Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oklahoma to allow nitrogen gas for executions

Still Waters

Oklahoma became the first U.S. state to approve nitrogen gas for executions under a measure Gov. Mary Fallin signed into law Friday that provides an alternative death penalty method if lethal injections aren't possible, either because of a court ruling or a drug shortage.

https://uk.news.yaho...29.html#xuhsQad

Critics say that one concernis that the method is untested. Some states even ban its use to put animals to sleep.

tics say that one concern is that the method is untested. Some states even ban its use to put animals to sleep.

https://uk.news.yaho...29.html#h1dTHp7

I fully understand banning it on natures other animals, but ...and I quote:

"Oklahoma executes murderers whose crimes are especially heinous"

"Oklahoma executes murderers whose crimes are especially heinous,"

https://uk.news.yaho...29.html#h1dTHp7

why the concern for these human animals?

Please do not give me the human rights and humane thing, these animals did not consider any of these when they committed their crimes against their victims. However they get executed has still got to be better than how they "executed" their victims.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

I've always said that if they give me a gun and 6 bullets (although I'd only need one) and also paid for my travel expenses and lunch I'd shoot anyone who is convicted of violent rape and/or murder. Heck, if the crime was heinous enough I'd pay for lunch and bullets myself.

Edited by George Ford
  • Like 2

Oklahoma - leading the nation in the quickest ways to want to kill people. I'm so proud of my state for really owning its mental disability that it doesn't believe exists.

why the concern for these human animals?

Please do not give me the human rights and humane thing, these animals did not consider any of these when they committed their crimes against their victims. However they get executed has still got to be better than how they "executed" their victims.

It's all cause of that pesky eighth amendment we have.

• Like 1

It's all cause of that pesky eighth amendment we have.

You and Americans and your amendments, can`t they just be ....amended?

• Like 1

You and Americans and your amendments, can`t they just be ....amended?

You would think, but apparently the constitution was written by jesus himself and cannot be touched because it is already the most perfect document ever to exist.

• Like 1

You would think, but apparently the constitution was written by jesus himself and cannot be touched because it is already the most perfect document ever to exist.

This man wrote that?.. wow

zj1kewotf1vgvwq8ya11_400x400.jpeg

• Like 1

This is crazy. In another thread we have the fact that the FBI fabricated evidence to convict (mostly minority) people of heinous rapes and murders. At least 200 so far with another few thousand cases to go through. Yet you guys are so certain they'd get it right this time that you would be the executioner?

I am not pardoning criminals, but we should all remember what living in a free society is really about. Blackstone's principle is "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer",

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 1

Why not carbon monoxide? He'll people die all the time from it.and never even realize they were in danger. Sedate the evil doer, and put him in a closed space with a generator. Deal done.

I don't support the death penalty by the way. I prefer super evil people to never see the light of day.

Edited by White Crane Feather

It's pretty typical with these types of mental Neanderthals in charge of places like here. They'll scramble to find the next best quick alternative to killing people. NOT killing people isn't even an option of course, because sometimes you just feel like killin' I guess. Naturally the argument against no more executions is we have to pay to house these lifers and it overcrowds the prisons - so maybe quit putting so many trivial-crime people in prison that quite obviously don't deserve it?

• Like 2

It's pretty typical with these types of mental Neanderthals in charge of places like here. They'll scramble to find the next best quick alternative to killing people. NOT killing people isn't even an option of course, because sometimes you just feel like killin' I guess. Naturally the argument against no more executions is we have to pay to house these lifers and it overcrowds the prisons - so maybe quit putting so many trivial-crime people in prison that quite obviously don't deserve it?

Actually, I think it's more expensive on average to go through the process to have them executed than to make them lifers. I think they should be given the choice. Opt for death or live their life in a cell. For myself, I'd rather die than be caged forever.
  • Like 1

We abandoned the death penatly in the UK when the public becamed sickened at the number of miscarriages of justice. The feeling was that the justice system was not reliable enough to substantiate the taking of a life.

• Like 2