposed to protect themselves - and they did, time and time again.

We were, for a long while, a very civilized and capable people - despite our apparent social issues. It was an American dynasty across the free land where politicians knew the spirit of the revolution was a fresh memory, and that the people they served could very well turn on them should they become tyrannical - but more importantly, that the people had the capability of doing so should the need ever arise.

That kept the politicians in check..

Back then, of course, we had a variety of different politicians with different political views. Some men might have had arguments over their beliefs, but the exchange of ideas was the key significance of America - but in addition, that that exchange was protected by the people - who protected the rights that were available for them to freely exercise should they choose, that were derived from their humanity.

One of those rights to freely exercise was to own and keep a gun. One of those was to be able to criticize your government fairly, or to say what you felt freely. One was to be able to select your own faith and keep your own principles and set your own morals as a free man. One was that government cannot unfairly search you. One was that you were innocent until proven guilty, as representation was important for all men - and that justice was important for all men as it maintained a balance amongst all who lived in liberty - in prosperity, or in poverty.

These ideals are looked down upon these days, though.

Edited by Eonwe, 16 January 2013 - 10:38 PM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#90    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Why is it that some Americans here act as if Americans own the rights to freedom and liberty? As if that's an American creation?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users