Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange man ...

Michelle

About twenty years ago my ex-husband and I moved into a historical district. Mind you it's not as old, being in the U.S.A., as most of the other historical places Hammy, Cuffy and so many others have experienced. It is in a place that some of the bloodiest battles during the Civil War were fought and there are lots of ghosts in the region. I digress...

One night my husband fell asleep on the living room floor and I got ready to go to bed. I tried to wake him up but as he is a sound sleeper he just grunted so I left him there. The bedroom was across the hall and as I laid down I could still see were he was. I was restless but trying to sleep because I had an early day coming up. I opened my eyes after just a couple of minutes of laying down and I saw my husband, I thought, walk through the living room, down the hall, towards the bathroom. I waited for the light to come on in the bathroom but nothing happened. After a couple of minutes I saw my husband get up off the floor... and realized... that whatever I'd seen had walked over him or through and had been standing before it reached the spot he was laying. As I watched my ex walk down the hall I noticed by the pictures hanging on the wall that whatever had already taken that route was at least eight inches shorter than he was, he's 6'2". I was quite shaken and asked him what had waken him when just a couple of minutes earlier he wouldn't budge and he said a cold chill went through him. Needless to say I didn't get a wink of sleep that night and that was just the beginning.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michelle

• superfly911911

• SilverCougar

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse me for leaving, someone came to the door. Let me clarify... I didn't mean that I SAW more of whoever it was, I meant that it was the first time after living in another house that I think was haunted that I had actually seen something. After the first incident there were other things that couldn't be explained. The house had old water faucets that were stripped and very hard to turn. There was no shower and it was hard to wash and rinse very long hair in the tub so I washed it in the kitchen sink. One day I was bent over the sink washing my hair and it felt like something was holding my head down and the cold water turned completely off. I was scalded and choked under the stream. My ex and I tried to rationalize about how it could have happened but to no avail.

There were other things... the house had plaster walls that had nails where the last owner had hung pictures. Taking the nails out caused more problems than it was worth at the time so if I hung something up I just put in new nails. We would get up in the morning and the pictures would be randomly moved to various locations around the house. I guess whoever it was didn't like the decor! LOL

*grins* Aaahh ghosts with a sence of humour and interiour decorations!

Gotta love those!