Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5273 replies to this topic

#3931    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 10 May 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Dit geeft aan dat iemand graag anderen plassen in het zwembad kijken. :innocent:

Without Google Translator:

"Dat geeft aan dat iemand graag kijkt naar anderen die in het zwembad plassen".

:P

#3932    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postlilthor, on 10 May 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

iemand plast altijd in het zwembad

Without Google Translator:

"Er is altijd wel iemand die in het zwembad plast".

#3933    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

और अब इस विषय के लिए सभी वापस

#3934    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postlilthor, on 10 May 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

iemand plast altijd in het zwembad

As long as it does not just turn into a contest of who can p*** the highest . i shall be thankful to anyone who can help discover who they may have been while in India.

#3935    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostVan Gorp, on 09 May 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

What do you understand with 'new' word? Only as of 1800's?
Ever heard of neologism ?

#3936    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 10 May 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

It was used as early as 1827:

http://books.google....ijkheid&f=false

And notice this is a translation from German into Dutch.

And this is from 1822:

http://books.google....ijkheid&f=false

Is dat goed Nederlands? (is this proper Dutch?)

author: Charivarius

B. Duitse woorden in Nederlandse vorm (German words in a Dutch form)

eigendommelijk

http://www.dbnl.org/...a01_01_0015.php

Apparently everyone considered it to be a Germanism, and no one said, "Hey, it's Old Frisian !"

The original German words are "Eigentümlichkeit" and "Eigentümlich".

The Old Frisian form is:

êg-en-dæ-m-hê-d* 1, âin-dæ-m-hê-d, afries., st. F. (i): nhd. Eigentum, Unfreiheit;
ne. bondage; Q.:

http://koeblergerhar...rieswbhinw.html

There's no êg-en-dæ-m-LIK-hê-d in Old Frisian, or EigentümKeit /EigentümHeit in German.

+++++

EDIT:

Here they use an example of "eygendommelijcke" with Goblerus' "Den spieghele der rechte":

http://gtb.inl.nl/iW...=WNT&id=M015751

And that's from 1560:

http://books.google....ENT900000059302

But you won't find an ancient example of "eigendommelijkHEID".

There are some earlier occasions, but in a juridical context only. The neologism eigendommelijkheid pertains to cultural environment such as literature. Probably the meaning of the word has been a topic for discussion during the walk of Halbertsma and van Lennep in 1836 in Gaasterland. As a linguist Halbertsma was very much interested in new words.

Edited by Knul, 10 May 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#3937    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 10 May 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

As long as it does not just turn into a contest of who can p*** the highest . i shall be thankful to anyone who can help discover who they may have been while in India.

If this is the level of your contribution to discussions you can better go home now.

#3938    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostKnul, on 10 May 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

There are some earlier occasions, but in a juridical context only. The neologism eigendommelijkheid pertains to cultural environment such as literature. Probably the meaning of the word has been a topic for discussion during the walk of Halbertsma and van Lennep in 1836 in Gaasterland. As a linguist Halbertsma was very much interested in new words.

You mean earlier occasions of the complete word, "eigendommelijkheid"?

The earliest source I found was from 1560, but it's only part of the word, ie. "eigendommelijk".

#3939    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostKnul, on 10 May 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

If this is the level of your contribution to discussions you can better go home now.

Well, he only asked who can tell him more about the people living in India as mentioned by the OLB. And The_Spartan (from India) is the one to ask.

#3940    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Knul, do you have a link to an online copy of  Ocko Scharlensis' "Croniicke ende warachtige beschryvinghe van Vrieslant" ?

I once had a link, but can't find it anymore. I remember it was all in Latin, and no translation (or only parts).

#3941    Van Gorp

Van Gorp

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Say Knul:

I find this all of interest that's why I question further (may I ;-).  Hopefully my questions don't bother you and you don't chase me off from this public forum.
Apart from the fact that the word 'eigendomlijk' was seemingly used in the 16th century (Abe and your posts), I find it strange that adding the suffix -'heid' would make it a neologism of the 19th century.  Nevertheless, if that would be one of the possible appreciations: fine.

But why a linguist as Halbertsma would use a word of which the meaning has been a topic for discussion regarding to be a neologism, in a fabrication to pretend to be ageold keeps a mystery to me.  That's a give away he should have been very conscious of :-)

#3942    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,670 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Bah. Humbug!

If any tom, dick and harry can claim anything, then this gentleman called Rolf H.Bremmer , in his book

Hir is eskriven: Lezen en schrijven in de Friese landen rond 1300 [Here is Written: Reading and Writing in the Frisian Lands around 1300]. Hilversum: Verloren. 165 pages, 38 ills., map. ISBN 9065508171.

has written that

The most interesting chapter, in my opinion, discusses the "Friese Vrijheid," the myth of Frisian independence granted by Charlemagne, as reward for Frisian aid in beating down a popular insurgency in Rome. Bremmer discusses various indirect sources, such as seals and documents that refer to these rights; many proclamations and letters contain passages based on that founding myth. The Gesta Frisonum, a Frisian text preserved in a codex ca. 1500 and based on a Latin Historia Frisiae, preserves the mythical history of the Frisians in great detail: starting on an island off the coast of India, the Frisians travel to their present land in a journey that parallels that of the Israelites. This history culminates in a bloodless battle between Charlemagne and the Danish king Redbad, decided in Charlemagne's favor. Bremmer actually derives his title from one of the aforementioned judicial codices: "Hir is eskrivin alsaden riucht, sa us God selva sette anti kinig Kerl urief": "Here is written such right as God himself set for us and King Charles granted us." A final note in this chapter, and Bremmer does well to dwell on it, comes from another codex, the Second Hunsingoer Codex (Leeuwarden Hs. R 3), a collection that contains (besides legal documents and historical texts) a poem that recounts Frisian mythological history, called "Fon alra Fresena fridome," "of the freedom of all Frisians." Written out as prose, whereas elsewhere (in England as well as continental Europe) poetry in Latin was written out as verse, the poem contains a number of non-Frisian (Middle Dutch or even German) forms used for the sake of rhyme: Bremmer concludes that the poet must have had access to or acquaintance with non-Frisian poetic texts, that Friesland, in other words, was not the end of the world but very much part of it.

Hmmm...there goes the OLB.

Frisians were Indians. So all the land that belongs to present day Frisians belong to India.

hahaha..as if i believe that ****!

As i said, Any tom , dick and harry can claim anything.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#3943    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostKnul, on 10 May 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Ha Ha Knul ... its ok if they say it in dutch , but you are offended if its in English .........i think you don't like me much Knul :tu:

#3944    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 10 May 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Bah. Humbug!

If any tom, dick and harry can claim anything, then this gentleman called Rolf H.Bremmer , in his book

Hir is eskriven: Lezen en schrijven in de Friese landen rond 1300 [Here is Written: Reading and Writing in the Frisian Lands around 1300]. Hilversum: Verloren. 165 pages, 38 ills., map. ISBN 9065508171.

has written that

Hmmm...there goes the OLB.

Frisians were Indians. So all the land that belongs to present day Frisians belong to India.

hahaha..as if i believe that ****!

As i said, Any tom , dick and harry can claim anything.

You'd wish it was that easy....

Believe me Spartan, that has been posted quite a few times in this thread.

And there are many versions of that same legend,one of them making Friso a son of Shem, son of Noah, another having him and his family living in Jerusalem before they leave,and so on.

Btw, the island was called "Fresia the Blessed", and some think it was Taprobane or Sri Lanka,but yet another version has him travel from his kingdom to Taprobane....

One version has him travel around Africa, another has him travel through the Mediterranean.

If only you could read Dutch:

http://books.google....us ocko&f=false

Edited by Abramelin, 11 May 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#3945    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

If only i could read Dutch too , i have spent all day so far trying to use google translate , only to get a couple of measly pages of Gobledygook , takes too long , and is not accurate enough ,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users