Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HAUNTED NIAGARA

Spengler

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is from Canada (Niagara Region) or if you have visited it? I am a huge fan of the paranormal and ghosts. I recently saw a new documentary "HAUNTED NIAGARA" and was wondering if anyone else saw it? It was totally amazing and interesting!

I knew of many of the famous haunted areas in Canada, but I didn't know the Niagara Region has the most haunted areas in North America. I guess it had to do with the many deaths during the war of 1812.

The video shows you alot of really cool stuff. I never saw a live seance until I saw the one in the video. It totally freaked me. You can tell it was not staged. And the interview with the cop who was at the famous poltergeist case in 1970. It made the friggin hair stand on the back of my neck. I did some further research into it and sure enough the incident did happen...a kid was lying on a bed that was floating a foot off the ground.

If you are ever in Niagara On The Lake, check out the haunted ghost tour of Fort George in the evening. It is so freaky but cool!

Anyway, if anyone knows of more haunted places in the Niagara Region, please let me know. If you are interested in the show Haunted Niagara, I found a website where one of the producers/author has a right up... psychedoc.homestead.com

I think the video is only for sale in Canada at the moment.

Spengler

psychedoc.homestead.com

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Janis

• JohnnieBRotten

• Kobar

• VanHagar

Hey Spengler

I did see the documentary Haunted Niagara. I belong to a ghost society in New York state. We went on a tour of old haunted Niagara On The Lake and picked up the video while I was there. The video is definitely a masterpiece and great reference sourse for anyone interested in ghosts. What I didn't realize is who were the hosts of the show. Barbara Rodrique is one of the hosts and she is the very attractive lady from Niagara Fallls who is on the Dr. Phil Show every week losing the weight in the weight-loss challenge. And the other host is Peter Andrew Sacco, who wrote the novel Fear Factors. I don't know if you read his book Fear Factors, but that scared the hell out of me! It is 10 short stories and the ghost story totally my breath away. I read it one night and I honestly couldn't sleep! I heard every sound in my house. My husband thought I was crazy lol If you like ghosts and the paranormal, Fear Factors is perhaps one of the best reads to come along in a long time. Now I saw Sacco on one of the late night talkshows talking about the book when it first came out and I think they are making a couple of the short stories into movies. I read through a newspaper article he has or is working with one of Mel Gibson's assistant directors from BraveHeart. But I would definitely check out Fear Factors if you haven't, amazing book, scary, sadistically creative and erotic. I know the book is harder to find, but I ordered my through amazon.com Anyway Happy Hauntings!

I concur with your praise of Fear Factors... great book, why it's not on bestsellers list is beyond me! Sacco is the best horror writer since King.

Does anyone know if they have weekend packages for the Haunted Niagara. i.e. actual ghost tours? I am the New England area. If so, could you please post. Thanks.

Hiya X-Filer, I am from the Toronto area.

There are no overnight or weekend package tours that just look at the haunted areas of Niagara. You are pretty much on your own, other than the haunted ghost tour of Fort George, the haunted tour in Toronto and there is one in Buffalo, NY.

I have been on most of the ghost tours in Canada and the USA. A group of us go bi-yearly to check things out. We even did one in Germany, with Scotland on our radar in the near future.

The documentary video Haunted Niagara is really good. I have actually met Dr. Peter Andrew Sacco at a book signing for Fear Factors. He is quite a hoot! He is not your typical PhD nerd *s* I know he does the ghost stuff for fun because his fictional writings look at the paranormal. If anyone is interested, check out the college website: ce.niagara.on.ca Sacco actually offers 2 Understanding The Paranormal courses through on-line learning, accredited without any pre-requisites. My girlfriend took the first one and absolutely loved it! It's kinda like an X-Files course meets scientific scrutiny.

And X-Filer... I believe Sacco is trying to get "The Closet" made into a movie. I know he is involved with Maple Tree Productions who filmed Haunted Niagara. If anyone is reading this posting, I urge you to get your hands on a copy of Fear Factors, if only to read the story the closet. This by far, has to be, one of the most original, spooky ghost stories ever written!

And for those checking out Niagara for hauntings, don't forget to check out the Screaming Tunnel...quite the haunted legend there... In Haunted Niagara, they look at it and do recreations with ghosts...totally freaky!

Ciao

Johnnie

Johnnie B,

Just wanted to say I totally agree with you on the story "The Closet" from Sacco's Fear Factors. Are you serious about them making a movie from it? That would be fantastic if they translated it into a movie. That ghost story has to be the scariest I have read since The Shining. You said you met Sacco? That must have been cool. I have seen him on tv a couple of times and you're right...he doesn't look like a doctor lol If you are able to talk to him or the film company, please tell them to make The Closet into a movie. Or if you know Wes Craven per chance, hand it his way...it is too awesome a story to not be a movie!

Thanx

Janis

Thanks for the message Janis.

No I don't know Peter Sacco, just met him.

Yes, I agree The Closet should definitely be made into a movie. I would also like to see the first story with the female devil made into a movie as well as The Stalker. I like vampire stories and that one Sacco wrote had one of the most twisted unpredictable twists!

My wife and I have dined at the Buttery and the Angel Inn. They are quite a site. Very neat! Actually, the Buttery has King Henry's Feast at night on the weekends, it is a great experience.

There is also the legend of the old lady Hitchhiker on the Niagara Pwky. It is a freaky urban legend I suppose.

As far as the Haunted Niagara show goes, don't quote me on this, but I believe at some point between May and Sept of this year, there is suppose to be a Haunted Niagara night with the cast of the video production as well as some of the Inn keepers and ghost witnessers at one of the places in Niagara On The Lake. It would be a cool thing to attend and I believe Peter Andrew Sacco will be one of the speakers which is always cool!

Over and out

Nor

Also forgot to mention... If you've scene the original television version of Haunted Niagara, check out the beginnign where Sacco is standing. It is the actual gazzebo from where Stephen King's original Dead Zone was shot. I know Sacco is a fan of King's and he pays him tribute at the start of the video.

Nor

I have saw some footage of Haunted Niagara documentary on one of the breakfast morning shows on tv just a few months ago. I thought it looked pretty interesting. I don't know much about the Niagara hauntings other than the Forts and a couple of the inns. The footage they showed was from a bed and breakfast place near the Falls and there was a psychic taking a tour of the house explaining she felt someone was murdered in the house over a hundred years ago. The owner I guess has lights turning on and off at night as well as doors slamming when the B&B is closed for the off-season.

I live right here in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. The only, haunted place I've been to around here is Fort George. For a class trip in grade 8 we slept over in Fort George. We were all tripping out at night because me, and a bunch of other friends were seeing images all over the barracks. As we were playing cards the heat vent about us suddenly stopped, then not a few seconds later gusts of cold air came from it. While we tried to sleep my other friend seen an image of a woman with a "bun," at the top of her head(i guess the old fashoned hair style?) My last ghostly experience was seeing a white image outside. It was near a cannon and doing only one thing. It was repeatedly pacing back and forth in the same positions over an over again.

All in all it was a very uncomfortable and suspenseful experience.

*** As for tours http://www.ghrs.org/ghosttours/gt.htm

http://issuesny.tripod.com/home/id43.html

http://www.madscienceofniagara.com/gtbrochure03.pdf

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

Hello

Funny, I was just in Niagara On The Lake this past week and ate at the Buttery. There is an ongoing story about the ghost who roams around on the second level where King Henry's Feast is. It is really cool upstairs if you've ever been there to see the feast.

There is also a museum in the Fort Erie area that is haunted. Things get moved around after the place closes and the employees see things way out of whack.

I also live in St.Catharines, not too far from Niagara Falls. I was able to pick up a copy of Fear Factors this past week and have read 3 stories. I can't put it down! The Closest is an totally awesome ghost story!

Newbieone

I see you read The Closet as well. What a great story! The whole concept of the 4th dimension really intrigued me. I wonder if that is where ghosts exist as Sacco tells his story.

The part with the snow in the closet when the kid found it sent chills up and down my spine from this way to Australia! As I mentioned in an earlier posting, I hope that short story gets made into a movie. They've made some of Stephen King's shorts from the Night Shift into movies and they would have been better off just leaving them alone because as I recall the one story of the giant rat wasn't too scary and then they made the Graveyard Shift with Fred Ward which was a major disappointment.

Anyway, that's just my opinion whistling2.gif

I've never heard of Fear Factors until I visited this site. From what most of you have said, it sounds like a good book. I called my bookstore in Tampa and they never heard of it, but I found it at Amazon.com I read some of the posted reviews on Amazon and they seemed to like it too, so I ordered myself a copy. I can't wait to read the story about the closet. I haven't read or watched anything scary in a long time.

I would also like to get my hands on a copy of the Haunted Niagara video. Do I just go to the mentioned website or can I order it through barnes and noble or Blockbuster?

I tend to find the ghost stuff more fiction and legend than reality. Don't get me wrong I do like a good scare, but I am more of a cynic. I guess it's from watching alot of the corny shows that make stuff up.

I remember seeing a challenge put out by debunker James Randi to find a psychic who could prove they were in fact real, or someone who could capture a ghost and show it's authenticity. If you ever get to Disney's MGM studio check out the Tower of Terror. It is so cool how they have created ghost holograms. The illusions are so real looking you'd swear you were actually looking at real ghosts. I think that's why I have been more of an unbeliever than a believer. I need to see it myself to actually believe it.

In the meantime, I hope Fear Factors is as good as billed. I could use something of entertainment value!

I'm from just outside of Toronto.Where and when did you see Haunted Niagra?It sounds like something I'd love to watch grin2.gif

Hello Ravenheart and Vanhagar,

I was able to order a copy of Haunted Niagara through the website: psychedoc.homestead.com

They were selling them in Niagara On The Lake and sold out. I think some of the stores will be selling them there again this spring. Someone I know near Niagara mentioned that the bookstores Chapters maybe getting them. From what I gathered, if people interested in buying Haunted Niagara from bookstores like Chapters, they showed phone them and Chapters would start stocking them.

Also, I think there is a "space channel" that only Canada has and the show might have been aired there or they were planning on airing it. I first saw it on tv last October on Halloween. I don't know if television airs it to celebrate Halloween?

Hope this helps thumbsup.gif

I tried getting Haunted Niagara through Block Buster but it's not on their order list... bummer!

thanks for the website...I wasn't aware that Peter Sacco was actually on the Haunted Niagara video as well. My wife was checking out the website as well. She watches Dr. Phil and says she knows who the woman is who is hosting Haunted niagara. I guess she is always on Dr.Phil doing some sort of challenge. Anyways, I think I am going to try to order a copy of the video directly through Peter Sacco's website, if not I am going to try and ask the bookstores to order a copy for me. There really haven't been any good videos, not to mention "any" videos of the documentary sorts that deal with ghosts to come out in a such a long time.

I also looked up Niagara on the lake on-line and found some of the haunted places talked about. They look pretty interesting.

Vanhagar and all interested...

I e-mailed Peter Andrew Sacco last night inquiring about Haunted Niagara and where to get it. I wasn't actually expecting to hear back from him at all, at least not so quick. Anyways, he responded back to me and all the questions I had.

First, Haunted Niagara is not his project. He just served as a technical consultant and that's it. He does appear in the video but had nothing to do with the production.

Second, if you wanted to order it, you have to order through Maple Tree Productions which is posted on his website: psychedoc.homestead.com and he said he has nothing to do with that other than posting it on his site as a sign of gratitude for working with Maple Tree Productions.

And third, I told him how much I liked Fear Factors and how great the stories are and why it isn't in mass distribution yet. He mentioned since it was published independently because he thought it was just experimental horror and sci-fi, it wouldn't really catch on. I told him, boy were you wrong! I told him myself and many who have read the book loved it and rank it up there with some of King's best work.

He seems like a really, really nice gracious man. rolleyes.gif

And one more thing Van... Sacco's first story in Fear Factors "One Hell Of A Sexy Deal" has to be one of the naughtiest, nastiest horror stories I have ever read! It caught me hook line and sinker and I couldn't put down the book!

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is from Canada (Niagara Region) or if you have visited it? I am a huge fan of the paranormal and ghosts. I recently saw a new documentary "HAUNTED NIAGARA" and was wondering if anyone else saw it? It was totally amazing and interesting!

I knew of many of the famous haunted areas in Canada, but I didn't know the Niagara Region has the most haunted areas in North America. I guess it had to do with the many deaths during the war of 1812.

The video shows you alot of really cool stuff. I never saw a live seance until I saw the one in the video. It totally freaked me. You can tell it was not staged. And the interview with the cop who was at the famous poltergeist case in 1970. It made the friggin hair stand on the back of my neck. I did some further research into it and sure enough the incident did happen...a kid was lying on a bed that was floating a foot off the ground.

If you are ever in Niagara On The Lake, check out the haunted ghost tour of Fort George in the evening. It is so freaky but cool!

Anyway, if anyone knows of more haunted places in the Niagara Region, please let me know. If you are interested in the show Haunted Niagara, I found a website where one of the producers/author has a right up... psychedoc.homestead.com

I think the video is only for sale in Canada at the moment.

Spengler

where did you find that documentary???? I have been looking everywhere!!!!