Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Death Star' moon hides mystery interior

UM-Bot

There is now believed to be something mysterious lurking below the surface of Saturn's moon Mimas.

A rocky and seemingly barren world, Mimas had up until now received relatively little in the way of attention compared to some of Saturn's better known moons such as Titan and Enceladus.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ystery-interior

• Like 2

Cassini does it again! Cassini has to be one of the biggest bang for your bucks mission NASA has ever launched.

• Like 4

Cool. Those outer moons have always fascinated me more then mars. I hope I live to see the day where explorations (either robotic or human) are sent down to their surfaces.

Very interesting and great find! Saturn, not Jupiter was the planet from the book version of 2001:A Space Odyssey. However, the book was written after the movie version. I read somewhere why Arthur C. Clarke changed the planet but I don't remember why.

Hopefully the "Kill the Moon" Doctor Who episode isn't right and that moon is an egg for a creature. :innocent:

• Like 1

Hopefully the "Kill the Moon" Doctor Who episode isn't right and that moon is an egg for a creature. :innocent:

i don't mind the creature...those microbe spiders put me off..... ;)

CGI was in it's infancy and they just didn't have the time or tech to do the rings. Just as well, they would been jarringly unrealistic viewed today.

I knew Darth Vader was real.