Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Anyone seen this picture?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#256    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 05 October 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

And what say you regarding the bug hypothesis?  Could it be a bug?  Or is ET piloted vehicle the only answer that you'll accept?

The bug theory is plausible. At least I can accept some of what skeptics are throwing out there as a possibility. But it seemed that skeptics never, and I mean ever accept that ET is a possibility. Some of you "skeptic" seem to have a singular goal of discrediting everything but refused to accept that it could be anything, including ET origin. Some of you are willing to throw every possibilities out there except ET. The jelly fish theory is not anymore absurd than the swamp gas theory or the planet uranus theory. Yes, uranus or is it venus?

#257    uprize

uprize

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 05 October 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

And what say you regarding the bug hypothesis?  Could it be a bug?  Or is ET piloted vehicle the only answer that you'll accept?

I am open to all reasonable suggestions, but I am yet to see any bug which resembles the appearance of the object in this photo, especially one with a 'metallic' like surface to reflect light like that.

#258    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 04 October 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

SMH.
Please tell me you are not serious.
Let me put it more simply.  Flying in terms of UFO means "aloft"....drift, fleet, float, flutter, glide, hover, levitate.
If it ain't on the ground it's flying.
Here it is used in a sentence:

If you get hit by a bus you will fly through the air... :w00t:

In response to :
I know what UFO means, but do you even have proof that it is flying? Plastic bags float....they don't fly. Or are you going to tell me it can also mean "Unidentified Floating Object"?

Again, this may or may not be a UFO....we have insufficient evidence!

Have to say this was a very ironic statement UFO not being an  "Unidentified Floating Object"
when so many of the UFOs are explained away as being exactly that...balloons of one type or another !

Edited by White Unicorn, 05 October 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#259    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

View Postuprize, on 05 October 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

I am open to all reasonable suggestions, but I am yet to see any bug which resembles the appearance of the object in this photo, especially one with a 'metallic' like surface to reflect light like that.

Apparently people capture plenty of bug  when they take pictures. I am sure there are plenty of picture like this one floating out there somewhere. I am not a picture person, so I don't have any. I am sure some of the expert skeptic/photographer have some pic that look like this, you know, a misidentified bug.

#260    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 05 October 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

The bug theory is plausible. At least I can accept some of what skeptics are throwing out there as a possibility. But it seemed that skeptics never, and I mean ever accept that ET is a possibility. Some of you "skeptic" seem to have a singular goal of discrediting everything but refused to accept that it could be anything, including ET origin. Some of you are willing to throw every possibilities out there except ET. The jelly fish theory is not anymore absurd than the swamp gas theory or the planet uranus theory. Yes, uranus or is it venus?

Offering potential terrestrial explanations doesn't mean that I don't entertain the possibility of something extraterrestrial.  Why would you think that?

By offering potential terrestrial explanations I'm only suggesting something that is more likely, and I'm only suggesting it as a possibility.  How could a terrestrial explanation be less likely than an extraterrestrial one?  Think about that for a moment.

Until everything close to home is ruled out, why jump to something that isn't close to home as the de facto conclusion?

View Postuprize, on 05 October 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

Then you haven't watched the video I linked to earlier have you?  The beetles in that video definitely resemble the appearance of the object in this photo, especially the one in flight.  Perhaps not an exact match, but we are dealing with angles and perspectives as well.  There isn't a perfect side-on perspective that I've found yet, but anyone with spatial awareness should be able to recognize the plausibility of this photo being a bug captured mid-flight with motion blur with a side-on perspective.

And again, I'm not saying that this is the definite answer, but Jesus, none of you even seem to acknowledge the possibility of it?!?  How closed minded do you accuse skeptics of being?  Look in the fracking mirror.  (sorry for the 'fracking' reference... perhaps being influenced by the Battlestar Glactica remake...)

#261    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 05 October 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

Apparently people capture plenty of bug  when they take pictures. I am sure there are plenty of picture like this one floating out there somewhere. I am not a picture person, so I don't have any. I am sure some of the expert skeptic/photographer have some pic that look like this, you know, a misidentified bug.

People do.  Some people have actually made freaking UFO films about them.  Rods?  Heard about those?  What are they?  Bugs!  An entire film has been devoted to these bugs under the guise of being extraterrestrial or inter-dimensional entities.  But they're just bugs.

Yep, bugs.

Where else have bugs shown up as supposed UFOs?  Many places.  Some people have even presented YouTube videos of bugs captured with night vision and purported them as being UFOs or inter-dimensional beings in combat.  How nonsensical is that?  Who buys this crap?  Do you?

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee balloon boy.  There are plenty of people who are ready to tell you that ET is here, but none of them have proof of it.  Not a single one.  Zero.  Nada.  Zilch.  Zippo.  None.

Why don't they?

Perhaps it's because ET is a sneaky SOB?  Or perhaps it's because ET isn't here?

#262    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

What is it about this object that identifies it as possibly alien anyway? The fact that it's unidentified and air born (because honestly anything else is simply conjecture)? Is that all that is required to make the leap to ET? I'll never understand that particular train of thought.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#263    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 05 October 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

Offering potential terrestrial explanations doesn't mean that I don't entertain the possibility of something extraterrestrial.  Why would you think that?

By offering potential terrestrial explanations I'm only suggesting something that is more likely, and I'm only suggesting it as a possibility.  How could a terrestrial explanation be less likely than an extraterrestrial one?  Think about that for a moment.

Until everything close to home is ruled out, why jump to something that isn't close to home as the de facto conclusion?

Then you haven't watched the video I linked to earlier have you?  The beetles in that video definitely resemble the appearance of the object in this photo, especially the one in flight.  Perhaps not an exact match, but we are dealing with angles and perspectives as well.  There isn't a perfect side-on perspective that I've found yet, but anyone with spatial awareness should be able to recognize the plausibility of this photo being a bug captured mid-flight with motion blur with a side-on perspective.

And again, I'm not saying that this is the definite answer, but Jesus, none of you even seem to acknowledge the possibility of it?!?  How closed minded do you accuse skeptics of being?  Look in the fracking mirror.  (sorry for the 'fracking' reference... perhaps being influenced by the Battlestar Glactica remake...)

I never said it was less likely. I think you know better than to put all believers into one basket. Yes, it's a possibility that it's a bug, but do you also accept that it's possible that it could be ET? Of all the pictures of UFO that claimed to be genuine, do you think they are all terrestrial? So the possibility that some pics are real is non existence?

#264    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 05 October 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

What is it about this object that identifies it as possibly alien anyway? The fact that it's unidentified and air born (because honestly anything else is simply conjecture)? Is that all that is required to make the leap to ET? I'll never understand that particular train of thought.

What do you think it could be? If it's not a blue bag or bug, does it look like an airplane, helicopter, glider or anything conventional? Is it a secret military object from the US, Greece or another country? The Greece gov't broke but they have plenty of money for secret projects? It could just be a toy from a beach goer, i am sure. But it sure as hell don't look like anything I know of that are operated by man.

#265    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 05 October 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

I never said it was less likely. I think you know better than to put all believers into one basket. Yes, it's a possibility that it's a bug, but do you also accept that it's possible that it could be ET? Of all the pictures of UFO that claimed to be genuine, do you think they are all terrestrial? So the possibility that some pics are real is non existence?

Thank you for acknowledging the possibility that this might be something terrestrial.

Do I accept that there is the possibility that it is extraterrestrial?  I believe that I've already stated that this is possible.  I've also stated that it is unlikely.

Are all UFO images terrestrial?  Nobody can answer that, but to conclude otherwise is to assume the improbable.  Still within the realm of possibility, but also improbable.

I'll put it this way.

I haven't seen a single UFO picture that I can say is definite proof of extraterrestrial visitation, but I've seen thousands (literally) of pictures that are most likely terrestrial.

This picture is no different.  Could it be ET?  Sure, I suppose it could.  Is it ET?  Probably not.

#266    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

That's the difference between believer and skeptic. Our possibility are bigger. It doesn't seem as improbable to someone who has seen it with their own eyes. Hell, I would likely be a skeptic if i haven't seen it myself! Fortunately I am not shutting the door on all the possibility of what could be out there based on that experience. Thank, boon for acknowledging that it could be ET, no matter how small that possibility might be.

#267    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 05 October 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

What do you think it could be? If it's not a blue bag or bug, does it look like an airplane, helicopter, glider or anything conventional? Is it a secret military object from the US, Greece or another country? The Greece gov't broke but they have plenty of money for secret projects? It could just be a toy from a beach goer, i am sure. But it sure as hell don't look like anything I know of that are operated by man.

I honestly don't know what it could be. More importantly the list of things that I know that it isn't is quite large but ultimately incomplete. For example, I know it's not a school bus however I don't know enough to be able to say it isn't some sort of unknown weather phenomena or some such. Also I don't know enough to be able to say it isn't an alien craft either, only that there are quite a few Earthly explanations that would be more likely. Anyone who is honest with themselves would say the same.

And no, I'm not claiming it is some unknown weather phenomena. But it might be.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#268    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

Well after spending a few hours today at work looking at all the evidence ( been a busy Friday :clap:   ) I can honestly say that it is inconclusive either way .

I can see where the beetle or bug thinking comes into it ,  I spent some time checking all the local bugs in Crete and couldn’t find an exact match but found a few that could be a possibility , the right hand side of the object ( zoomed ) kind of look like legs and the body shape is some what correct , however the left hand side of the object ( zoomed ) doesn't really look like the head of any bug or beetle that I could find .

I’m happy to say that this is a UFO - it appears to be  flying and I can't identify it :td:

I would like to point out that after spending a few hours looking at the picture from different angles and zooms ,the way she holds the camera , herself in the shot etc  , I get this gut feeling that something is wrong with this picture , what you may ask ? I’m not sure but something is telling me that this picture is not right

TiP.

Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. - Indiana Jones .

** Lannisters like to keep it in the family **

#269    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,958 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostEuphorbia, on 04 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Do you not realize that EXIF data can be altered? Hell, even I can do that!

yet everyone constantly say need EXIF data or its a hoax...someone provides the EXIF data then we are told that its not worth anything as it can be altered..... :w00t:

I wouldnt sound so surprised that EVEN you can do that.......seeing as you have over 20years experience in photography :)

#270    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

photo shoped,the person in the picture isn't even aiming the camera,and if she is why is she smiling,Fake fake fake,oh did I mention FAKE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users