Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lahoma, OK Mayor's Hubby KKK For Halloween

Paranormalcy

Some adult needs to sit down with Oklahoma and have the talk about being an adult, I guess. It won't listen to us.

post-6598-0-97795200-1446491755_thumb.jp

"Don't worry, everyone - the crosses are not actually on fire! Nothing racist going on here after all!"

It would have been BETTER if the costumes had been real - then the accompanying ****ty judgment would make sense. But these were homemade costumes, indicating the guy, husband of the MAYOR of Lahoma, thought 1) it would be funny and 2) this wouldn't reflect badly on his wife's POLITICAL CAREER

The mayor criticized her husband, as she was in a different part of town. But the HUSBAND AND WIFE didn't have ONE talk about this? This was a SURPRISE to her? BS. You know he was walking through the house as he was, I don't know, sewing his hood or something, and said "Hoonnnneeeeeyyyyy..." and she, in the bathroom, putting in earrings, said "Yesss, deearrrr...?" and he said "I think I'm gonna go as the Klan" and she shook her head and smiled indulgently, sighing "You're such a nerd".

I'm not even made at the guy for being a racist, which he might be, but I don't think is necessarily a given - I think this should remove HER for being SO clueless and having such bad judgment, either for letting him do this, or for marrying such a simpleton (or hateful racist).

I think every single media outlet, politician and any OTHER person of even relatively influential power, should condemn him and especially his MAYOR wife, in the strongest terms - the media says they're "objective" but they may artificially neutral. You can OBJECTIVELY see something and say "That is STUPID" or "That is WRONG". Calling out a fact does NOT mean you're not objective!

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2420665

• Like 2

Look at that guy in the article. That wasn't a "Halloween prank", that was a normal saturday night.

• Like 2

What adult couldn't have taken themselves through the thought process of whether this was going to be OK or not?

• Like 4

What adult couldn't have taken themselves through the thought process of whether this was going to be OK or not?

Me. It is OK. Calm down.

"oooooh....someone wore a KKK outfit"

mar21.jpg

• Like 1

:cry:

Every year with have idiots that can't seem to find 'the line' when it comes to offending others.

Halloween would be better if we just went back to the ghosts and goblins...

• Like 2

... AND remember trick or treatin' should be left to the kids while the adults try not to get too intoxicated ~ at least not until the kids are safely asleep ...

... AND remember trick or treatin' should be left to the kids while the adults try not to get too intoxicated ~ at least not until the kids are safely asleep ...

When the kids are safely asleep the intoxicating tricks begin!

Sounds just like bankers not getting a bailout.

• Like 1

~

tumblr_m8vbpuaaJZ1r52he3o1_500.gif

~

It's Halloween everyday till the bailouts come .... :yes:

~

I'm not even mad at the guy for being a racist, which he might be, but I don't think is necessarily a given

That's the thing about people you don't know Para, they might be a racist. I think your race-radar has been much too sensitive when exploring that possibility.

It would ruin his wife's political career? Politics! How about we have some freedom and only then consider politics as a means to protect and preserve that freedom?

He shouldn't have apologized because it justifies his persecutors accusations in their minds and accomplishes little to calm down the rage and condemnations.

Well, on the politics aspect, I'm more referring to the objective perspective of: If I was this guy, I'm not genius, but if my wife was the mayor, I'd look at the KKK costume in my hand and think, "You know what, maybe this isn't such a good idea. Even if it isn't a big deal to people, for me, I probably should use a big of judgment since my wife is in the public eye".

That's the thing about people you don't know Para, they might be a racist. I think your race-radar has been much too sensitive when exploring that possibility.
I don't understand what you're saying here. You think it's unreasonable to theorize he might be a racist for dressing as a Klansman for Halloween?

As far as the apology goes, I can't agree with your opinion. I believe you should apologize if you are legitimately offending people and causing unmistakable intidmidation and actual fear in people. I'm not personally outraged about people dressing up like Indians or even blackface for Halloween, though I know Indians and black people that are - they just say "Nope, you just don't do it, period, end of story" and I can understand their opinion I guess, and I haven't lived their life etc. but for me personally, that sort of thing can easily be clueless people or people who feel like it's 2015 and maybe we shouldn't be offended by everything, especially when it is clearly or likely not done maliciously or to mock or ridicule people.

I guess maybe the mayor's husband was mocking the KKK and he should be applauded for his bravery? Or maybe not. I'm glad I'm not in the business of deciding public policy, but there are times when I wish I had a chance to speak out on some things that just drive me crazy.