Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan Readies Missile Defense Over N Korea

bouncer

Japan readied its missile defence systems to shoot down a North Korean rocket on Friday,

The nuclear-armed North has announced it will launch a rocket in mid-April to put a satellite into orbit, a move that the United States, South Korea and other nations see as a pretext for a long-range missile test banned by the UN.

Fireworks to be seen then no doubt if you live there!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9161955/Japan-readies-missile-defence-system-over-North-Korea-rocket.html

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• Simbi Laveau

• bouncer

• Corp

to be fair, while i dont want to see N. Korea getting "ahead", isnt that an act of outright war on Japan's part, and if N. Korea retaliates...it will seemingly be on japans head.

to be fair, while i dont want to see N. Korea getting "ahead", isnt that an act of outright war on Japan's part, and if N. Korea retaliates...it will seemingly be on japans head.

technically, if its in the Japanese air space, its up to them I guess

I read today that NK is using a different launch site near Yongbyon in the west of the country so that the missile can be launched on a southerly course and avoid this little issue :P It's nice to see they aren't completely irrational. But it also means they seriously need the test data and the successful launch.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. :tu:

I think the missile will go south of Japanese territory since NK has moved the launch site. But it still will cause an interruption in delivery of much needed food for the people.....IDIOTS!

oh and btw:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224362

I think the missile will go south of Japanese territory since NK has moved the launch site. But it still will cause an interruption in delivery of much needed food for the people.....IDIOTS!

oh and btw:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224362

I do the little search to make sure the item hasn't been posted yet,and it doesn't come up....

Argh !

I think it has to be worded exactly the same or something.

I do the little search to make sure the item hasn't been posted yet,and it doesn't come up....

Argh !

I think it has to be worded exactly the same or something.

Ive had that sometimes, maybe in this case a simplified search may have got you there? For example, just searching 'japan' in the search box finds the posts we both made!

Hope it helps!!

Threads Merged

• 3 weeks later...

And now: 'North Korean rocket installed on launch pad'.

It will be interesting if Japan follows through with it's current stance on bringing down the missile.

North Korea has intimidated Japan for years.They attack Japanese boats,fire short range missiles at their boats.

Years of this.

The amt of water between Korea and Japan,is not a whole lot.

I think they have to stand their ground on this.

North Korea has been asked to stand down dozens of times.

They claim its a peaceful mission .

If Japan fires on them,it gives them cause to cry foul,and raise tensions in the region.If Japan doesn't fire on them,Japan has to worry that n Korea thinks they can do whatever they want.

It's a ploy just to make things worse.

If they actually attack Japan,the USA has to get involved.

If Korea is attacked,China goes on alert,and Russia will get involved.

I'm not sure if China would actually back n Korea,but its right next to them,so its a liability.

It will get ugly,really fast,if it goes down in a bad way.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

NK NEEDS the data from this launch or it becomes a huge waste of money and time. If Japan is going to do it I hope they intercept early in the boost phase to deny them most of that data.

NK NEEDS the data from this launch or it becomes a huge waste of money and time. If Japan is going to do it I hope they intercept early in the boost phase to deny them most of that data.

I think Japan has to do it,but they might err on the side of good will.

Dunno.Did you look at the link I posted ?

3 anti missile apparatus ,in Tokyo. Is assume they can disable anything over the entire country ,but I'm wondering why they didn't set stuff up either down near hiroshima,and up by sapporo.

Well we all maybe seeing what happens in a very short few ! One thing is for certin ! Yuck,Yuck,Yuck and two fingers in the eyes wont excuse

a really bad launch gone haywire and crashing onto a populated area !

Who ya gonna call when that happens?

The Kim-chee busters? Or better yet let them keep trying to prefect a real delivery system for all the world to worrie about .

I would like to think they will just pop one on the pad and give up !

I think Japan has to do it,but they might err on the side of good will.

Dunno.Did you look at the link I posted ?

3 anti missile apparatus ,in Tokyo. Is assume they can disable anything over the entire country ,but I'm wondering why they didn't set stuff up either down near hiroshima,and up by sapporo.

I looked at the link. It seems to me that the North really want to soft sell this because they need the info for their missile program. Their weapons are the only thing keeping them in power and they understand that. It's only a matter of time until they perfect a system and mate a nuke to it that will cause great concern in this country. I think they believe they will be able to coerce the West into accepting them at the table of nations and even to feed and maintain them in power once they can threaten nuclear annihilation on most any country on earth. They seem screwy to me but I still believe they are rationally motivated. We'll soon see, I guess.

I looked at the link. It seems to me that the North really want to soft sell this because they need the info for their missile program. Their weapons are the only thing keeping them in power and they understand that. It's only a matter of time until they perfect a system and mate a nuke to it that will cause great concern in this country. I think they believe they will be able to coerce the West into accepting them at the table of nations and even to feed and maintain them in power once they can threaten nuclear annihilation on most any country on earth. They seem screwy to me but I still believe they are rationally motivated. We'll soon see, I guess.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/world/view/china-urges-restraint-over-n-korea-rocket-launch?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2012-04-10_PM

China is asking the rest of the world,to have restraint....

Not surprising given that China is North Korea's only ally. Though over the years they've been getting more and more annoyed.

If the test is allowed to go forward unhindered - which will be the case imo - NK will have proven that they either have an intercontinental capacity to deliver a warhead or they'll prove their not there yet. I have no idea how long it takes to miniaturize warheads to a deliverable size but NK has had a lot of time to puzzle the problem. The more disturbing aspect of all of this is that they and Iran are close partners in this science.

Japan readied its missile defence systems to shoot down a North Korean rocket on Friday,

The nuclear-armed North has announced it will launch a rocket in mid-April to put a satellite into orbit, a move that the United States, South Korea and other nations see as a pretext for a long-range missile test banned by the UN.

Fireworks to be seen then no doubt if you live there!

http://www.telegraph...rea-rocket.html

Hmmmm, scarey but it needs done.

There seems to be some emphasis placed on whether it's a satellite or not and I don't understand why they think it matters. If the payload is a satellite that is approximately the same size and weight of a nuclear warhead then the test results will be golden for them.

Not wishing death on any of their technicians cause they're just doing a job, but I hope it blows spectacularly on the pad :w00t:

From a military stand point, this is a worst case scenario, tactically we (UN, US and Allied Forces) do not want North Korea and/or other countries ran by extremists to have these capabilities. Unfortunately, our military is constantly held by diplomatic "non sense." We, Military Personnel, have one job. Keep you, the citizen, safe. When our hands are constantly tied by bleeding hearts that job becomes absurdly difficult.

If NK succeeds in this launch of a "Satellite," it will mark a rather disturbing milestone for them and us.