Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Beeping sound' drives couple to despair

Still Waters

A retired couple driven to despair by a constant beeping sound ripped out walls in a bid to find the cause - only to find it was from a smoke alarm buried in a chest of drawers.

Paul and Jeanette Henry, of Frinton, Essex, are facing a bill of hundreds of pounds to replace the plasterwork.

Mrs Henry, 68, said she was "absolutely amazed" when they found the culprit - a 10-year-old smoke alarm in an old desk.

"We were tearing our hair out," she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-essex-19921055

that can be annoying. I have had that happen with a carbon monoxide detector. They can be hard to pin point when they only beep like every 30-45 seconds

Six cats simultaneously demanding food is equally annoying.

I agree..I have two cats, but only one is annoying.. The tom cat is louder and never stops meowing... He sits looking up at you as you dish out his food along side his sister Misty.. She is quiet and he meows loudly as if to say - Hurry it up... Sometimes he annoys her too ( trying to eat her food as well as his ) and she lifts her paw and wallops him, and he runs up stairs for cover !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

A few months back I spend a good while looking for a very annoying cricket that i thought got in the house. It kept randomly chirping and irritating me to no end. Turned out to be a spaceship on my kid's Leg Star Wars game.

Edited by sarah_444

I had a watch in my van that I'd forgotten was there and the ticking noise was driving me mad. I finally found it and promptly lost it in the van again. No wonder I'm crazy.